Proj's colors

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Great looking stuff, as usual. The panel with Serpico confronting Daiba was probably my favorite one from Episode 273, so nice choice there. :serpico:

Vaxillus

The one and only severed head
The new coloration looks great. The lighting is definately imperfect, but it would be extremely hard to do it right. Everything should be lit from below by the fire with just a bit of moonlight coming from above. Just being nitpicky, I'll shut up.

CnC

Ad Oculos
Good work on that new panel, Proj.

But throw some highlights in there man! Draw my eyes to Serpico. You've got all sorts of source to choose from. Fire and a magical snake/water creature. Perfect chance to throw some blue on Daiba and some red/yellow on Serpico. But thats just one option. It just needs a stronger focal point.

Cheers.

Just out of curiosity: Does it still need a strong focal point, when coloring a full page with consecutive panels, in your opinion?

CnC

Ad Oculos
Chung said:
Just out of curiosity: Does it still need a strong focal point, when coloring a full page with consecutive panels, in your opinion?

When coloring a page the "focal point" is the story. So when coloring you're keeping storytelling in mind and coloring appropriately. Obviously, in each panel theres usually a subject or action that is being highlighted, but overall the story is what matters.
It gets more complicated, but thats basically it.

beastcopy.jpg

FULL RES
http://vs02.justedge.net/~afn20039/ig/displayimage.php?pid=335&fullsize=1
New Stuff

CnC

Ad Oculos
damn nice job, proj.
There really isn't much to crit here. Technically, you need to watch the blood coloring a bit. Changing the black lines to red was good, however if the blood is in an area of shadow it shouldn't be illuminated (unless makara blood glows).

There really isn't much else. I really like the illumination on the fin of the makara. Thats really good to show texture. I also really like the variance of color on the amor and elsewhere. I really makes things pop out.

Why'd you pick the green for the sfx? nothing technically wrong with it but it sticks out perhaps a bit too much. But, really, thats minor

Vaxillus

The one and only severed head
I pretty much agree with what CnC said, though I'd like to add a few things. I think the unlined area around Guts (in the left) could use a bit more action. I'd say either darken it or even lighten it to make it look like there's thick fog or smoke. Also, I think the fleshy tone in the upper right is a bit too light. This could be my laptop screen though. I do want to strongly second the remark about the green SFX, I think that's a bit funky. I think even the blue looks a little too saturated. I think the orange you used in the back would have been better suited.

The above is a bit exagerated and excessive, but I can'tlet you off with a perfect score too easily, can I? :guts:

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
Looks great! CnC got everything down in there. I'd still like to see the white sfx, though :badbone:

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Another great coloring! I for one like the look of the green sound-effects, but each to his/her own. :beast:

CnC

Ad Oculos
nice job proj,

make sure Guts skin color is in there. its pale atm. But I'm sure you've seen that (as you said its not 100% yet)

there seems to be some color spill into the text bubbles. thats a no-no. I'd also up the intensity of the lightning to match the sfx. The look a bit weak, imo.

Also watch you edges. there's some spill in parts (like serp's ear and the ridges on Guts' armor)

Other than that its a good lookin' panel. maybe lighten the black lines on the fog so it looks a bit more like fog? thats more of a what-if than an actual crit. It might help the character pop out more.

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...
CnC said:
make sure Guts skin color is in there.  its pale atm.  But I'm sure you've seen that (as you said its not 100% yet)
The skin color doesn't fully agree with me either but I'm thinking Guts should be looking semi-chared at this point. (from what I remember reading in the translation)

SerpicoGutscopy.jpg

OK...first off, it still wasn't 100% done, from now on i won't post till its 100%, jus wanted to get some suggestions/critiques, on what was done so far.
CNC, most everything u said I had in mind, one thing u said I didnt think about doing was uping the effects of the bolts surrounding Serpico and Guts, it went from like 65% opacity, this is at 100%. Looking back I think u were right about the fog. Cheers.
Well this puppy's done. :guts:
P.S. I'm attempting the 2 page spread of ep. 274. I had alot of it done till my idiot friend turned off my comp by accident. Anyways I've started it again. :carcus:

CnC

Ad Oculos
Proj2501 said:
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y112/Proj2501/SerpicoGutscopy.jpg
OK...first off, it still wasn't 100% done, from now on i won't post till its 100%, jus wanted to get some suggestions/critiques, on what was done so far.

Unless you preface what you're still working on crit on what I see. Anyways its lookin' nice. Any crits at this point would be really a question of aesthetics, and thus minor.

Proj2501 said:
P.S. I'm attempting the 2 page spread of ep. 274. I had alot of it done till my idiot friend turned off my comp by accident. Anyways I've started it again. :carcus:

hehe, it just happened to me this weekend as I was finishing up the last few pages of the book I was workin' on. The power went out and I lost a shit-load of work. All you can do is keep going and save often, I guess.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
CnC said:
The power went out and I lost a shit-load of work. All you can do is keep going and save often, I guess.

Buy an UPS (Uninterruptible Power Supply). :guts:

These things are a blessing when you work on a computer.

CnC

Ad Oculos
Aazealh said:
Buy an UPS (Uninterruptible Power Supply). :guts:

These things are a blessing when you work on a computer.

OT: I know. Hindsight and all that. after I get the check for this book thats what I'm getting.

CnC

Ad Oculos
damn nice work, proj.

damn nice...

There ain't much to crit. Perhaps add some shadows to the points where the light of the baby can't hit, like the back side of her left arm and under the leg (her feet).
But other than that, I love it

Top Bottom