Proj's colors

Oburi

All praise Grail
Cool. I don't know why but the pic of the sticks all stuck into the back makes my skin crawl.

WIP

SeaGodvsGuts.jpg

Seeing this topic for the first time and man, you've got awesome stuff in here! Thanks for sharing and you've improved so much since the first few pages.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Great work! I like them both, but I have a few comments on each. I think the moonlight boy one should be quite a bit brighter, and by its nature, shouldn't darken at the edges. It's a being of light, an astral body without real definition. The light that it gives off should probably light up the surrounding area more too, since the boy served as a beacon for Guts to move around the sea god with.

As for the Guts coloring, I think the eyes have a little too much color along the edges of them. Should be pale white, with some shading but no saturation. I also think you're missing a great opportunity by not coloring the arteries running along the heart. Guts' blood probably shouldn't appear that red, given the scenario and the lack of natural lighting. Maybe something more akin to the shades around him, actually.

I colored the arteries blue actually. Had Aaz teach me Sea God biology earlier, I'm currently coloring them over. :ganishka: Have a bit of photoshop fatigue at the moment. As for Guts' blood, yea, I was thinking that too as well. I didn't want to desaturate too much too soon. Also, I sort of wanted to draw attention to it. Looking at the original, my eyes keep going back to the blood gushing from Guts.

The Moonlight Boy happened by accident. I have versions of him brighter. I'll work on 'em before posting

I checked the dates on the thread. It's been almost two years since I began and completed a Berserk color. I missed it. :judo:

Edit:
MoonlightBoy2.jpg

Kompozinaut

Sylph Sword
I really like the lighting and colors in the smoke (from a Gotham neon sign maybe?) in that Catwoman! Also, can't wait to see some Berserk show up. Keep it up!

This will be my last non-related Berserk color I'll post here. But, when I come back to Berserk, I'm kicking things up a notch. :daiba:

In anticipation for my upcoming trip to Japan, I give you Godzilla:

4ed4a1fe9415d0792f28f457224e2a75-d57ikm3.jpg

turkitage

ターク
These are really well done! I love the cat women one too.

Also, you should totally replace your current breaking bad avatar with your breaking bad drawing here.

Real life (wedding planning) and other types of nerdom (took up modeling Godzilla kits) have really gotten in the way of Berserk paint overs. I began coloring a two page spread from the latest episode a few weeks back. Which reminds me to ask: What color does everyone think the Falconia crystal wards are? Sorry, I'm a little off lately, idk their actual name. I was thinking either traditional crystal (not much color, just reflecting surroundings) or having them glow from within (like a fire inside). The first is probably more Berserk-ish. I probably have 10+ Berserk paint overs half done.

Also, anyone have experience with vinyl/resin models? I could use some tips here and there.

What I'm cheating on Berserk with. Also from Japan... In the end, I always come back to Berserk. :azan:
image_zps18c5c2dc.jpg

I love coloring. Anything.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Proj2501 said:
What color does everyone think the Falconia crystal wards are? Sorry, I'm a little off lately, idk their actual name. I was thinking either traditional crystal (not much color, just reflecting surroundings) or having them glow from within (like a fire inside).

They're called Wingstones, and I picture them as glowing from inside, and a whitish glow.

I think I agree with Aaz. They definitely appear to be glowing, most likely the same as the Tree, I imagine a similiar white or light blue/white? I know you generally show a few different colour variations on things, these crystals would be perfect for just that as we really don't know for sure.

Awesome Godzilla btw! I haven't seen anything related to him lately but was obsessed as a kid.

Top Bottom