Zodd's Horn

Hmm, this is far from being important, but wtf is up with Zodd's horn. I mean it still hasn't grown back. He can reattach and possibly regenerate other body parts, but he can't get his horn back? Wtf? Did Griffith hurt him so bad that he can't regenerate/reattach his horn? Oh well, it's not like anyone's gonna have an answer. I just thought it was kinda strange.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Maybe he simply doesn't want to?
Its also a manga... Ever seen Kenshin? Not really any logic behind why other scars heal and others dont other than BS anime logic of : "great emotion behind the wound". But personally, that's good enough for me.

maximus

Es ist einsam im Nebel zu wandern...
Not really any logic behind why other scars heal and others dont other than BS anime logic of : "great emotion behind the wound". But personally, that's good enough for me.
sounds like,this could be also an explanation for guts lost eye!? :-/

maximus

usually if someone looses his eye, it isn't biologically replaced by another one (as far as i know).    ;)
Actually i am talking about Pucks ability to heal wounds! ;)

i dont think Puck has the ability to regenerate lost organs out of no where.
but, even if Puck did somehow have that ability, im not so sure Guts would accept it. to me, Guts' missing eye is almost the same as Spike's fake one; it allows him to "see" the past. Guts' missing eye could be one of the many ways he reminds himself of his hatred for Griffith and what his life is all about now: killing the one who ruined it.
maybe thats just me though.

gutsu

what?!?!
I doubt that puck can re-heal=in the first manga when there at vargas(i don`t think that`s his name but who cares?)`s place theirs elf-like things that r messed up=puck gets freaked out....

maximus

i dont think Puck has the ability to regenerate lost organs out of no where.

yeah,i don t think either that Puck can replace lost organs!but actually i was refering to the discussion about Guts eye that might still be somewhere in his head!? :-/
to me, Guts' missing eye is almost the same as Spike's fake one; it allows him to "see" the past. Guts' missing eye could be one of the many ways he reminds himself of his hatred for Griffith and what his life is all about now: killing the one who ruined it.
maybe thats just me though.
I hope that Guts would be not that dumb and would if it d be possible refuse to get a new eye!
As u already said there are many other things that remind him of his hatred!

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
I hope that Guts would be not that dumb and would if it d be possible refuse to get a new eye!
As u already said there are many other things that remind him of his hatred!
Yeah thats pretty dumb... ::)

If Guts were going to replace/fix his eye, it would have already been done.

aelka

*gasp* you know how hot I am? *no.*
You know what will be REALLLL cheesy?

If after all his struggle Gatt's eye grow back, like how Kenshin healed himself through "trymph over emotional states"...

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
You know what will be REALLLL cheesy?

If after all his struggle Gatt's eye grow back, like how Kenshin healed himself through "trymph over emotional states"...
Well, parking would be much easier.

zod_the_imortal

im am searching for the strong one
think about it when the hawk of ligth apeared himself to zodd he said he has between zodd's dream and the real world and notice that he didnt just cut off his horn but also slashed half of his face as well meaning he defeated and killed zodd in his dream but in the real world he took of zodd's horn to prove to him it wasn't just a dream ::)well thats what i think anyway

maximus

yesterday i watched an interview with George Lucas and he added that when he tried to develop a new evil character for episodeI he first tried to find out what evil symbols,signs or representants in the history of humanity exist or humans implicit fear with........

(well i guess u know who finally resultet out of this!?)

However through his studies he found out that horns can be found not always but very often in connection with evil or as trigger for fear...

So it is plain speculation but the final loose of zodds horn might show us that zodd might be on the way to give up his apostle status or change something in the direction of good will......??!! :-/

biggerthanzodd

mmm...banana
Good old George Lucas, he has probably read all of Joseph Campbell's books and he still couldn't figure out that Jar-Jar wouldn't resonate with fans.

Horns are often symbols of sexual virility and dominance. I'm not trying to say that Griffith and Zodd are having some sort of hidden passion play, but Griff certainly is displaying dominance in a very primal way with his symbolic castration of Zodd.

maximus

thats a good call...
however could parts of my theory also be true?
i mean the horn as symbol for evil...

Gorilla has a good point. Don't know if I really agree with it since God Hand never gives direct orders or anything to their apostles, but then again Griffith isn't really a member of God Hand anymore.

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
I know this is totally going to ruin the flow of conversation.... but why the hell did Zodd throw Guts his blade? I just finished watching episode 16.. and after recovering from the excitement, I just wondered why he did it, and what he meant when he said something about "Eventually the time will come.... Bearing the Demon King's vengance" at the end.... does it do this in the Manga as well? ???

maximus

but why the hell did Zodd throw Guts his blade? , I just wondered why he did it, .... does it do this in the Manga as well? ???
yes he does!however anime leaves a lot of questions open...
it is just obvious that he doesn t want guts to die at this point of the story!;
...read the manga!

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
I know this is totally going to ruin the flow of conversation.... but why the hell did Zodd throw Guts his blade? I just finished watching episode 16.. and after recovering from the excitement, I just wondered why he did it, and what he meant when he said something about "Eventually the time will come.... Bearing the Demon King's vengance" at the end.... does it do this in the Manga as well? ???
Zodd acknowledges that Guts is vital to the victory of Griffith. Zodd was just reinsuring Griffiths destiny at the side of God Hand by helping Guts win the fight.

Top Bottom