New feature: Thread ratings

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Hey guys, Walter and I were thinking about involving the members more into the daily life of the board, so we happened to install a new feature that will allow you to rate threads, from 0 for real crap to 5 for a great topic.

The boards in which you can rate threads are: Shootin' the Breeze (currently called "The Nursery"), Creation Station, Manga Mausoleum, Character Cove, Speculation Nation, and Berserk Miscellaneous.

Each member can only vote once for each thread, so be careful when rating and consider your actions. I should add though that you can modify your unique vote at anytime. If you see a really bad thread and rate it 0 for example, then notice an improvement in the replies a few days later, you can change your previous vote to 3 or whatever you see fit.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Headless Death said:
Quite an interesting feature. Will there be a way to see how many people are represented by the rating?
Naah. Im working on making it more detailed though. But stats won't be part of that. Hell, I wouldnt even know how to cull data like that. Well... maybe. But don't get your hopes up.

Update: Not going to happen, i'm afraid :-\ But I have something cool planned. Hopefully It'll work out.

Vaxillus

The one and only severed head
This sounds really cool.  Can't wait to slap a zero on some of the useless threads in the nursery.

Edit: It doesn't show up in the Nursery. Also, for those who can't find it, it's an extra bar under the top line with a small drop down scroll box (not sure what to call it) and a 'GO!' button nest to it. The bar gets the rating in it after someone's voted, but since it's new, it may be hard to find on threads that have not yet been rated.

ah thats a unique feature... the only more unique ive seen on a forum is a possibilty to "thank" people who helps you... but thats another story...

but what is the real purpose with this? just statistic? ^^

wow there have been some really great changes to the site in the past couple of weeks. i haven't been on in a while,(my monitor broke) so the new changes are really cool. great work guys ;D

Top Bottom