Episode 256

hanafubuku

The deal with Magnifico worked out afterall
Judo said:
In their former duels Guts was at least surprised by Serpicos tactics, but now he seems to read all of them. I liked the Idea that Serpico is at least a better tactician than Guts, but our Berserk-buddy now seems to be the ultimate asskicker in all areas.

After that first fight with Serp, and also so battles along side him - it makes sense that most his moves are now read by Guts, also because Guts acknowledges that Serpico has skill he is also better prepared to face Serpico then someone who would underestimate Serp

As for backstabbing Guts... doesn't really feel possible - not based on any hard evidence, just a conclusion that came up after seeing him dodge and fight a lot of mean enemies in a way that makes it feel like instead of just 1 eye, he has both eyes in front and in back.

puella

Berserk forever
roberto999 said:
Yes "the book of five rings" - I have always seen it written "Gorin no sho" in the translations here in Italy

The original book by Miyamoto Musashi is "Gorinsho" and "Gorin no sho" is some commentary book or explanation/illustration book by other authors. There are several kinds of "Gorin no sho". But they're not the original. At least it is like that in Japan and Asian countries.

This is original. Gorinsho:

gorinshyo.jpg
443gorin.jpg

These are unoriginal. Gorin no sho:

4569625584.jpg
4062737442.09.MZZZZZZZ.jpg

** "Gorin" means earth, water, fire, wind, sky in the book which consists of five volumes (地之卷, 水之卷, 火之卷, 風之卷, 空之卷).

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Judo said:
In their former duels Guts was at least surprised by Serpicos tactics, but now he seems to read all of them. I liked the Idea that Serpico is at least a better tactician than Guts, but our Berserk-buddy now seems to be the ultimate asskicker in all areas.

Guts was surprised because he didn't know that Serpico was more than a better-than-average fighter with good speed, he underestimated him. He was also in a hurry on the cliff, but still got Serpico out of his way relatively easily.

Guts has shown tactical abilities in all of his fights against apostles or almost, he really wouldn't have any reason to be envious of Serpico on that matter. So yeah, he was surprised once because he didn't expect him to be a clever and tricky opponent, but that's it. Now Serpico even has some pyschological pressure playing against him.

Un_Colombiano said:
by the way, is there any translation yet for epi 256?

How about you check the Translation Section?

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
puella said:
The original book by Miyamoto Musashi is "Gorinsho" and "Gorin no sho" is some commentary book or explanation/illustration book by other authors. There are several kinds of "Gorin no sho". But they're not the original.

This is original. Gorinsho:

http://www.matsusho.com/musashi/image/gorinshyo.jpg

These are unoriginal. Gorin no sho:

http://bookweb.kinokuniya.co.jp/imgdata/4569625584.jpg http://images-jp.amazon.com/images/P/4062737442.09.MZZZZZZZ.jpg

** "Gorin" means earth, water, fire, wind, sky in the book which consists of five volumes (地之卷, 水之卷, 火之卷, 風之卷, 空之卷).

Well... its supposed to be Go rin no sho... Book of the 5 rings.... but yea anyways.... ;D "Gorin" doesnt actually mean the elements.... just making that clear to some other peopele. :-*

puella

Berserk forever
SaiyajinNoOuji said:
Well... its supposed to be Go rin no sho... Book of the 5 rings.... but yea anyways.... ;D "Gorin" doesnt actually mean the elements.... just making that clear to some other peopele. :-*

Ask your GF what is written in the image(Gorinsho). After that tell it again to me.

Yeah, the original kanji "Gorin" means five wheels and could be translated into five rings. But what I said is the meaning relating to the content of the book.
I don't know why/how it got to be known as Gorin no sho there (in the Western World) but I just wanted to say about the original.

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
puella said:
Ask your GF what is written in the image(Gorinsho). After that tell it again to me.

Yeah, the original kanji "Gorin" means five wheels and could be translated into five rings. But what I said is the meaning relating to the content of the book.
I don't know why/how it got to be known as Gorin no sho there (in the Western World) but I just wanted to say about the original.
I did but she said once again that she didn't understand the rin part as they are old kanji... She did say that obviously, the Go part means the 5 parts but that Gorin did not literly translate earth,fire,wind,water,sky.

Judo

Midlands finest
Aazealh said:
Guts was surprised because he didn't know that Serpico was more than a better-than-average fighter with good speed, he underestimated him. He was also in a hurry on the cliff, but still got Serpico out of his way relatively easily.
Guts has shown tactical abilities in all of his fights against apostles or almost, he really wouldn't have any reason to be envious of Serpico on that matter. So yeah, he was surprised once because he didn't expect him to be a clever and tricky opponent, but that's it. Now Serpico even has some pyschological pressure playing against him.

Well, I know that Guts is an allrounder and not just a blunt slugger.
But for example when Serpico took one of Guts' throwing bombs at the fight on the cliff... I've never seen Guts revaluate a situation this quick.
Or maybe it was just my stereotypical thinking that Serpico should have more savvy for he is the gaunt and silent type of guy.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Judo said:
But for example when Serpico took one of Guts' throwing bombs at the fight on the cliff... I've never seen Guts revaluate a situation this quick.
As Aazealh said befor eme, Guts really wasn't in the mood to fuck around. Casca was just beyond his reach. Similaly, Guts isn't fucking around now either.

Maybe I missed your point? Your use of revaluate was unclear to me.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Judo said:

Well, being able to catch a bomb suddenly thrown at you is more a matter of reflexes than anything else. However, reusing it against Guts was a cunning manoeuvre.

Now if you want to speak about Guts reacting quickly to a situation, we have a ton of examples... So many that it's hard to remember one clearly, but they exist. Think of him using a sword in the snow to stab Zodd on the Hill of Swords, or his use of his mouth to block various attacks (from Griffith's sword to the tools of Mozgus' disciples). Even using his sword as a pole when he fought members of the Bakiraka on his way to Albion, or all the times he lured his opponents with his surprising way of action... Serpico himself comments about the unpredictable nature of Guts.

Azn He-Man666

Was it you who killed my companions,one after one?
Aazealh said:
or his use of his mouth to block various attacks (from Griffith's sword to the tools of Mozgus' disciples).
And another from the same fight with Griffith when he was 15(which he's surely gotten better since) was when he thrust his sword into the ground and threw all the dirt in Griffith's face.

hanafubuku

Wah wah wah said:
And another from the same fight with Griffith when he was 15(which he's surely gotten better since) was when he thrust his sword into the ground and threw all the dirt in Griffith's face.

I think that is what Aazealh meant when he cited Griffith's sword after describing the mouth tech. - unless there was another fight between the two where Guts used his mouth again... but I only remember that one time before Guts joined the Band

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
hanafubuku said:
I think that is what Aazealh meant when he cited Griffith's sword after describing the mouth tech.

I said that Guts blocked Griffith's sword with his mouth, and Wah Wah Wah referred to a trick he used before that, during the same fight (i.e. throwing dirt and grass in Griffith's face).

Anyway we'd need to dedicate a whole thread to Guts' tricks and tactics if we were to summarize them all...

hanafubuku

OOPS, yah - ur right ^_^;

Guts sure has a large bag of tricks - goes to show you how quickly he thinks on his feet and the level of determination he has in accomplishing what he sets out to do.

Top Bottom