Episode 256

Gutts doesn't become super spry physcially but mentally he thinks he has become super spry.The armor throws hate and corruption into his mind and helps him push himself to keep going along with the fact that if he simply can't fall. He feels invincible and because of the armor mind fucking him "HE KNOWS" (but really he thinks) he's invincible.

So the armor doesn't physically make him stronger or hinder the amount of pain he can feel. It simply makes him not give two shits about pain.

MB. said:
Guts doesn't become super spry physcially but mentally he thinks he has become super spry.The armor throws hate and corruption into his mind and helps him push himself to keep going along with the fact that if he simply can't fall. He feels invincible and because of the armor mind fucking him "HE KNOWS" (but really he thinks) he's invincible.

So the armor doesn't physically make him stronger or hinder the amount of pain he can feel. It simply makes him not give two shits about pain.

You know mental limitations have to do with physical limitations as I tried to explain before.
Eventually it's the same thing you are trying to distinguish. Being able to ignore pain or not feeling it should have the same effect in practice, doesn't it?
And the point of the armour or the beast it provoces is not that he feels invincible: if he felt invincible, he wouldn't even fight. He just wants to fight and fight destroying the things.  ;D

xechnao said:
You know mental limitations have to do with physical limitations as I tried to explain before.
Eventually it's the same thing you are trying to distinguish. Being able to ignore pain or not feeling it should have the same effect in practice, doesn't it?
And the point of the armour or the beast it provoces is not that he feels invincible: if he felt invincible, he wouldn't even fight. He just wants to fight and fight destroying the things.  ;D

The problem with mental is that something or someone can snap you out of it. If the Berserker Armor Physcially turned Gutts into the beast Shreike would never be able to save him and he would've murdered them all at the tree house.

So if Gutts is fighting and has that rage going and say.....he's fighting a girl who looks like Caska. Seeing his opponent's face would snap him out of it right away and he'd be very vulnerable.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
xechnao said:
Why shouldn't he wear the armour on even when noy fighting?

He wears it because otherwise the pain would be too much for him to bear, and he would have trouble traveling. I've said so already, it's in the manga. To take an analogy from SK: the armor's Od is like a flame that never burns out. When Guts is resting it burns low like some coal, and when he fights it becomes a massive fire.

xechnao said:
He was in a bad condition even at Floras. P

Whatever, it still doesn't relate to my point... Just time wasted.

xechnao said:
Skullknight talks about the same thing: the effects of the od of the armour. There are not like there are three different ods or something.

I still wasn't talking about that, so please just stop insisting. And SK was talking about the armor's negative side-effects, not its Od specifically.

xechnao said:
Nope. A piercing blade (see arrow) cuts veins but doesn't necessarily cause more hemorrhage. If you take it out of its place, it will though.

Pierce your arm with an iron nail right now, and take a picture of it not bleeding. I'm not saying blood will rush, but it'll still bleed at least a minimum. You don't really have any point here. I'll even quote Schierke for good measure: "the armor is reinforcing his broken limbs by piercing through his flesh and straining his bones".

xechnao said:
My point was that if the armour forces you to go on fighting, making you not feeling pain, a guy with broken bones moving around would cause himself more hemorrhage in the end and die sooner than having the armour safe its bones on place.

A guy without the armor wouldn't move around.

xechnao said:
However I see why you disagree with me. You think I was saying first place that the armour stops any blood loss. No, that was not my point as I explained on the post above.

But that's what you said...

xechnao said:
Yes, the armour does prevent a warrior from bleeding

xechnao said:
If that the case of domination why hasn't he been able to protect the others proceeding their way to Farnese and go on allready?

Haha, you crack me up really, how ridiculous an argument is that... Do you think that if they had decided to go to Farnese by avoiding the fighters, Serpico would have been able to hold them off while fighting Guts? They didn't go there because they watched the fight, they're actually concerned for Serpico and not for Guts, as you can see now that the translation has been posted.

xechnao said:
Because, the guy feels no pain and it seems any physiological mechanism of limiting himself.

I know all of that buddy, but having dozens of metal shards piercing your muscles and bones wouldn't be a problem to you? The exact same as if being healthy?

xechnao said:
I said I called it a scar in means of its significance- is that so importantly wrong to you? ::)

Hey, you're the one that contested what I said in the first place and had no reason to... So just drop it.

xechnao said:
Anyway about your second sentence wanna bet if its gonna have its toll or not?

Why not? Having the elves heal it or getting bandaged or whatever, a wound is a wound.

xechnao said:
How do you call this anyway?
Is there a more precise word in english you would accept? Then sorry, my mistake, I was wrong

I told you, he got hit once, then parried (deflected, if you want) an attack from Guts, and in the last scene doesn't seem to be avoiding the blow. It's ok to be wrong.

xechnao said:
Blah blah blah [...] Eventually at Wyald times Guts didn't wield DS but a seemingly more humanly acceptable two handed sword.

And?

xechnao said:
Godo when he saw him wield the DS said that accoring to him was humanly impossible-remember that Godo should have known of Guts excellent abilities.

Wow, so that's what you base your assertion on? What about the countless times people have said that Guts is inhuman? And Godot should have known what? Had he ever seen Guts fight before? There's just so much subjectivity here, it's hard to believe.

xechnao said:
We know it takes time? It's something relative

Nope.

xechnao said:
Guts was at an extreme state and this is what made it. It could have been all the years you want - snd still if it wasn't for his extreme state-that it could have take an instant- he wouldn't ever wield DS.

Wow, total bullshit. Congratulations. Seriously, let's cut that part off, if you want to go on about that just use the thread existing in Speculation Nation.

MB. said:
Guts doesn't become super spry physcially but mentally he thinks he has become super spry.

No?

MB. said:
The armor throws hate and corruption into his mind

No, the spiritual wound would allow his dark inner feelings to come out, thus letting the Beast take control, but the armor doesn't do that.

MB. said:
He feels invincible and because of the armor mind fucking him "HE KNOWS" (but really he thinks) he's invincible.

Where did you see that? Guts is aware of his condition from the first time he wears the armor. He himself comments about the armor simply "masking" his pain and fear.

I just dont seem to get that part about Armor piercing... And its indirectly prevent it from bleeding i seriously doubt so... Unless u mean internal injuries... From what i see, it was the fixing of the bone that cause Guts to bleed like Hell... Slann wound seem to contribute also...

Another thing... I feel that piercing his bones does not hinder his movement in any way... That armor literally become "part" of him during the beast transformation... The Od cause him to control that armor when and where as he like (Remeber the part where he fired the cannon without pulling the string?) Since he doesnt feel pain, he will continue to move and attack at full speed until he whole body was pierced through and his blood fully drained... And it was this pain killing effect that make him move faster than ever before, despite all the needles holding his bone back in place...

Btw to MB: Guts can still move at 100% the speed now, as long as he doesnt break any bones in the process and he can really hold back the beast...

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Smith said:
Another thing... I feel that piercing his bones does not hinder his movement in any way... That armor literally become "part" of him during the beast transformation...

It's true that the armor reacts as if it's part of his body when he entrusts himself to the Beast. I'm not saying that he won't be able to move his arm or something like that, but it has to be a bother at some point, it makes sense if you think from a strictly physical point, a muscle isn't supposed to work well if perforated. ;)

I don't care so much about this anyway, it's just that the discussion moved to absurd arguments... I'm not even sure of xechnao's point, maybe that Guts is about to die due to Serpico's superior strengh and skills?

Smith said:
Guts can still move at 100% the speed now, as long as he doesnt break any bones in the process and he can really hold back the beast...

He's holding back so that he can keep the Beast at bay, Smith, and so the armor's effect isn't as strong as it could be and he still feels like the pain from his wounds. That's why he can't fight like he normally would.

Where did you see that? Guts is aware of his condition from the first time he wears the armor. He himself comments about the armor simply "masking" his pain and fear.

Where's it say that?

Smith said:
I just dont seem to get that part about Armor piercing... And its indirectly prevent it from bleeding i seriously doubt so... Unless u mean internal injuries... From what i see, it was the fixing of the bone that cause Guts to bleed like Hell...  Slann wound seem to contribute also...

No. Imagine that the armour didn't fix the bone but had Guts moving and fighting with its bones in pieces. They would just create such an incredible mess.
On the other hand, the armour fixing the bone doesn't make Guts to bleed: it might cause blood loss while piercing him but it should retains blood in the vessels (that is if it doesn't pierce a major artery or something). Eventually, medically speaking things could be really complicated since bieng pierced in such an extended level could cause some parts of the body not receive blood at all. But I doupt Miura takes in consideration medical stuff like this. If he did, Guts or Caska should have most propably died from wound infections allready.

Smith said:
Another thing... I feel that piercing his bones does not hinder his movement in any way... That armor literally become "part" of him during the beast transformation... The Od cause him to control that armor when and where as he like (Remeber the part where he fired the cannon without pulling the string?) Since he doesnt feel pain, he will continue to move and attack at full speed until he whole body was pierced through and his blood fully drained... And it was this pain killing effect that make him move faster than ever before, despite all the needles holding his bone back in place...

Btw to MB: Guts can still move at 100% the speed now, as long as he doesnt break any bones in the process and he can really hold back the beast...

Yes

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
MB. said:
Where's it say that?

Volume 26, episode 226.

Saiki said:
Guts - What's going on with this armour

Guts - The moment I put it on, all my pains went as away

Guts - ......No, it just doesnt bother me. I don't care about it anymore. don't care, but...

Thank you to check it yourself next time. :)

xechnao said:
the armour fixing the bone doesn't make Guts to bleed: it might cause blood loss while piercing him but it should retains blood in the vessels (that is if it doesn't pierce a major artery or something). Eventually, medically speaking things could be really complicated since bieng pierced in such an extended level could cause some parts of the body not receive blood at all.

It's the self-contradicting vagueness that makes it funny. ;)

PS: What about the organs by the way? When his rib cage was "fixed" by the armor to use your own words, you can see a few "needles" coming from behind, meaning through the lung.

Aazealh said:
He wears it because otherwise the pain would be too much for him to bear, and he would have trouble traveling. I've said so already, it's in the manga. To take an analogy from SK: the armor's Od is like a flame that never burns out. When Guts is resting it burns low like some coal, and when he fights it becomes a massive fire.
I know it's in the manga, that was my point

Aazealh said:
I still wasn't talking about that, so please just stop insisting. And SK was talking about the armor's negative side-effects, not its Od specifically.

What? It's obviously the same thing: armour's effects and its Od go together -at least for now.

Aazealh said:
Pierce your arm with an iron nail right now, and take a picture of it not bleeding. I'm not saying blood will rush, but it'll still bleed at least a minimum. You don't really have any point here, I can even quote you Schierke: "the armor is reinforcing his broken limbs by piercing through his flesh and straining his bones".

Bleeding to death is something, bleeding a bit till blood stops is something different.
Yes, there is some blood loss. But this is not bleeding to death or hemorrhage.

Aazealh said:
A guy without the armor wouldn't move around.

Did I say without the armour? I said without safing his bones. If the armour didn't safe his bones, the Od would still make him move to redicilously fight till the very very end. Goy it now?

Aazealh said:
Haha, you crack me up really, how ridiculous an argument is that... Do you think that if they had decided to go to Farnese by avoiding the fighters, Serpico would have been able to hold them off while fighting Guts? They didn't go there because they watched the fight, they're actually concerned for Serpico and not for Guts, as you can see now that the translation has been posted.

No. If they were only worried for Serpico's physical health they would have tried to stop Guts allready or they would have gone away, merely allowing Serpico a reason for him to go on sparring with Guts.
Owned- ;)

Aazealh said:
Hey, you're the one that contested what I said in the first place and had no reason to... So just drop it.
Was it me or you? Ok drop it ;D

Aazealh said:
I know all of that buddy, but having dozens of metal shards piercing your muscles and bones wouldn't be a problem to you? The exact same as if being healthy?
See below as I try to explain

Aazealh said:
Why not? Having the elves heal it or getting bandaged or whatever, a wound is a wound.
Cut the crap. We were talking about the fight. Guts scar in the face could need a band aid too, that was not the point.
So will that wound have its toll in Serpico's ability in the duel or not-we'll find out in two weeks-? Honour your argument and bet on this, now if you please. 8)

Aazealh said:
I told you, he got hit once, then parried (deflected, if you want) an attack from Guts, and in the last scene doesn't seem to be avoiding the blow. It's ok to be wrong.

You crack me up, but it's ok ;D
So what the fuck does it say in the translation again? And I asked you to use one word, not a sentence.

Aazealh said:

So you would rather have Miura have Guts say for a fact: you know readers, I can wield DS because I am in the interstice or perhaps : don’t make the confusion! it’s because I am super strong -it has nothing to do with the interstice but with my mere human but hard core muscles!

Aazealh said:
Wow, so that's what you base your assertion on? What about the countless times people have said that Guts is inhuman? And Godot should have known what? Had he ever seen Guts fight before? There's just so much subjectivity here, it's hard to believe.

They have said about Guts being inhuman after he became the Black Swordsman-when did they say so before?
Godo knew the two-handed swords Guts was wielding: remember the training in the mountain? He could have suggest him DS but he didn't: instead he made clear that NO human could bear it.

Aazealh said:
Einstein has said yes, it's relative. Anyway even by the manga you seem to reason like Schierke when she couldn't accept that those escaped fate because they shouldn't, by the rules Flora taught her.

Aazealh said:
Wow, total bullshit. Congratulations. Seriously, let's cut that part off, if you want to go on about that just use the thread existing in Speculation Nation.

You are bullshiting the manga, not my own words. Mausoleum would be more appropriate to bullshit this.
Seriously now you seem to deliberatelly bullshiting this for your pride. Yoy remember RICKERT and PUCK each time they saw in Guts a monster: or perhaps is this bullshit? Isn't this a living condition for Guts?

Aazealh said:
but it has to be a bother at some point, it makes sense if you think from a strictly physical point, a muscle isn't supposed to work well if perforated.

Nope. A muscle is a nerve and many muscle fibers. A muscle is supposed to do its work (contraction) even if some fibers get cut. If the nerve is cut it is paralyzed.
And contraction speed in fast contraction muscle is one fiber-dependant. It doesn't mean that having more fibers it should physically mean that the contraction would be faster.
Less fibers mean less energy stored for more prolonged use.

Aazealh said:
It's the self-contradicting vagueness that makes it funny. ;)

PS: What about the organs by the way? When his rib cage was "fixed" by the armor to use your own words, you can see a few "needles" coming from behind, meaning through the lung.

Yes, that is funny if you consider the manga funny. What about the organs? In your case Guts would have died allready. The manga doesn't go so far.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
xechnao said:
I know it's in the manga, that was my point

Your point was that you didn't get it. I hope you do, now.

xechnao said:
What? It's obviously the same thing: armour's effects and its Od go together -at least for now.

It's not the same thing, but I'm starting to get tired of having semantic debates with you, just buy an English dictionary.

xechnao said:
Bleeding to death is something, bleeding a bit till blood stops is something different.
Yes, there is some blood loss. But this is not bleeding to death.

Whatever you say, it doesn't prevent the user from bleeding, end of the story.

xechnao said:
Did I say without the armour? I said without safing his bones.

Who cares about what you said xech? It doesn't even relate to the point, if you want to have arguments with yourself then do it elsewhere... Why must things degenerate everytime you start replying to a topic?

xechnao said:
No. If they were only worried for Serpico's physical health they would have tried to stop Guts allready or they would have gone away, merely allowing Serpico a reason for him to go on sparring with Guts.

Read what I said again, then read the episode translation again. Then maybe you'll be able to reply coherently.

xechnao said:
Owned- ;)

You're pathetic. ::)

xechnao said:
Cut the crap. We were talking about the fight. Guts scar in the face could need a band aid too, that was not the point.

Tut tut, so what, you're backing up now?

xechnao said:
So will that wound have its toll in Serpico's ability in the duel or not-we'll find out in two weeks-?

Serpico's about to eat gravel, so...

xechnao said:
So what the fuck does it say in the translation again? And I asked you to use one word, not a sentence.

It says what I'm quoting below, why? Then you see him wounded, then parrying a hit.

puella said:
I can't just dodge it forever.

Whatever you "ask" dude, I've been telling you about it enough already. If you're so narrow-minded that you can't even see your own limitations as far as employing words goes, fine.

xechnao said:
So you would rather have Miura have Guts say for a fact: you know readers, I can wield DS because I am in the interstice or perhaps : don’t make the confusion! it’s because I am super strong -it has nothing to do with the interstice but with my mere human but hard core muscles!

You can cry all you want, you're still wrong, and you're still basing yourself off nothing.

xechnao said:
They have said about Guts being inhuman after he became the Black Swordsman-when did they say so before?

Hahah, and what does that prove? I'm not even going to search for it right now, it's just pointless anyway.

xechnao said:
Godo knew the two-handed swords Guts was wielding: remember the training in the mountain? He could have suggest him DS but he didn't: instead he made clear that NO human could bear it.

Blah blah blah, Godot didn't see Guts fight, and he didn't suggest him any weapon nor armor nor anything. Anyway I told you to cut it out, so please do it.

xechnao said:
Einstein has said yes, it's relative.

Nope. That kind of blabber isn't leading you anywhere.

xechnao said:
You are bullshiting the manga, not my own words. Mausoleum would be more appropriate to bullshit this.
Seriously now you seem to deliberatelly bullshiting this for your pride. Yoy remember RICKERT and PUCK each time they saw in Guts a monster: or perhaps is this bullshit? Isn't this a living condition for Guts?

Listen, you're really dull and living in your own world where you're always right and everything is possible. However here saying something isn't enough to make it true, and cussing doesn't prove your points right either. You've apparently never had anything to say in the first place about the Serpico/Guts duel going on in 256, so you just stop posting nonsense and come back on topic now or I'll move your posts elsewhere.

xechnao said:
Nope. A muscle is a nerve and many muscle fibers. A muscle is supposed to do its work (contraction) even if some fibers get cut. If the nerve is cut it is paralyzed.
And contraction speed in fast contraction muscle is one fiber-dependant. It doesn't mean that having more fibers it should physically mean that the contraction would be faster.
Less fibers mean less energy stored for more prolonged use.

Yeah, great. Then as I said, you go and pierce your leg, then record yourself running and not bleeding.

xechnao said:
What about the organs? In your case Guts would have died allready. The manga doesn't go so far.

Haha, so you decide how far the manga goes now? Sweet. How many times should I tell you to stop double posting by the way?

Aazealh said:
Your point was that you didn't get it. I hope you do, now.
Same for you

Aazealh said:
It's not the same thing, but I'm starting to get tired of having semantic debates with you, just buy an English dictionary.

You create semnatic debates first place to use them as your arguments: and they make no sense really. It's not about a dictionary, it's about the manga.

Aazealh said:
Whatever you say, it doesn't prevent the user from bleeding, end of the story.

The point is that Guts fighting ability is not weakend because of his wounds while in the armour and still having enough blood to have his heart going-end of story. Glad you agree. ;D

Aazealh said:
Who cares about what you said xech?It doesn't even relate to the point, if you want to have arguments with yourself then do it elsewhere... Why must things degenerate everytime you start replying to a topic?[/

I was replying to your quotation of my posting. You quoted me first place, so I guess your words apply to you right now.
Furthermore you admit you are quoting my posts without even caring what I've said. Well, I don't care replying back to this nonsense. But since I know that there must be a bad boy and a good boy for the matter to settle you are free to blame me as the bad boy. Me bad.

Aazealh said:
quote]
Read what I said again, then read the episode translation again. Then maybe you'll be able to reply coherently.
I did, you were wrong, you won't accept...so let us settle that I was wrong and full of crap and pathetic and limited. End of storry.

Aazealh said:
quote]
Serpico's about to eat gravel, so...
Since you are so positive bet on it! I am betting with you that he won't eat gravel...do you accept betting on our signatures?

Aazealh said:
quote]It says what I'm quoting below, why? Then you see him wounded, then parrying a hit.

Whatever you "ask" dude, I've been telling you about it enough already. If you're so narrow-minded that you can't even see your own limitations as far as employing words goes, fine.

Enough, yes. It's tiring and stupid anyway.

Aazealh said:
You can cry all you want, you're still wrong, and you're still basing yourself off nothing.

Hahah, and what does that prove? I'm not even going to search for it right now, it's just pointless anyway.

It proves that you can not say that I am wrong : you have nothing solid to counter-argue me. I said mine interpretation was like that...you disagreed: that's fine.
But since you wanted to say I am wrong whatever you created a mess.

Aazealh said:
Blah blah blah, Godot didn't see Guts fight, and he didn't suggest him any weapon nor armor nor anything. Anyway I told you to cut it out, so please do it.
He did gave him a sword.

Aazealh said:
Listen, you're really dull and living in your own world where you're always right and everything is possible. However here saying something isn't enough to make it true, and cussing doesn't prove your points right either. You've apparently never had anything to say in the first place about the Serpico/Guts duel going on in 256, so you just stop posting nonsense and come back on topic now or I'll move your posts elsewhere.

I wasn't the only counter-arguing this to bring this proportions. You can move this to another thread, it's ok with me. Don't see it as my posts only: you should see it as your posts too.

Aazealh said:
Yeah, great. Then as I said, you go and pierce your leg, then record yourself running and not bleeding.

I repeat: if I pierce my leg with a stick and let it inside I will be able to run without further life threatening bleeding if I could bare the pain: supposingly that the stick remains in its place. If I stick it out or every time I change its place it will cause further bleeding.

Aazealh said:
Haha, so you decide how far the manga goes now? Sweet. How many times should I tell you to stop double posting by the way?

Miura has shown us allready by Berserk's atmosphere parts of the story not explained in dialogue. It happens like this in literature arts you know. Or perhaps you are like the guys that need background laughs to know when they are actually joking?
Although I understand your tendency: correct translating effort is here and this kinda influences on how you perceive the weight of various aspects of the manga.
I understand this and this makes me understand why our arguments need to be beated to nonsense here but I am not quite there.

EDIT: Ok, this is really long overhere. Let's try to put anything of value to say in speculation nation.

"Griffith No More!" said:
Guts is just better.

Yeah, well Seripico has never been some ugly mo-fo's bitch, so there.

And what's this with Seripico apostle? He'd have to sacrifice Farnese to become an apostle and it's obvious his motivation to beat Guts is in order to *protect* Farnese. Sorta pointless to kill her so he can keep her safe.

I'm betting the next chapter will have Seripico deciding that Farnese is safer with the potentially lethal Guts/beast then left to fend against the Kushnan forces.

And maybe they'll take her fiance along for the ride too...

typhon_away said:
And what's this with Serpico apostle? He'd have to sacrifice Farnese to become an apostle and it's obvious his motivation to beat Guts is in order to *protect* Farnese. Sorta pointless to kill her so he can keep her safe.

He says something of duties and adaption. I think he needs a master, not Farnese eventually. I think Serpico apostle makes sense, though I doupt we will be seeing this-at least any time soon.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
xechnao said:
let us settle that I was wrong and full of crap and pathetic and limited. End of storry.

Good, finally something sensible!

xechnao said:
Ok, this is really long overhere. Let's try to put anything of value to say in speculation nation.

Good idea, glad you're following my advice. :)

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
typhon_away said:
And what's this with Serpico apostle? He'd have to sacrifice Farnese to become an apostle and it's obvious his motivation to beat Guts is in order to *protect* Farnese. Sorta pointless to kill her so he can keep her safe.

That's a good point... if you're thinking totally one dimensionally about it. If your curious, you should read the thread(s) discussing the subject in greater detail in the the characters section.

typhon_away said:
I'm betting the next chapter will have Serpico deciding that Farnese is safer with the potentially lethal Guts/beast then left to fend against the Kushnan forces.

That's a safe bet.

typhonblue

Feminism--making the world safe for bigotry
"Griffith No More!" said:
That's a good point... if you're thinking totally one dimensionally about it. If your curious, you should read the thread(s) discussing the subject in greater detail in the the characters section.

I just finished.

I've now realized the profound error of my ways and am a complete believer in the Serpico Apostle theory.

http://www.jwcaketops.com/animals/foxes.htm

I think we can all agree that the above link is incontrovertible evidence that Serpico will sacrifice Isodoro in order to become the fox apostle and rule the world with farnese as his foxy queen.

Top Bottom