Berserk Tattoo

Gurifisu

Sweet dreams, dear child of god.
i used to be 250 pounds and have shredded to 170 pounds, my long term goal is to get as ripped/shredded as guts is
I lift weights, and I'd be interested to see someone who actually looked like Guts. Though the physique of Guts in some arcs just isn't possible to obtain. I'd say golden age arc Guts is a reasonable if insanely hard goal to achieve.

Gurifisu said:
I lift weights, and I'd be interested to see someone who actually looked like Guts. Though the physique of Guts in some arcs just isn't possible to obtain. I'd say golden age arc Guts is a reasonable if insanely hard goal to achieve.

Cheers man, an iron buddy who digs Berserk! Yeah I agree, the physique he has in Volume 1 is definitely attainable, but what he looks like later on in the manga is probably VERY HARD to do without great genetics or taking testosterone for bodybuilding purposes (which is illegal).. but since I'm gonna train til' I die, I'm gonna find out sooner or later :guts:

bains1989 said:
hey everyone! thought id would share my only 2 berserk statues i have one on each side of my chest! a few members were asking me, sorry about quailty a have a quote on one side and the brand on the other, my left arm is fully sleeves and the brand branches off to my chest with like a water splash :3

btw sorry for shirt off picture as it was the only way to properly get a good shot

i used to be 250 pounds and have shredded to 170 pounds, my long term goal is to get as ripped/shredded as guts is :guts:

y0sa.jpg
[/URL]

Dude, fucking cheers. Glad to see people make progress and share it. Inspirational. :ubik:

Deci

This happened finally , to go along with all my other BERSERK tattoos.

2j14vp5.jpg

I might get the silhouettes filled in but haven't decided yet if it would look better or not.

Hi,

First tattoo in progress here, next appointment in March to finish it :guts:

It's not a "genuine" Berserk tattoo, but it really is Berserk inspired. I just gave the Skull Knight artwork (Sk.net's emblem, incidentally) to my tattoo artist and let him operate his magic :schierke:

I think he did a great job, and it was well worth the pain !

12247096_1173320956028519_170412492219348744_n.jpg

Grail

Feel the funk blast
Congrats on the new ink, Zelis! :guts: Looks very cool, I like the new take on Miura's concept! I hear that sternum tattoos are tough to sit through, so kudos to you.

Grail said:
Congrats on the new ink, Zelis! :guts: Looks very cool, I like the new take on Miura's concept! I hear that sternum tattoos are tough to sit through, so kudos to you.

Thanks ! It was tough at times (plexus, and last 15 minutes...), but otherwise it was totally bearable.

Salem said:
I really like what you've chosen here! I'm assuming color will be om march, or will this be black?

It will be black indeed, my tattoo artist doesn't use colors. He'll just add shades and gradations in march.

Deci said:
This happened finally , to go along with all my other BERSERK tattoos.

2j14vp5.jpg

I might get the silhouettes filled in but haven't decided yet if it would look better or not.

This is really cool. What episode is this from? I have no memory of that panel, which is a shame because the art is so great.

Edit: Found it. A great tattoo of a pivotal scene.

Deci

My latest tattoos..

s2duys.png

Quote from The Neverending Story

That's 7 Berserk tattoos I have now woooo, still need to finish the Eclipse n Beast of Darkness but a travel back to Atlanta is required to do so. Maybe in a few months. >.>

RaffoBaffo

Ex-Newser of the late Berserk Chronicles
"Dans la nature rien ne se crée, rien ne se perd, tout se transforme."

The principle of mass conservation.

Quite beautiful.

****WARNING! THIS POST IS POTENTIALLY NSFW. YE HAVE BEEN WARNED!!*** :slan:

Oh boy...where do I even start.

I've wanted a Berserk tattoo for YEARS now, and always knew that it would be the Brand of Sacrifice. Not very original in the Berserk fandom, I know, but it's a staple of the series and I fell in love with its design and meaning so I just KNEW that I couldn't get anything else. (Yet.)

So when it came to placement, naturally I wanted it on the back of my neck where Guts has it. The purist in me wanted it no other way. However, that placement seemed unoriginal to me and I wanted to be a bit different. I was not bold enough to put it where Casca has it (and may yet want to save that skin for a chest piece should I be so inclined to do so down the road) and nothing else seemed to fit properly.
Then my boyfriend suggested....well...the lower region.
Immediately I fell in love with the idea. How very immodest and rebellious of me, yet Slan would most certainly love it! :slan:

I had to do it, but I wanted to add my own flare to it, so I sketched out a very rough concept, sent it away to a tattoo artist, and 4 days later there I was.

ZXufphL.jpg

The sketch had A LOT more going on than I got, but I added a lot of flare so he could pick elements that worked best with the space and my body. I may go back to add more later on, but for right now, I can wait.

NSFW (It IS censored, but be warned. It's still pretty boorish.)

******************************************************************************************

CLICK HERE TO SEE

******************************************************************************************

I am incredibly happy with how it turned out, and aside from one or two touch ups to do later on it healed incredibly well and I couldn't be happier with it! (FYI, the placement isn't uneven, I just held my hips weird when taking the photo, hence the angle!)

The pain was...not as bad as I thought. However, with that being said, it was not comfortable.
This is my 4th tattoo, but easily the most painful so far. My other tattoos have moments where they don't hurt at all -- this one, however, was almost always uncomfortable at LEAST.
Though I can tell you, (and so can my boyfriend whose hand I was crushing) that the last 20-30 minutes were hell on earth. I was so raw and sore, I was crying at some parts (particularily the lowest region and nearest the hip bones. NOT FUN!!)

Overall, if you're thinking about a tattoo below the belt, make sure you're ready for the pain past the 2 hour mark. That's when it SUCKS!!

Let me know what you guys think! :guts:

Jackolyn said:
I was crying at some parts (particularily the lowest region and nearest the hip bones. NOT FUN!!)

Ouch, I bet. When I saw the pic, I winced when I saw it went near your hip bone. You've definitely got bigger balls than me. I would totally wimp out.

As for the tattoo, I really like it. I especially love the brand's 3D effect. I might be mistaken because my phone's screen's so small, but it appears from the sketch that that wasn't part of the initial plan. Did the artist bring up that idea? Or did you come with it latter?

All in all, I think it looks great. The artist did an amazing job. Well worth all that pain. :)

Skeleton said:
Ouch, I bet. When I saw the pic, I winced when I saw it went near your hip bone. You've definitely got bigger balls than me. I would totally wimp out.

As for the tattoo, I really like it. I especially love the brand's 3D effect. I might be mistaken because my phone's screen's so small, but it appears from the sketch that that wasn't part of the initial plan. Did the artist bring up that idea? Or did you come with it latter?

All in all, I think it looks great. The artist did an amazing job. Well worth all that pain. :)

Thanks! I'm glad I didn't scare you off with the placement, and glad to hear you like it!

In regards to the design changes in the brand, I did originally suggest that red be included, but he suggested that it was "chunkier " and faded out into the skin and I went with it! He also suggested the shadow as I was under the gun and completely agreed. Without it, it looked a bit empty. I was pretty laid back with the suggestions he had for me, I basically pitched him the idea and sketch and he modified it after the fact (but I made sure my boyfriend approved as well so I wasn't going crazy) after all, my boyfriend actually paid for this tattoo as his Christmas present to me!

I plan on getting a lot more tattoos down the road (I have two more planned this year for sure, [back of my neck and the start of a full sleeve ]) but this will probably be the most hardcore tattoo I'll get in my lifetime. Hard to top, that's for sure! :guts:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Jackolyn said:
(P.S. If there is a way to hide the image behind a spoiler tag, could you let me know? I tried and it didn't appear to work. I just want to be able to hide it for those who don't want to see it! :magni:)

I made it into a link instead. It's the most effective solution.

Grail

Feel the funk blast
Deci said:
My latest tattoos..

Looks awesome! Coincidentally, the quote also reminds me of a line from Breaking Bad, which is an added bonus. :ganishka:

Jackolyn said:
I am incredibly happy with how it turned out, and aside from one or two touch ups to do later on it healed incredibly well and I couldn't be happier with it! (FYI, the placement isn't uneven, I just held my hips weird when taking the photo, hence the angle!)

A bold choice, indeed! :ubik: And very sweet of your boyfriend, too! I can only guess at how painful it was, but congratulations on sticking through it. Do you have any other Berserk-themed tattoos in mind?

Grail said:
A bold choice, indeed! :ubik: And very sweet of your boyfriend, too! I can only guess at how painful it was, but congratulations on sticking through it. Do you have any other Berserk-themed tattoos in mind?

Not at the moment, I have quite a few more ideas I'd like to work through first before I go back to Berserk (and need to save up the money)!
However, being my 4th tattoo, I knew Berserk was going to be one of the earlier ones, but now that it's "out of the way" I can do more areas of interest! (I will still likely go back to it though!)

Deci

Newest additions...

Part one
2pynuwn.jpg

Gonna have him touch up and fix the Dragonslayer hilt >.>

And two!
2lksc2c.jpg

Top Bottom