Episode 256

Vaxillus

The one and only severed head
scroto said:
Sweetness :D
I for one am hoping that the whole episode be dedicated to the Guts VS Serpico fight. I think however that it will get interupted by something at the ball, or the fog, or Puck talking about something. Oh well...
I just hope it's more than some Dragon Ball Z style gloating (and those gasps where every single character, living, dead, no matter how minor, gasps) and a few pillars getting cut in half, though as long as Miura keeps up with his usual standard, I doubt I'll be disapointed. It would be nice to see it resolved by the end of the episode, whether or not that ends in a deathm

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Vaxillus said:
I just hope it's more than some Dragon Ball Z style gloating (and those gasps where every single character, living, dead, no matter how minor, gasps) and a few pillars getting cut in half...
Has Miura dissapointed us with fights in the past?

This is supposed to be the last chapter of vol 29. I don't think there battle will go past this chapter. I think the war will start. Or at least the Kushans will launch their attack and catch everyone off guard.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Miura's ended volumes in the middle of action plenty of times before (he'll do it anyway in this case, duel end or not), so I don't think that's an indicator.

Though, I don't think Guts and Serpico have 20 pages of moves to use on each other like Guts and Zodd do, but there's plenty of other story elements for Miura to cover if he wants to extend the conclusion of duel into the next chapter. STREEEEEEEEEEETCH IT OUT. =)

Vaxillus

The one and only severed head
Walter said:
Has Miura dissapointed us with fights in the past?
No, but I never pass up an apportunity to bash Dragon Ball, and affirm its inferiority to other comics.

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
Vaxillus said:
No, but I never pass up an apportunity to bash Dragon Ball, and affirm its inferiority to other comics.
You view DB/DBZ like this because of its American bastardization... It is still quite popular in Japan. ;)

Opie

The Sex Icon
I hope we get another one of Miuras awsome technical/realistic duels out of this. He's just to good at them it's a shame we only get these kind of fights here and there anymore.

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
Mmm, you're right. Guts has no technique to his fighting and Berserk takes place in a realistic world... I'm sending Miura hate mail!!

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
I'm really hoping their fight lasts longer than this next chapter, although the one-on-one battles have usually only lasted about two chapters recently. Of course, if Serpico manages to somehow bring out the Beast in Guts then it might last longer. *keeps fingers crossed* ;D

Shinryuu

Person in a Place at a Time
I'm hoping Guts will soon encounter one of the more powerful foes he has not met before... either Rakshas or Locus.

Opie

The Sex Icon
I mean the plotted out-move-by-move duels Guts used to have with other swordsmen baby, don't be hatn'.

SaiyajinNoOuji

Wereallmad said:
I was more dissapointed that when I edited the url there were no cartoon chicks getting raped.

edit: hey, didn't I used to have an avatar?
That would have been interesting.. I got up before I had to go to work and saw this so I was happy... but then I was sad =( also, thanks to who ever put this as my new Avatar ;D

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
Wereallmad said:
edit: hey, didn't I used to have an avatar?
Same thing happened with my account, my guess was that it has something to do with the update made by the admins... But then again, what do I know.

Walter...You tease... 8)

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Wereallmad said:
hey, didn't I used to have an avatar?

Fixed.

SaiyajinNoOuji said:
thanks to who ever put this as my new Avatar ;D

You're welcome.

Nomad said:
Same thing happened with my account, my guess was that it has something to do with the update made by the admins... But then again, what do I know.

Reading the thread I made about it might help, don't you think? Especially the last part.

Aazealh said:
The old avatars can be found in /avatars/old/, they kept the same names. They're easily accessible from the Profile Information menu, and you can find a list at: http://www.skullknight.net/avatars/oldavatars.html.

Anyway, on to more serious matters:

The duel goes pretty much as I had imagined, still no fog inside the building. Guts tries to prevent the Beast from coming out, and Serpico actually seems to fear that Guts would kill Farnese during one of the "Beast sessions". Most of the (plausible) stuff people speculated about happens (not being precise so you guys will discover it yourselves), and it doesn't look like Serpico enjoys himself, even though Guts is clearly disadvantaged on top of being wounded (he comments about how Guts reads his moves, and is basically a badass, as he expected). 8)

PS: Ah yeah, and the duel isn't interrupted yet.

Aazealh said:
The duel goes pretty much as I had imagined, still no fog inside the building. Most of the (plausible) stuff people speculated about happens (not being precise so you guys will discover it yourselves), and it doesn't look like Serpico enjoys himself, even though Guts is clearly disadvantaged on top of being wounded (he comments about how Guts reads his moves, and is basically a badass, as he expected). 8)

PS: Ah yeah, and the duel isn't interrupted yet.

This is very good.
Thanks Aaz

Aazealh said:
Guts tries to prevent the Beast from coming out, and Serpico actually seems to fear that Guts would kill Farnese during one of the "Beast sessions".

So, in a way Serpico also helps train Guts to control the Beast while having to fight, is that right?

That kind of stuff was hinted in some Serpico's face morph after the Beast was stopped by the Moonchild, if I recall correctly.

P.S. About the duel Serpico also looks disadvantaged by Guts' armour-as it has been always this way.
He can aim only to the face and Guts can parry with every other part of himself. Serpico's striking power doesn't equal that of Guts of course but his skill is on the par I guess.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
xechnao said:
So, in a way Serpico also helps train Guts to control the Beast while having to fight, is that right?

Well, not really, he's still trying to kill him. ;D I see what you mean but it doesn't look like Guts can actually "train" to resist it at the moment, Slan's wound and the rest make it almost impossible, and Serpico just tries to kill him, it's not a test or anything. The "in a way" would be a really twisted way.

Anyway, we learn more about Serpico's inner feelings, he's got some kind of inferiority complex apparently, and seems to appreciate Guts a lot, him who fights against his environment and forge his own path instead of being passive and just adapting himself to whatever happens (like Serpico does).

I can't give you much more details for now, but the translation of that episode sure will be interesting (well, that's kind of obvious).

xechnao said:
That kind of stuff was hinted in some Serpico's face morph after the Beast was stopped by the Moonchild, if I recall correctly.

Yeah, it definitely called for a reaction of some sort.

xechnao said:
About the duel Serpico also looks disadvantaged by Guts' armour-as it has been always this way.
He can aim only to the face and Guts can parry with every other part of himself.

Yeah, and Isidro comments about him not having his magic equipment (feather sword and wind cloak).

Aazealh said:
Well, not really, he's still trying to kill him. ;D I see what you mean but it doesn't look like Guts can actually "train" to resist it at the moment, Slan's wound and the rest make it almost impossible, and Serpico just tries to kill him, it's not a test or anything. The "in a way" would be a really twisted way.

Yeah, I meant it like if it was kind of a real situation training. Like when Guts was training with those trees falling on himself and even worse. Not training by doing a safe excercise but a situation that is far more extreme, involving more instincts possible (survival, killer, etch).
After all the beast is a nasty one since Guts seems so far not able to dominate it. So training, it could seem that must be most close possible to that desperate or nasty situation.
Serpico actually threatens to kill him and all of the most active instincts of Guts merge on the surface, bringing Guts in a situation very close to confront with the beast.

As far as Slan's wound is considered, as Skullknight said before reaching Elfhelm they have a lot to face -not that Serpico knows about the wound, but he has allready seen the fight with Makara and surely thinks that there must be some more fights to follow if they are to go on in the end -after Farnese has the time she wants at the court that is ;D .

It would be cool to see the beast merge on surface, but on the other hand seeing Guts going over there and managing to hold it back, its kinda more of a progress for Guts, a progress that he needs for going further on.

PS.

Aazealh said:
Anyway, we learn more about Serpico's inner feelings, he's got some kind of inferiority complex, and seems to appreciate Guts a lot, him who fights against his environment and forge his own path instead of being passive and just adapting himself to whatever happens (like Serpico does).

I want to be thinking that Serpico's character will gain more insight by members having considered him more of an ass or something.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
xechnao said:
Yeah, I meant it like if it was kind of a real situation training.

Hmm, I don't really agree on your wording here but that's not a big deal I guess.

xechnao said:
I want to be thinking that Serpico's character will gain more insight by members having considered him more of an ass or something.

Doubtful.

Anyway about what you said considering Guts' armor, it's funny because I was actually telling Walter a few days ago that I doubted Serpico to even be able to pierce it, and it appears that he indeed can't.

GoHF said:
PS: This was the first time for Undertaker-puck. right?

Nope, he was also there in the last episode, wondering if he should prepare one or two coffins. ;)

SaiyajinNoOuji

Good stuff! Thanks Aaz!!!! :-* :-* :-*

I somewhat agree with Xech about the whole "training" thing but I don't think its intentional. More or less, Gut's is just keeping it in check so he doesnt go ape shit and kill everyone on scene. Granted that is more then likely very obvious.

p.s. I hate being in Okinawa cause they always get the god damn Young Animal late cause the mainland has to ship it to this podunk area >:(

Top Bottom