Berserk Tattoo

DarkDragoon

Kuro no mahoutsukai
Re: Tattoo of the Brand

It's not that big.. about.. argh its on my back so I can't see. Like 3 inches in height. Its very bold too.. thick lines. It looks fricken awesome. My friend took a bunch of pictures of it tonight so I'll put them up as soon as he sends them to me. This is the picture I brought the guy when I got it done

Brand05.jpg

I'm thinking of getting the brand on the back of my neck, but have one issue. I heard that if the tatooist screws up, he/she can hit a nerve and mess you up really bad. So I'm not really sure anymore.

Vaxillus

The one and only severed head

Void Swordsman said:
I'm thinking of getting the brand on the back of my neck, but have one issue. I heard that if the tatooist screws up, he/she can hit a nerve and mess you up really bad. So I'm not really sure anymore.
If that's true, it might not be worth it. Sacrificing yourself isn't worth the risk of having half your fac go numb ;).

Vaxillus said:
If that's true, it might not be worth it. Sacrificing yourself isn't worth the risk of having half your fac go numb ;).

Well if only one of his eyes goes numb, he will truly look more like Guts ;D

DarkDragoon

Kuro no mahoutsukai

I really don't think the chances of that stuff happening are very big. The needle only goes in about 1/8 of an inch.

Yea....i was thinking of getting the brand.........but on the side of my neck where guts has it....if you find a good pic of it....let me know....then when i get it ....i send a pic to SK....... ;D

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member

Well, it looks quite big (and bold, yeah) to me actually, at least compared to the Brand in the manga.

Headless_Death

u/QuartetGhent

How much did the tattoo cost? And how time consuming?
Void Swordsman said:
Then get it just to the left, or just to the right of the spinal column. It doesn't seem to dangerous since the needles don't go that deep. I know someone who is fine after having the back of their neck pierced. But they had to take out the piercing recently because managment at work didn't approve of it.

DarkDragoon

Kuro no mahoutsukai

It was about 60 bucks. I really have no idea how long it took. Maybe 20 minutes or so.. it wasn't that long.

Pretty cool, the tatoo artist did a nice job. :)

Err...You are wearing pants in that picture, right? :p

Tristram

100% Germ Free Manure
Samu2aiMugen said:
Yea....i was thinking of getting the brand.........but on the side of my neck where guts has it....if you find a good pic of it....let me know....then when i get it ....i send a pic to SK....... ;D

heres a good pic of it for ya...

><>

Bam!

Skimmer

without my sword I can't sleep
Hey all I'm new, noticed the thread. I'm sure you will notice my avatar...
<--------

Funny thing is ever since I got it, I've had more nightmares than I ever have before. It's kinda cool in an effed up sorta way. ;D

R

Razgriz

I dont have any pictures to show but i got the brand tattooed on me, same spot and about the same size as Guts. Everyone likes it and for thoughs that dont know anime, i just say its the Sacrifice Brand.

lost to me

Its easier to just swing my sword..............
I really want to get a BERSERK tattoo, but need to get the phrase, or text (whatever) "berserk" in the vertical alignment in japanese preferably. Ive seen it on a website but its the same as how the its "spelled" on the AOW action figure boxes, just vertical.

is this right? ???

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
lost to me said:
I really want to get a BERSERK tattoo, but need to get the phrase, or text (whatever) "berserk" in the vertical alignment in japanese preferably. Ive seen it on a website but its the same as how the its "spelled" on the AOW action figure boxes, just vertical.

Berserk in katakana is written ベルセルク. What's on the AOW boxes is correct in that regard. If you want it aligned vertically, well you can just do it yourself, it's not very complicated.

lost to me

Its easier to just swing my sword..............
Aazealh said:
Berserk in katakana is written ベルセルク. What's on the AOW boxes is correct in that regard. If you want it aligned vertically, well you can just do it yourself, it's not very complicated.

GREAT! Ive seen it that way, but just wasn't sure. do you have any suggestions for me as far as creating the actual text on my computer? do i need to download/buy some software or is there a website with some resources for me? anything u got, even a thread to direct me at would be helpful.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
lost to me said:
do you have any suggestions for me as far as creating the actual text on my computer? do i need to download/buy some software or is there a website with some resources for me? anything u got, even a thread to direct me at would be helpful.

Well, the standard Windows IME is good enough if you just want to type in Japanese on your computer. Otherwise, as far as the stylized fonts commonly used for Berserk go, you'd be better off just using Photoshop or another image editor to make it look like you want, basing yourself on existing stuff (like a scan of an AOW box).

Top Bottom