On the subject of Berserk Paintings....

Has there ever been any paintings released by Miura? Or has anyone ever had a painting comissioned on Berserk? In light of the post on the Zodd painting I was just wondering. I saw paintings in the pictures of the guy who bought the Berserker Armor and I posted those below. Does anyone know where they came from (Commissioned, He did them, etc)?

Berserk_Armor_TV.jpg

Well, I'll let JIN go in more detail, since they are his, but I believe his brother just enlarged some of Miura's work and printed them on a nice thick canvas. Those are all original drawings by Miura, found in the manga/artbooks.

DirectDK said:
Well, I'll let JIN go in more detail, since they are his, but I believe his brother just enlarged some of Miura's work and printed them on a nice thick canvas.  Those are all original drawings by Miura, found in the manga/artbooks.

Wow that sounds cool, I would be interested in the procedure to do that =)

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
grendelrt said:
I saw paintings in the pictures of the guy who bought the Berserker Armor and I posted those below.

Where did you find this picture? Just wondering. Anyway, there are primagraphs of the book covers released everytime a new volume comes out or almost (autographed by Miura and numerated), and you can find some of them on Yahoo Japan auctions. JIN has a good amount of them.

If you care to check the thread where the picture you have come from, feel free to go there:

http://www.skullknight.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=3726.0 http://www.skullknight.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=3714.msg78359#msg78359

conan

Until next time...
I had a copy of a Miura painting done while in Thailand. There is a world famous painting club there that will copy any painting and change the colors if so desired.

I had a Berserk painting done but have yet to stretch and frame it...

I got that pic somewhere on this board I thought, when someone was talking about the guy making the berserk armor.

Aazealh said:
Where did you find this picture? Just wondering. Anyway, there are primagraphs of the book covers released everytime a new volume comes out or almost (autographed by Miura and numerated), and you can find some of them on Yahoo Japan auctions. JIN has a good amount of them.

If you care to check the thread where the picture you have come from, feel free to go there:

http://www.skullknight.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=3726.0 http://www.skullknight.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=3714.msg78359#msg78359

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Headless Death said:
In what price range are the primagraphs normally, and to what limitation is each print run?

I wouldn't remember the price range (except the fact that it's high), but the limitations from what I've seen vary from 100 to 200 and 300.

grendelrt said:
I got that pic somewhere on this board I thought

Ok, fine then, I was just wondering because you didn't revive the thread where it was originally.

Aazealh said:
I wouldn't remember the price range (except the fact that it's high), but the limitations from what I've seen vary from 100 to 200 and 300.

Ok, fine then, I was just wondering because you didn't revive the thread where it was originally.

Yeah if i knew which thread it was i might of, but I really was jsut using the pic as an example of paintings I had seen. I was just interested in what paintings people had in general, so far those are the only ones I have seen. I did just win a framed poster on Ebay the other day, I am pretty excited to get that ;D

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
grendelrt said:
WOW! Thats awesome man! Where did you pick it up at?

Created it myself (scanned it from the DC game artbook, then edited it with Photoshop, and finally got it printed through relations in the printing business).

More information there.

Aazealh said:
some custom made poster, printed on plastic panel (professional quality). I used a picture from the DC game artbook to make it, it's approximately 1m20 x 1m (3.9ft x 3.2ft). The picture's from the side so light wouldn't reflect too much on it.

Aazealh said:
Created it myself (scanned it from the DC game artbook, then edited it with Photoshop, and finally got it printed through relations in the printing business).

More information there.

Very cool, is it possible to have things like that made, maybe online or at a local shop like Kinkos. I remember people taking photos to kinkos and getting posters made a long time ago.

JIN

Yudanero...
:) Howdy,

Primagraphs have a limitation of 300. As far as I know they go back to the cover of Volume 22 ( though there may be more, I just havent seen any).
Like most cool things Berserk they are sold at shows in Japan for around 100 bucks I believe. You can tell the difference between a prima copy and the kind one gets from Kinko's ( for ex) after you get a good look at the primagraph.

When I have more time I'll go into detail....

Are those Primagraphs in the first picture in the first post? Or are those pictures you had put on canvas like DirectDK was saying? I would be interested in how you could make some of your own display quality posters, paintings, etc.

-Player- said:
dammit i wanted that one ;D but it was impossible since it only shipped to us... as most with the stuff i could kill for :-\ :p

does it look as good as it seems? ;)

I have yet to get the poster. The seller sent me a message asking for 20 bux shipping, which I thought was a little high, but said oh well thats what she says it is. So i paid the 20 shipping. Then a week later I get an email from the seller saying that 20 dollars wasnt enough and now it will be 30 dollars through USPS or 40 through UPS. And I told him today, hell no, you quoted 20 shipping , thats what I paid, I am not paying 30-40 for shipping on a frame when it cost me 30 bux to ship an entire exhaust system that weighed 75lbs and had 350$ insurance on it through UPS.

EDIT:
I actually just got an email from the seller saying it shipped out (cost $25). Ill post some pics when it gets here =)

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
JIN said:
Primagraphs have a limitation of 300.

Hmm, I could swear I saw pictures of some with 100 and 200 limitations, but I can't remember where the hell I put them... I'll try to search again later. I have some without any indication about a limitation of some sort though (autographed by Miura, but no numbering).

JIN said:
As far as I know they go back to the cover of Volume 22 ( though there may be more, I just havent seen any).

Well, I personally haven't seen any from before volume 22 either.

JIN said:
Like most cool things Berserk they are sold at shows in Japan for around 100 bucks I believe.

Just to precise it to people, that's not the price you'll find them for sell on Yahoo Japan auctions, it's always multiplied in the process (same for the resin kits and various other "collector" items).

JIN said:
You can tell the difference between a prima copy and the kind one gets from Kinko's ( for ex) after you get a good look at the primagraph.

There's always Miura's signature to make a difference anyway. :p

JIN said:
When I have more time I'll go into detail....

Someday... ::)

Rage Incarnate said:
Do you mayhap have a jpg of it that you could e-mail, PM or link? I don't have a scanner of that quality while I do know people who can make it a poster.

The file that was used to create my poster weighs around 475MB. I have a smaller version I found somewhere years ago, you can check it here. Otherwise if you plan to make a poster or anything else with it, I'd recommend you to buy the artbook. Not only will you have the original to work from (should be good even with a $50 scanner), you will also be supporting Miura and adding a nice item to your collection.

JIN

Yudanero...
In remembering those who fell just short of their dreams in this years  78th annual National Scripps Spelling Bee.  ;)
Procrastinate
Verb
S: (v) procrastinate, stall, drag one's feet, drag one's heels, shillyshally, dilly-dally, dillydally (postpone doing what one should be doing) "He did not want to write the letter and procrastinated for days"
S: (v) procrastinate (postpone or delay needlessly) "He procrastinated the matter until it was almost too late"

To a friend to whom I said I would reply many moons ago, I extend my sincerest apology.
grendelrt said:
Are those Primagraphs in the first picture in the first post? Or are those pictures you had put on canvas like DirectDK was saying? I would be interested in how you could make some of your own display quality posters, paintings, etc.

Nope. You can, its easy, and it will probably be cheaper than ebay.Though a few folks have asked me about those in the pic your referring to....its as Derek said basically  :). They were pics taken from the "the Berserk Illustration File" artbook. They were scanned in and printed out on a matte board and laminated( usually I just laminate a poster, but this was offered to me for free). This has its advantages (no wrinkling or bending) though I prefer the laminated look by itself (one can still roll it up to save space). Kinko's was mentioned and I had something laminated there a while ago. Though if the Kinko's/Fed Ex and self service stores like this in ones respective area are anything like the ones in mine its more of a hassle than anything else. For contracting poster work its best to go to a graphic imaging center whose trade is specifically just that, not an all-in-one do it oneself store. Want a good job done, leave it to pro's. As for ones image of choice there are the artbooks, manga poster inserts, calenders, screen shot captures from the games and anime, or even images from the TCG. There are many sources to draw inspiration from...with that being said...
Aazealh said:
Not only will you have the original to work from (should be good even with a $50 scanner), you will also be supporting Miura and adding a nice item to your collection.

Super important note there. Found something you like and want to see it continue, support those things.  :)

Aazealh said:
Someday... ::)

Hooray!  :p

Thanks for the reply, that works very well too since I just bought the Illustration File Art Book last week woo hoo!

EDIT:
-Player- said:
dammit i wanted that one ;D but it was impossible since it only shipped to us... as most with the stuff i could kill for :-\ :p

does it look as good as it seems? ;)

Well I got it last night, I am super happy with it =)

Vaxillus

The one and only severed head
Sweet, I'd love to have that hanging on my wall. Looks like it's a bit ruffled up. You might want to squish it against the glass/plastic a bit more so it looks nice and smooth.

Vaxillus said:
Sweet, I'd love to have that hanging on my wall.  Looks like it's a bit ruffled up.  You might want to squish it against the glass/plastic a bit more so it looks nice and smooth.

Yeah it is, its pushed up as much as it will go though. You can only see it up close though, so I am happy =)

Top Bottom