Proj's colors

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Proj2501 said:
Hey all, its been such a long time since I did a Berserk color....well here it is SK buddies...

Very nice Proj, I like it a lot. If you need pictures without added text (well, only the original Japanese text), you can ask me (by PM).

New Stuff:
berserk_260_071copy.jpg

I'm in Florida chillin' at this moment, but once i saw the new episode , I had to do it......enjoy SK! :badbone:

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...
The red in the kana seems to overpower the blood. It overpowers the gore makeing it hard to see. I s'pose some of that can also be attributed to the limited color range between red and orange though.

Is it just me or do the tigers look distinctly more goofy orange?

I looked at some pictures of real tigers prior to doin this....and as far as i can tell the orange used is pretty accurate. What do u mean by "goofy orange" Manjin? I also fooled around with dif colors for the lettering....everything else seemed off (but i do agree with u about it throwing off the blood) maybe ill see what i can do with it....thanx for the input tho....

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Proj2501 said:
I looked at some pictures of real tigers prior to doin this....and as far as i can tell the orange used is pretty accurate. What do u mean by "goofy orange" Manjin? I also fooled around with dif colors for the lettering....everything else seemed off  (but i do agree with u about it throwing off the blood) maybe ill see what i can do with it....thanx for the input tho....
I think he means that it looks goofy when it's been colored in orange, not that the color of orange you used was goofy. :beast:

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...
Rhombaad said:
I think he means that it looks goofy when it's been colored in orange, not that the color of orange you used was goofy. :beast:
Yea, its nothing you did, its just the orange brings it out more.  The tigers look kinda goofy, like stuffed animals with teeth. Crooked teeth at that.

Aeglos

If I may add a suggestion, how about making the Tiger white?

White tigers originated in Central India, and since the historical Kushan hail from Northern India... It's not THAT far away :schierke:

It would turn up a notch the blood effect, and give a more 'exotic' feel to the kittykat.

Vaxillus

The one and only severed head
I think the tiger just looks wierd 'cause the eyes are buggin' out. Great olorization, but I'd make the SFX more subtle, especially since they're 'transparent.'

Thanx for clairying! Yes, thr thought did cross my mind to make the tigers white, I didn't know white tigers hailed from India...good to know...maybe ill try a few dif things with it.... :chomp:
P.S. I even thought that these tigers may be black....your thoughs?

I actually thought that was Zodd for awhile there LOL, but nice work, and ya I agree that the tiger should be white so the blood is more vivid and not off set by the orange.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Proj2501 said:
Thanx for clairying! Yes, thr thought did cross my mind to make the tigers white, I didn't know white tigers hailed from India...good to know...maybe ill try a few dif things with it.... :chomp:
P.S. I even thought that these tigers may be black....your thoughs?

Yeah, they live in southeastern Asia and in central and southern India. White tigers are very rare though, always have been. Putting aside esthetic considerations, it's more logical for them to bear a normal fur color, it would be quite a hassle for an army to hunt white tigers specifically... Anyway, if you make their fur white, don't forget the blue eyes and brown (not black) stripes. :zodd:

As for a black color... Doesn't seem so to me, even in B&W. On a side note, your coloring isn't correct in that "normal" tigers still have a good part of their pelt that is white, especially the lower body (part of the face, neck, chest, inside of legs...). Not easy to properly render in that picture, though.

berserk_260_07white1copy.jpg

Here is the "white tiger"....it still needs a lil work, just wanted to see what we all thought about it....well g'nite skullknighters!.......

*EDIT* DONE.....

Proj2501 said:
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y112/Proj2501/berserk_260_07white1copy.jpg

Here is the "white tiger"....it still needs a lil work, just wanted to see what we all thought about it....well g'nite skullknighters!.......

*EDIT* DONE.....
yeah i think it looks a lot better actually

TheSkyTraveller

Monster adventures on the high seas!
It does look cooler white, but the tiger is still cute, through no fault of your own, Proj.  They just look insanely cute to me, I think because they're so stocky and low to the ground.   :serpico:

CnC

Ad Oculos
TheSkyTraveller said:
It does look cooler white, but the tiger is still cute, through no fault of your own, Proj. They just look insanely cute to me, I think because they're so stocky and low to the ground. :serpico:

oh, I thought you meant the cutting-in-half part was cute. I _suppose_ they're cute when they're in one piece too :schierke:

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
TheSkyTraveller said:
They just look insanely cute to me, I think because they're so stocky and low to the ground.   :serpico:
They do kinda look like the somewhat-cute monsters from that book Where the Wild Things Are.

Top Bottom