Proj's colors

freaking awesome! That is some good coloring right there, thats a keeper
What's next? The recent God Hand appearance drawings? :rakshas:

BLue.jpg

Inspired by: http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/5271/306024025color.jpg by Lithrael

It could stand some fine tuning. Tom tho, I'm beat.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
It looks great, Proj! The main color looks similar to the dragon from episode 306 that you most recently colored. Is that a coincidence?

Baaaaaaw, you really made it look crystallike, it's really popping out. It really can't be that easy coloring around so many intricate pen lines, especially while preserving them you know? But as someone that really hates coloring, I say bravo to you again, and hats off! :chomp: These are amazingly done.

you dont have to color around the lines, just set the line layer to multiply , and paint, no risc of losing the lineart this way
colourings look good btw :beast:

cryo said:
you dont have to color around the lines, just set the line layer to multiply , and paint, no risc of losing the lineart this way
Sort of, but not exactly.
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y112/Proj2501/Layers.jpg

cryo said:
colourings look good btw :beast:
Thank you. :serpico:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Great work! I especially like the one from 306. Though that Grunbeld one was sure a long time in coming! :badbone:

Great stuff. Can't wait to see more of your work. :)

I imagined the dragon on the castle to be red. Do you think we could see a variation? ^^

Eeeee, coloring this was quite the project. All of those layers... that's a lot of patience for quality! Really, it's no wonder it came out so awesome. I can't say enough about how impressed I am with your stuff though, Proj! But anymore gushing and I'd just be inflating your ego I guess XD I'm looking forward to anymore coming from you, bwuahaha. :serpico:

Great coloring, I'm really likeing the glow - you've got a good handle on the lighting here affecting other objects.

Also, hah! Poor Schierke, especially in light of the translation about this scene - I hope she kept those 'innkeeper's daughter's' clothes she got from back when they were in the city! Something tells me that having a change of clothes on hand might save her a lot of grief from a certain nearby monkey. :isidro:

Lithrael

Remember, always hold your apple tight
Great minds, you know. :slan: And gorgeous work! Love the soft, almost glowing light you do so well. How do you get that effect, anyway? I can only get something like it by luck with a soft brush on low opacity scribbled like hell (or an actual glow effect on a lightly sketched layer, heh) and it doesn't look like that's what you do at all.

Lithrael said:
How do you get that effect, anyway?
Well, I'm not sure what you mean exactly. I'll try to answer anyways.

1) I went and erased the ugly glow that surrounded the staff and dagger. I feel comfortable erasing the glow because I never see these 'artificial glows' in the official paintings or card game paintings-recolors.

2) I then colored the staff

I'll post a mini-tutorial to show I do things. It'll be easier to explain.

Lithrael

Remember, always hold your apple tight
Proj2501 said:
I'll post a mini-tutorial to show I do things. It'll be easier to explain.

Cool! Though I really just mean the soft look of the light you usually use.

The shiny bits on the tentacle I did were just a couple taps with a hard edged brush with pressure sensitivity on both shape and opacity. :void:

Ganishka!
I started this such a long fucking time ago. I scrapped all work I did on it and began from scratch. His eyes are red right? As always I'll probably go back and tweak some things.
ganieyes.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y112/Proj2501/ganieyes.jpg
Enjoy.

Top Bottom