Proj's colors

Lithrael

Remember, always hold your apple tight
Since many of the older images linked in this thread have been moved or lost, I'd like to point new visitors to

the Proj2501 Gallery

More recent pages towards the end of the thread are working fine and can be browsed with images intact.

On behalf of Proj, here's the first color job he has ready to share.

Proj2501 said:
Finally got everythign done.....so here it is.....
Gutsfight.jpg

tell me what u guys think.

And here is is at full res.

My own first comment is, next time don't save it with all that white space. ;) And I definitely like the style so far.

Last edited:
Awesome job, proj! :eek:

I cropped out the white area :D
http://img127.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img127&image=gutsfight1hn.png

You need to do the tags like this
b]img]

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
It's not working Proj2501, it's your link. Check it and try modifying the first post, the one I fixed (I put correct markups, but the picture doesn't show), posting again and again won't solve the problem.

TheSkyTraveller

Monster adventures on the high seas!
Nice job on the Guts vs. Roshine page!  Good color palette, and I really like how you handled the lighting; it really looks like Roshine's glowing.  She's supposed to be a luminous bluish-green, but I respect your artistic license.  ;)

I like the way you chose to color the Isidro page graphically, with the primary colors.  It works great as separate panels, especially the two of Isidro spinning, but the page overall doesn't harmonize as well as your Guts vs. Roshine.  The green is also a little "toxic" for my taste, slightly too bright.  Using a less saturated green would help.

But awesome work overall! Have you used Photoshop before? Keep going!

DarkBlademaster

Jesus cries when he looks at me.
Fucking awsome! There hasn't been a great colorer like litheral (except litheral) since Jon left! Keep up the nice work :).

P.S.: Whatever happened to that "project" that you and Jon were working on lith? ???

I was eyeing a picture i want to work on next or in the very near future...now for my question...what color armor do the neo-hawks wear...silver, red, dull purple,....i have no idea...ive been experimenting but can't seem to nail the color that feels right...your thoughts?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Metal Soldier said:
I would expect most of them to wear a silver or grey armor, but I could be wrong.

From the few color pictures we have, the common Neo Hawk soldier's armor is silver/grey yeah, just a natural metallic color. They've usually got some underlying clothes that could be a different color though (or no armor, the archers for example), and each of them is different so it can vary from individual to individual (see Locus' lancers, hard to say for sure as they all have a highly customized armor of some sort)...

As for the major apostles, we know their color patterns from various illustrations, you can check them here.

TwinGuards2.jpg

Puckcopy.jpg

The one on top took me twice as long as it should have...i just lost feeling for the thing halfway thro...ehhhh!
I did the one with puck fairly quick...I think it looks good without any colors in the backround....i dunno 

what do u guys think?!?

DarkBlademaster

2nd one is nice like all your other ones, first one looks nice too but a bigger picture of the 1st would make things clearer ;D

DarkBlademaster

Proj2501 said:
yea i noticed it as small too...dunno why it is tho..... ???

Well photobucket has a history of screwing up like that, I stopped using it because it reduced the resolution to one of my pictures as well a while ago, try using imagetown. Theres other sites out there, but they seem to have slipped my mind for the moment.

TheSkyTraveller

Monster adventures on the high seas!
Damien said:
Well photobucket has a history of screwing up like that, I stopped using it because it reduced the resolution to one of my pictures as well a while ago, try using imagetown. Theres other sites out there, but they seem to have slipped my mind for the moment.

It's not photobucket's fault.  It says right on the site that any image larger than 250 kb will be automatically resized.  One easy way to save a bigger image with decent resoluton but below 250kb is to use "save for web" in Photoshop.

Try that, Proj, I'd like to see the last couple bigger, too.  They look really nice.  I love how you colored the middle panel of Puck thinking hard!

http://www.lithrael.com/berserk/features/Proj2501/Twin_Guards2.jpg

Full res or the Bakiraka guards...check it out...THANX LITH!!!

Vaxillus

The one and only severed head
I really like your style. You use mostly gradients and let the original sketch do the shading. That one with Zod is simply increadible, a new benchmark for the normally abused lens flare. Your color choice on the page of Isidro is interesting though. I'm not sure if it was intentional, but like someone said you usead all the primary colors for the background. However, the primary colors you used were from the light spectrum rather than the paint spectrum, which is usually used (the green would have to be substituted for yellow, which might not work for grass). It looks sort of cool though. It certainly makes it stand out.

Well thanx for all the feedback guys...i really appreciate it. The Isidro pic was the FIRST project i worked on, so lol...hopefully as time goes on they progressively get better. PLEASE KEEP THE FEEDBACK COMING!!!! ;D

New stuff:
Berserkv26c220p078-79copy.jpg

Berserkv26c220p078-79copy2.jpg

and the link for the full res version thanx to the queen o' coloring herself, Lithrae1!!!
http://www.lithrael.com/berserk/features/Proj2501/sk_vs_ogles.jpg

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Very nice! The only thing that kinda bugged me was the brightness of the pink ground. Maybe making it more of a flesh color would be better? ???

Top Bottom