Proj's colors

CnC

Ad Oculos
great work there, proj.

I love the armor.
I'd diffuse his skin a tad so he's less "shiny". But other than that, great job

Vaxillus

The one and only severed head
Pretty awesome, and just when I thought I'd have a chance to catch up. I kinda like the shiny skin. Maybe just a bit less on the face.

As for Rakshas, he really doesn't require color. Maybe in a battle scene though.

Handsome...I promise I'll do a Rakshas soon! As for the shiny skin...yea for some reason when i was doing it i just thought Zodd (or Zod as Aaz would say :carcus:), should just be lookin a lil shiny in that pic. I guess it was just an interpretation. I'm workin on Casca and the moonchild at the moment, then going to finish one of my older projects before a certain admin boots me. :isidro:
Later Skull Knighters!

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Not bad, Proj, looks okay to me. :serpico: Your new avatar is pretty slick, too (although a tad wide, but whatever).

Lithrael

Remember, always hold your apple tight
[quote author=Rhombaad]
Your new avatar is pretty slick, too (although a tad wide, but whatever).
[/quote]

Isidro will save us from the evil sunbaby!

Cute moonchild too.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Nice choice for the scene Proj, simple but effective. However you can't keep an avatar that wide, sorry.

CnC

Ad Oculos
Proj2501 said:
Casca and moon child....i feel eh about it...

I like it. Perhaps the reason you feel "eh" about it are twofold. I think the blue cloth is _very_ saturated given the scene depicted (even bright moonlight wouldnt let stuff glow like that). Secondly is that its too uniformly lit. Thats not to say that shadows and such arent indicated, just that the shadows arent dark enough given, once again, the scene depicted. So I think youll like it a bit more with darker shadows. Perhaps to sell the moonlight you can give it a cooler color cast.

That said, I like the skin tones, and your technical ability has increased a hundred fold since you started. Great work. Keep at it.

CnC said:
I like it.  Perhaps the reason you feel "eh" about it are twofold.  I think the blue cloth is _very_ saturated given the scene depicted (even bright moonlight wouldnt let stuff glow like that).  Secondly is that its too uniformly lit.  Thats not to say that shadows and such arent indicated, just that the shadows arent dark enough given, once again, the scene depicted.  So I think youll like it a bit more with darker shadows.  Perhaps to sell the moonlight you can give it a cooler color cast.

That said, I like the skin tones, and your technical ability has increased a hundred fold since you started.  Great work.   Keep  at it.

Thanx for the critique. I was wondering....can u possibly show me what u mean...not to be a pain in the ass. If you could I'd appreciate it. Only because I'm really tryin to improve.....so i'd be appreciated!!! thanx

CnC

Ad Oculos
Proj2501 said:
Only because I'm really tryin to improve.....so i'd be appreciated!!! thanx

Your contributions are always appreciated, not to mention they look cool! :badbone:

This is a rough idea of what I'm getting at (really rough).
1st frame is your pic
2nd frame is pic with alittle less blue and some shadows
3rd frame is just a possible lighting solution (perhaps to show moonlight), however this is just for shits and giggles, what you have in lighting is pretty good already.

proj_crit_casca.gif

Very cool and insightful. Thank u CnC!!! I see what u were saying perfectly kno. I'm a visual learner!!!! Now that I've sat in front of this GIF for a few minutes...it's soaked into my brain about too much blue. You're a good man CnCharlie Brown...

P.S. I just LOVE this new avatar...  :puck:

One more thing!
...Since I hail from a cave in the mountains...I tried to copy and paste some Kanji text into this box and it wouldnt let me...WHY!!?!?!?!?!

CnC said:
Your contributions are always appreciated, not to mention they look cool! :badbone:

This is a rough idea of what I'm getting at (really rough).
1st frame is your pic
2nd frame is pic with alittle less blue and some shadows
3rd frame is just a possible lighting solution (perhaps to show moonlight), however this is just for shits and giggles, what you have in lighting is pretty good already.

Now that is Just fan-Freakin-Tastic!

Hey all! This lil piece is 3/4 done. Lately I've been trying new techniques and currently theres maybe 4 pieces im workin on at a time. Therein lies my problem. Well here's a lil tid bit of things to come and hopefully they get better!
Skully_beach.jpg

DONE

Lithrael

Remember, always hold your apple tight
Yarr! What a beauty she be! Damn, Proj, this is already gorgeous, it's gonna be knockout.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Looks really good, Proj! Can't wait to see the others that you're working on (the suspense is building...:serpico:).

CnC

Ad Oculos
Doh, how could I have missed this? :serpico:

It looks good, proj! I can't wait to see it completed. Only thing I can say is perhaps put some reflections/ sharper highlights in the water. But thats pretty minor

Good work.

Nice, I can't really crit on most colorings, since I'm a noob at colors , but
I really like how the glow of skullknight's eyes show's on the edges of his eye sockets, and the water of course.

I like it :puck:

IsolatioN

Last Soldier Standing
oh, cool :guts: well it came out very nice!

Also loving the new panel. My only comment with the new one is that the blue (water? I dunno, not that far in the manga) looks a bit plain, but everything else looks great :)

Top Bottom