Proj's colors

Latest project...
69c2dfbf.jpg

Still not done, I'm tryin to step it up a bit and really concentrate on improving my colorations overall by just taking more time with everything and trying to do some things differently...i should be done sometime this week if all goes well.
http://www.lithrael.com/ig/displayimage.php?album=18&pos=0

Still alive....started this awhile ago, but alas many things have troubled me so far...the tigers, to me, look like clones....should i keep them the way they are?   And the orange color the Daka are 'supposed' to be looks to similiar to the tigers!!!!! Help me Sk...you're my only hope.
EDIT: Took me some time but I think i nailed the Daka's color....
17copydaka.jpg

my reference:
Daka-Pishacha.jpg

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Nice, Proj! I think the Daka are a darker orange than the tigers should be. I think the tigers look great so far and I like the red glow of the eyes. Can't wait to see the finished piece. :serpico:

CnC

Ad Oculos
I'm likin' it so far. I noticed you're putting some desaturation (or atmospheric perspective) on the daka in the back. However the tigers they're riding are the same intensity in color.
You might want to carry the same level of desaturation over to those tigers as well.

Keep it up. You must finish in 5 hours!!
...or not.

Ah u noticed....a sad story about the tigers in the backround when i was workin on this, i saved it once as a jpeg to post here.....then my comp frooze and i had to restart!!!!!! So i only had it saved as a Jpeg.... ill try to see what i can do.....come to think of it, wtf can i do to fix it anyway?

CnC

Ad Oculos
well, if its all flat (I'm hoping the daka are on another layer), the quickest way to fix the problem (IMO) is to copy the layer with all the tigers on it and desaturate (using hue/saturation) that copied layer. keep your eye on the back tigers and get them to a saturation you like.
Then erase out (using a mask or just the eraser) the tigers in front from that copied layer. Now you should have the depth you were looking for. Done.

In the event that the daka are also on the same layer, its not hard to erase them from the desaturated layer, either.

Then I'd probably merge the desaturated tigers layer to the saturated tigers layer to keep things simple. This is up to you but I find the less layers I have to deal with the faster i can get these things done.

Let this be a lesson to save your psd's often (before you do anything major, at the very least).

Wow I probably spend an hour absorbing all the colored pics that I have missed out on and I must say, I'm impressed! Keep up the good fucking work! :isidro:

That's some really excellent coloring Proj, I've been practicing, but I have a long ways to go before even close to that level. :isidro:

- C

CnC

Ad Oculos
I like that you cropped it.

Its looking good, I'm glad you got some haze over the back tigers.
Theres a little too much grey, IMO. But other than that, looks good.
Did I mention I like the tigers :guts:

Top Bottom