Episode 256

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
QUeeN typhonblue said:
I just finished.

I've now realized the profound error of my ways and am a complete believer in the Serpico Apostle theory.

http://www.jwcaketops.com/animals/foxes.htm

I think we can all agree that the above link is incontrovertible evidence that Serpico will sacrifice Isodoro in order to become the fox apostle and rule the world with farnese as his foxy queen.

At least you're thinking outside the box. =)

QUeeN typhonblue said:
I just finished.

I've now realized the profound error of my ways and am a complete believer in the Serpico Apostle theory.

http://www.jwcaketops.com/animals/foxes.htm

I think we can all agree that the above link is incontrovertible evidence that Serpico will sacrifice Isidro in order to become the fox apostle and rule the world with farnese as his foxy queen.

I think you are spiritually in love with Griffith No More -or at least aspire to be his spiritual queen :-X
Ooops what have I said!...  ;D

I know you have stop the heated argument but there is one point i like to point out...

xechnao said:
But I doubt Miura takes in consideration medical stuff like this. If he did, Guts or Casca should have most propably died from wound infections allready.

Yes this is what i am trying to say... Muira himself doesn't have to emphasize too much on sophisticated medical stuff... because even if he know, by explaining in detail no one would really appreciate it (This manga is not just for doctors, obviously...) So why not spent more time on other more interesting part of the story? Thus, by using basic medical reason, it is common knowledge for us that being pierced through the whole body would seriously cause bleeding... yes you are right in a sense that being pierce by a nail wouldn't caused that much bleeding... how about hundreds or even thousands of them? Don't they add up?... Let not mention that fact he was moving at high speed... Blood was rushing through his body in the fastest way possible... Wouldn't that escalate bleeding?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Smith said:
I know you have stop the heated argument but there is one point i like to point out...

You have a good point here Smith, but there is a reason to the fact that I stopped the discussion and it's because it had become abstract and off-topic without any hope of getting back on track. Replies to your post should go to other thread(s) (a new one if needed) in the proper section(s). :)

Anyway, a word about the art in this episode. I'm not sure you guys noticed, but a few scenes lack the usual care about small details (the bloodied hand of Serpico for example), and some of the characters' facial features are a bit unsettling (Schierke's nose on page 10 or Serpico's face on page 12 for example). Adding that to the absence of recruitement advertising, I think it's fairly safe to deduce that the new assistants have taken over and started working on Berserk.

Something totally different now, anybody noticed how Guts is looking like the bad guy on page 16? And at the same time Schierke and Isidro warn Serpico about how he won't be safe without the pillars. ;D

Aazealh said:
Serpico's face on page 12 for example).

Maybe that how he should look like without all his hair covering him? 8)

Anyway it make me wonder if Guts will really kill if he had the chance... Or will he stop just in time like the past duel with Griffith?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Smith said:
Anyway it make me wonder if Guts will really kill if he had the chance... Or will he stop just in time like the past duel with Griffith?

Guts has softened since the Black Swordsman days, and I don't believe him to hold such a grudge against Serpico that he would kill him as a result of this foolish duel (accidents happen though :p). I also doubt Farnese (or the kids for that matters, just check their reactions in this episode) to approve of Serpico's death at the hands of Guts, even given the circumstances, and he knows it.

Lastly let's not forget that Serpico has had quite a lot of character development, to the point that it would be a waste for Miura to have him killed right now (as someone said earlier in the thread). Or that Guts is the hero and that he's simply too cool to merely slay him. ;D

SlimJ87D

Apollo
PWND.jpg

Well Guts is unpredictable like usual. But After seeing what Serprico can do, I have much respect for him.

Hehehehehe......PWNED.....

Below is just my photoshop'd insight of what I think might happen next. In my opinion I think Guts will spare Serpico's life in a sense without any intervention(ie: kushan, new band of hawks) except maybe the intervention of Farnese. I think the duel between the two would be like the duel between Guts and Griffith in the hawks days. When Guts wanted to leave the band of the hawk for good, he challenged Griffith, beat him, and spared his life. I think Guts will in a split second reminesce his duel in the past and spare Serpico.

insight.jpg

Then again, i think of it as a double-edged sword. Seems the beast wants to come out and play, and Guts is tired of all the bullsh*t. Also seems Guts is about to swat Serpico like a fly with his DS on the last page. :-X

roberto999

The Black Chick of Darkness
It seems...but in the "Gorin no sho" (quoted in the translation of the episode) there is a tecnique called "letting go of the hilt" and Myamoto Musashi the author of the book killed his first man letting drop the sword that he had in hand...so you could be right that Serpico will let drop his sword in the next issue... to kill Guts.

puella said:
Page 18

Serpico: ...This is
What I've been waiting for!!

** NOTE: The original Japanese line says "suppress the pillow (枕をおさえる)". It's a good strategy from the book "Gorinsho (五輪書)" written by Miyamoto Musashi (宮本武蔵). The strategy means "be aware of the action of the opponent and take the initiative" and Serpico seems to take it as "annihilate the moment of the attack of the opponent and block him completely".

I didn't translate it literally not to confuse people.

roberto999

xechnao said:
Kinda with a jiu-jitsu or an aikido move?
In his very first fight Myamoto Musashi then aged of 12, faced a famous swordman He (Musashi) was armed with a sword and a stick. When the fight began Musashi did let drop his sword. His adversary was confused by that ( he did not knew if Mushasi wanted to surrender or what and it would be shameful for him to kill one that was litlle more than a kid and that was swordless) Musashi did take advantage of his esitation and he grabbed him, tossed him on the ground and finished him with( several) blows of his stick

puella

Berserk forever
roberto999 said:
It seems...but in the "Gorin no sho" (quoted in the translation of the episode) there is a tecnique called "letting go of the hilt" and Myamoto Musashi the author of the book killed his first man letting drop the sword that he had in hand...so you could be right that Serpico will let drop his sword in the next issue... to kill Guts.

Well, why "Gorin no sho"? It's known like that there? It's just "Gorinsho" and "no" isn't needed.

roberto999

puella said:
Well, why "Gorin no sho"? It's known like that there? It's just "Gorinsho" and "no" isn't needed.
Yes "the book of five rings" - I have always seen it written "Gorin no sho" in the translations here in Italy

roberto999 said:
In his very first fight Myamoto Musashi then aged of 12, faced a famous swordman He (Musashi) was armed with  a sword and a stick. When the fight began Musashi did let drop his sword. His adversary was confused by that  ( he did not knew if Mushasi wanted to surrender or what and it would be shameful for him to kill one that was litlle more than a kid and that was swordless) Musashi did take advantage of his esitation and he grabbed him, tossed him on the ground and finished him with( several) strokes of his stick

Do you think Guts will ever be wrestled by Serpico now? Guts fans will throw their manga to the toilet. Even if Guts was wrestled by Griffith when they were much younger.

roberto999

xechnao said:
Do you think Guts will ever be wrestled by Serpico now? Guts fans will throw their manga to the toilet. Even if Guts was wrestled by Griffith when they were much younger.
Of course it did escape to you that I was hinting at a possible strategy of Serpico, not that he would literally wrestle Guts.

roberto999 said:
Of course it did escape to you that I was hinting at a possible strategy of Serpico, not that he would literally wrestle Guts.

Yes but your strategy hints to a strategic "body" usage. How could ever Serpico use his body to overwhelm Guts'?
Serpico seems way too thin if you ask me: not competent enough about it.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Serpico transmogrifying into Miyamoto Musashi I think would be a good stradegy for the stradgegy of victory. It would surely surprise Guts, and then Miyamoto Serpico could I think used the swallow cut technique that he learned fighting from Sasaki Kojiro.

roberto999

xechnao said:
Yes but your strategy hints to a strategic "body" usage.
Not at all . For example if there were no more pillars behind whom Serpico could hide it could be "letting go of the hilt" because Guts could think Serpico defendless...instead it could be just then that Serpico could launch the attack that he had in mind

hanafubuku

The deal with Magnifico worked out afterall
"Griffith No More!" said:
Guts is just better.

Overall, yes (Guts is better then Serpico), and also for the fight in 256, yes.

As for speculation of Serpico killing Guts... not happening based on the quote above and more so cause Guts is the main character and this story isn't ending anytime soon (or is it??? nvm - dont answer that).

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
"Griffith No More!" said:
Serpico transmogrifying into Miyamoto Musashi I think would be a good stradegy for the stradgegy of victory. It would surely surprise Guts, and then Miyamoto Serpico could I think used the swallow cut technique that he learned fighting from Sasaki Kojiro.
I love you :-*

But Xech, I would just take it as Serpico has something up his sleave. Lets not get into a huge debate over this. :D

Judo

Midlands finest
Well, it was rather clear to begin with that Serpico would somehow lose this duel... but I expected at least that he could apply a bit more danger to Guts.

In their former duels Guts was at least surprised by Serpicos tactics, but now he seems to read all of them. I liked the Idea that Serpico is at least a better tactician than Guts, but our Berserk-buddy now seems to be the ultimate asskicker in all areas.
Poor Serpico... he is totally outmatched. If the duel ends this clear, I'm a bit disappointed.

The more I see Serpico fight, the more I want him to duel with Silat. *sigh*

Judo said:
In their former duels Guts was at least surprised by Serpicos tactics, but now he seems to read all of them. I liked the Idea that Serpico is at least a better tactician than Guts, but our Berserk-buddy now seems to be the ultimate asskicker in all areas.

Well, Guts has shown his tactical potential before (e.g. his fights against Zodd or Wyald). I don't think he was stunned by Serpicos maneuvers, but more like,
"Not bad, finally a human I can't just slaughter away with one blow."

Nevertheless, I wonder how Serpico will dodge the flyswatter.
(Argh, can't wait for the next episode)

Azn He-Man666

Was it you who killed my companions,one after one?
Judo said:
Poor Serpico... he is totally outmatched. If the duel ends this clear, I'm a bit disappointed.
Not so, he still has his agility... though it hasn't been doing him much good.

roberto999 said:
it could be just then that Serpico could launch the attack that he had in mind

Hmmm... You meant like kind of like backstab? That was not very hourable at all... A sly trick in fact if u ask me...

Really like a fox ;D

Top Bottom