Teenage Mutant Ninja Turles are returning!

Well it seems a new Ninja Turtles movie is currently in production and will be released in 2007!

Apparently it's going to be a bit darker than the original movies, like the original Eastman and Laird comics which I was more or a fan of. Still the first movie was still pretty sweet in a nostalgic kind of way. ;D
On that note Ninja turtle co creator Peter Laird will be one of the executive producers so hopefully it will. Hopefully they decide to make it less for children and more for teenages/young adults, afterall all the original fans that were around when it was a huge fad have aged somewhat.

I have to admit I am anticipating this movie. The turtles are going to be completely in CGI rather than uniform as will the enemies rather than stuntmen.
Kevin Munroe... well I haven't heard of any of the movies he has done but he is the director and screen writer so it's interesting to see if he's up to the challenge or not. He says special effects aside the primary issue is the story and he claims to be a long time fan of the characters since Eastman and lairds comics so who knows.

Indepth interviews about it can be found here:

http://www.superherohype.com/news.php?id=2786

http://www.gamerz-edge.com/news/articles/040705Turtles.html

http://www.joblo.com/index.php?id=7450

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
Sorry...No Jim Henson, no turtles... and I am sticking with it. Thanks for the info though.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Looks like a nice idea, now that director has to be up to the task, and stay true to what he said in that interview.

yes... just what the world needs, a gang of mutated turtles eating pizza and living in the sewers... its almost sad... :'(

;D

handsome rakshas

Thanks Grail!
RIGHT ON NOMAD!
It wouldn't be the turtles without Henson
you're right too psymont,
vanilla ice will be missed.
Hey! maybe they could use Eminem (PUKE!)

Lee

YOUR INTERNET(S) WHAT NOW??
Sparnage said:
Apparently it's going to be a bit darker than the original movies, like the original Eastman and Laird comics which I was more or a fan of.
Why the hell must nowadays every movie be dark and angsty?
Does it make the film any better if the audience knew that shredder touched raphael at the nasty place?

Vaxillus

The one and only severed head
Lee said:
Does it make the film any better if the audience knew that shredder touched raphael at the nasty place?
Couldn't agree more, angst ruins every great story now-a-days.  Just look at the latest Star Wars movie, the newer Prince of Persia games, and Pokemon.  Damn Ash, grow up, beating up small animals won't make your balls drop any faster!

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Vaxillus said:
Couldn't agree more, angst ruins every great story now-a-days.  Just look at the latest Star Wars movie

http://theangstysideoftheforce.ytmnd.com/

Lee

YOUR INTERNET(S) WHAT NOW??
Vaxillus said:
Couldn't agree more, angst ruins every great story now-a-days. Just look at the latest Star Wars movie, the newer Prince of Persia games, and Pokemon. Damn Ash, grow up, beating up small animals won't make your balls drop any faster!
Mutated Turtles fighting evil is serious business.

Vaxillus said:
s. Just look at the latest Star Wars movie
First half of the movie seemed too much like a race to get Anakin evil. "Let's hurry to get him evil so this movie wont suck" portion was terrible.
Oh and the god awful awful diaglogs.
Hilariously bad dialog. So very very bad it was almost a pro. So bad Samuel L Jackson couldn't sound cool, and he could tell me that he was a pretty fairy and liked flowers and ponies and it'd sound cool.

Other than that, the graphics-effects were good.

YO! Its the green machine -- Gonna rock the town without bein seen
Have you ever seen a turtle Get Down? -- Slammin Jammin to the new swing sound
Yeah, everybody lets move -- Vanilla is here with the new Jack Groove
Gonna rock, and roll this place -- With the power of the ninja turtle bass
Iceman, ya know Im not playin -- Devistate the show while the turtles are sayin:

Chorus:
Ninja, Ninja, RAP! Ninja, Ninja, RAP!
GO GO GO
Go Ninja, Go Ninja, GO; Go Ninja, Go ninja, GO!
Go Ninja, Go Ninja. GO; Go Ninja, Go ninja, GO!
GO GO GO GO

Lyrics, fill in the gap -- Drop that bass and get the NINJA RAP
Feel it, if you know what I mean -- Give it up for those heroes in green
Just flowin, smooth with the power -- Kickin it up, hour after hour
Cause in this life theres only one winner -- You better aim good so you can hit the center
In it to win it, with a team of four -- Ninja Turtles that you gotta adore its the:

Chorus

Villians, you better run and hide -- Because one day you might not slide
Choose your weapon but dont slip -- Vanillas in control with the flex of the mic grip
Rockin the crowd the way it should be rocked -- With the Miami drop that you like alot
Hittin like a Ninja Turtle when the bass kicks in -- You better check your level
The power of the Ninja is strong -- Fightin all the crooks until theyre all out cold

R

Raftrider

Sweet! I was a very avid Ninja Turtle fan as a little girl, and I still think they kick ass. Just recently, I've been scouring ebay for some unopened action figures. I won a set of the storage shell ones a few months ago. (And some Berserk figures. :D)

incognitoX

you fail me
"Griffith No More!" said:
http://theangstysideoftheforce.ytmnd.com/

Ahahaha. ;D

YO! Its the green machine -- Gonna rock the town without bein seen
Have you ever seen a turtle Get Down? -- Slammin Jammin to the new swing sound
Yeah, everybody lets move -- Vanilla is here with the new Jack Groove
Gonna rock, and roll this place -- With the power of the ninja turtle bass
Iceman, ya know Im not playin -- Devistate the show while the turtles are sayin:

Chorus:
Ninja, Ninja, RAP! Ninja, Ninja, RAP!
GO GO GO
Go Ninja, Go Ninja, GO; Go Ninja, Go ninja, GO!
Go Ninja, Go Ninja. GO; Go Ninja, Go ninja, GO!
GO GO GO GO

Lyrics, fill in the gap -- Drop that bass and get the NINJA RAP
Feel it, if you know what I mean -- Give it up for those heroes in green
Just flowin, smooth with the power -- Kickin it up, hour after hour
Cause in this life theres only one winner -- You better aim good so you can hit the center
In it to win it, with a team of four -- Ninja Turtles that you gotta adore its the:

Chorus

Villians, you better run and hide -- Because one day you might not slide
Choose your weapon but dont slip -- Vanillas in control with the flex of the mic grip
Rockin the crowd the way it should be rocked -- With the Miami drop that you like alot
Hittin like a Ninja Turtle when the bass kicks in -- You better check your level
The power of the Ninja is strong -- Fightin all the crooks until theyre all out cold

Ah I remember this. I can remember a time this was actually on the radio. I also had a tape of music from the first movie when I was a kid, the one song was "Spin that wheel"

Utterly ridiculous. But I still love it.

I think I heard this same news like a year or two ago, which is why I'm incredibly skeptical about it even happening...however I guess if people are hearing new news about it it's really in the works...let's all keep our fingers crossed, eh? Also, for anyone thinking the angst is just a stupid trend thing, it's really not, just intended to make the story more like the original comic book, which as far as I know was rather dark (pretty sure leonardo cuts shredder's head off at some point...) but hey, what do I know?

incognitoX said:
Ah I remember this. I can remember a time this was actually on the radio. I also had a tape of music from the first movie when I was a kid, the one song was "Spin that wheel"

Utterly ridiculous. But I still love it.
The best was their live concert. ;D

I still can't believe how utterly awesome the ninja turtles were when I was a kid. I loved that shit, watched it every day religiously until I was like 11. My parents got me a ninja turtle watch after a month of begging and I was like Gollum w/ that thing, always wearing it or holding it. I won a copy of TMNT 2 on VHS (answered trivia questions and filled out a contest form from this ninja turtle magazine (which had really badass cover art and pull-outs, btw) , but my older brother left it in a vcr that we ended up returning.

Lee said:

A darker concept for TMNT has already been proven better through the original graphic novels before they whored their work out to everyone and anyone. The cartoon and Movies 1 and 2 were good when you're 10 but:

A: All the real fans are older now so darker would be more appropriate.

B: Having the movie produced more loyal to how it was originally made by the TRUE creators is a much better idea. Check out the graphic novels, IMO they are better than several manga titles and countless western comics available. On that note Co creator of the graphic novel Peter Laird will be much more involved with the production of this film.

C: All that "Awesome, Richeous Cowabunga D00D" bollocks was cute back then but a little outdated to say the least.

D: Too many people have nostalgic hardons regarding the originals like the Episode 3 thread can't already decide it's shit  before it even comes out.

Anyway I wouldn't want Jim Henson to have anything to do with this one, I mean I like the first and second just because it was nostalgic but c'mon. This guy is really inspired by the original work, Henson was inspired from the cartoons on 8 in the morning.
This is made very clear in the opening scene where the Turtles are first introduced the TMNT heading is exactly the same as the cartoon one and not of the graphic novel so it's pretty obvious. Anyway right afterwards they're making their stupid trade mark one liners of what they thought of their first fight and consitently goes through the rest of the movie so for the potential of this movie to florish I don't think he is worthy of working on it.

It might be a crap movie but as Aaz says if they stay true to what they say it could be really good remake, just like how the new Batman movie is as a good example. I'm considering the idea with an open mind.

A thought occurs I'm probably wasting my time reasoning with you.

Vaxillus said:
Couldn't agree more, angst ruins every great story now-a-days.  Just look at the latest Star Wars movie, the newer Prince of Persia games, and Pokemon.

Yeah because the original dialogue for any other Star wars movie was great? Same goes for the story of the original movies Ninja turtles or Star wars, and now I attracted more typical comments from complainers who saw the original movies as godlike because they were too young to realise that they weren't that good in the first place, seems to be common around he lately.

Psymont 2.0 said:
if vanilla ice isnt in it, ill have a hard time coming to grips ;)

No need to follow this one up. ;)

So very recently the first teaser trailer came out. Although it's still too early to say if it'll be good or not, I'm still definitely adding this one to my movies to see list. Quite a daring project for more reasons than one.

http://tmnt.warnerbros.com/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBVkPPqGCOM&search=turtles%20teaser%20trailer

They don't exactly look photorealistic, but I already love the way the animators made the Turtles agility and movements, worth seeing for the action if nothing else.
The whole show off for the camera shot at the end was a bit pretentious (Oh sorry Slightly Green, I meant Ostentatious ;)) But it is a teaser, so yeah, won't take it to heart personally.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Sparnage said:
Although it's still too early to say if it'll be good or not

I have a policy on this, like if I was betting on a movie being good or bad, any movie, I'd always bet on BAD. =)

Anyway, this doesn't look to top the original movie, which did a good job of fusing the cartoon and comic elements. Plus, I was 10, those Jim Henson turtles looked better than they ever would again, and it was AWESOME! And really, compared to most movies supposed to be geared towards kids, the original Turtles was like Pulp Fiction. Now, with the stirringly aimless running around on rooftops scene, the gratuitous posing in the alley, and then the "funney joke" of Mikey falling in the garbage, this doesn't look to be another exception.

Im actually kind of excited about this, even though its not something that i'd say in public :carcus:

I found my old VHS of the first movie about two weeks, ago, and that movie is just as good as i remembered. The fighting was extremely well done for a " kids movie" and it was cheese-tastic in a good way.

Its going to be darker but the movie is similar to Superman Returns in that it is going to follow the first two movies directly while dropping stuff in there about the third movie and even the TV series.

S

smoke

I'd rather have the kiddy, light-hearted vibe of the original series than the "darker, edgier" vibe of the new shitty "anime" Turtles series.

I'm glad that the Ninja Turtles are going to be back, i hope they just don't fuck it up horrendously. I think it's too early to count it as crap yet.

Top Bottom