Episode 257

Begemot

STOP UNDRESSING ME WITH YOUR EYES!
Thanks Aaz

Serpico seems satisfied with the conclusion, on page 7 he looks the most relaxed I've seen him.

I wonder what Isidro was saying. I love Farnese's mom's response to Magnifico's panic.

D

darkbane

Episodes like this one is when not knowing japanese hurts the most ^_^. A lot of talking going on, especially Guts talking. Maybe he says something related to Griffith since the image of Sonia comes up.

This may be obvious, but I think the "battle" will instead be a festival eclipse-style.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Abstraction said:
Hi there skullknight.net. First post, I'm new here, I'm obsessed with Berserk..yada yada...

Hey Abstraction, welcome aboard. :)

dwarfkicker said:
He keeps teasing with the Kushan attack. This is killing me. I know it'll be one hell of a battle.

It's indeed going to be interesting to see, the fall of a big town like Vritannis, with all the armies massed nearby. Anyway, looks like the YA preview wasn't so much about Serpico "serving" Guts, but rather leading the band to the ball (obscure as always).

He also comments about how he didn't expect Guts to counterattack using the collapsing pillars, and asks him if he read his moves. Guts replies that he didn't. ;D Serpico then ponders about Guts' incredible reflexes, and admits his defeat. Schierke also firmly says that she won't let something like that happen again, to Evarella's surprise.

Kagami said:
no it wont

That's not much of a reply now, is it? Please make an effort when replying in cases like these, thanks.

Woland said:
I wonder what Isidro was saying.

He was asking if they were really fighting seriously (i.e. trying to wound or kill the other), and Guts replies something about the "way of the sword", etc.

darkbane said:
Maybe he says something related to Griffith since the image of Sonia comes up.

It's just Schierke finally being reminded of what Sonja said about the town being annihilated (was about time) when Guts says that Vritannis will soon become a battlefield. There's no mention of Griffith.

Anyway, that color page is one of the paintings used for the TCG, and seeing how good it looks at a decent size, I can't help but lament about the lack of recent artbooks... :'(

Begemot

Aazealh said:
He was asking if they were really fighting seriously (i.e. trying to wound or kill the other), and Guts replies something about the way of sword.

Ah, thanks.

Thanks Aaz

Comments on the ep:

That was the first thing I've thought about the duel's conclusion two chapters ago. I didn't like that thought so much. Had emotional potential for the group but emphasized Guts ability on Serpico's - which I didn't like so much: in fact I liked the Enoc village battle because it somehow showed all of the party's power rather than Guts'.
Can we think of Serpico vs Guts matter as sosspended maybe? Serpico with his magic weapons vs Guts and Serpico apostle still an option to imagine?
Anyway...

The dialogue...seems Miura finally brings the team together against the perills we know. In a couple of words: plot development

The BALL: more plot development and perhaps new plot potential...looking forward to the translation

The art: did anybody else notice a slight difference in style? More darkness less fantasy or dark fantasy...kinda more of vampire or even Jack the Ripper fiction than anything else. No, I am not talking about the theme, but about the drawing technique. It seems every important shadowing and highlighting is expressed in a more clear pattern that makes it a bit more chillier than the usual.
This kind of chill, I don't think Miura has managed it before. I think this style suits Berserk best than any style we have seen so far.

Kagami

Goo!
Aazealh said:
That's not much of a reply now, is it? Please make an effort when replying in cases like these, thanks.

I thought it was funny....

but speaking seriously about this up comming battle, I think it may be like the battle that the original BOTH had when they first encountered Zodd. I don't mean they will find one person that will mess them up pretty bad, but that it will not be such a one sided fight like the other ones. This time there is the strange cat beast for starters(kinda has the mouth of Ganishka don't you think?), and after Ganishka saw the power of the band first hand, I think he may step up the quality of the troops he sends in. From the last page it looks like we will get the answers to these questions.... in a month... arg.

Begemot

xechnao said:
Can we think of Serpico vs Guts matter as sosspended maybe? Serpico with his magic weapons vs Guts and Serpico apostle still an option to imagine?
Anyway...

I think this last fight settled things between them (well, hopefully)). I think Serpico is going to face the nasty realization that Farnese won't be safe even if she leaves the group, due to the Kushans and her family's political power. She might be safer traveling with Guts & co. since they're at least strong enough to fight back, unlike certain guards we've seen.

Kagami said:
I thought it was funny....

but speaking seriously about this up comming battle, I think it may be like the battle that the original BOTH had when they first encountered Zodd. I don't mean they will find one person that will mess them up pretty bad, but that it will not be such a one sided fight like the other ones. This time there is the strange cat beast for starters(kinda has the mouth of Ganishka don't you think?), and after Ganishka saw the power of the band first hand, I think he may step up the quality of the troops he sends in. From the last page it looks like we will get the answers to these questions.... in a month... arg.

Next episode is out in two weeks, notice the 6/24.

Kagami

Goo!
Woland said:
Next episode is out in two weeks, notice the 6/24.

doubt the fight will be with that one, the "rescue" of Farnese is my guess for the two week one.

But about your other comment, I thought back when Serp got wounded in Troll land that they were going to be more buddy buddy, so I'm not sure we can say that there will be no more conflict between them (they will probably find another reason to go at it). Each fight they have, they learn a bit more about the other ones skills (Guts seeing how Serpico can use any weapon available, and Serpico seeing how keen Gut's reflexes are).

D

darkbane

Kagami said:
doubt the fight will be with that one, the "rescue" of Farnese is my guess for the two week one.

Aaz said that the next ep is about Griffith and co.

After all those long holidays/sick leave, it will be great if Miura can keep to the two-week schedule for a while.

Aazealh, do you have any notion of what Serpico tells Guts and (more importantly) what Guts replies when he turns away?

fantastic, I enjoy story but a good blood bath is needed every now and then.

Yeah, Miura needs to keep up with his ADD fans and... *sees a butterfly* Ooh pretty.

In any case I kinda felt the whole battle was a let down. What was the point of having it at all. Maybe a full translation would answer some of these questions, not to degrade the value of Aazealh's contributions.

Aazealh said:
Anyway, that color page is one of the paintings used for the TCG, and seeing how good it looks at a decent size, I can't help but lament about the lack of recent artbooks... :'(
hey Aaz,dont worry about it.i have got the recent artbook"YA13mini-artbook".
hereis my photo album:http://weilanxinghai.photo.163.com/
i think you will find your want.

Thanks for the Scans, I am fixing to read them right now!!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D
059.gif

After seeing it, it was awesome!! I knew Guts would kick Serpico's ass. I wish I could read it though. :(

Posted by: xechnao Posted on: Today at 12:55:09 PM
Had emotional potential for the group but emphasized Guts ability on Serpico's - which I didn't like so much:

With shallow views, comes shallow comments. :(

Look past the actual physical combat for just one sec Xech. Yes, Guts beat Serpico. Yes, he could have killed him easily. That was one side of the fight. The other was Miura showing that Guts isn't just balls to the wall swing til he dies, without the beast at least. He thought quickly on his feet, read Serpico's moves, countered not only his moves but the ceiling as well, and came out victorious. Just some regular guy with a big sword would have been either cut by Serpico's speed, or crushed from the collapsing pillars. Notice also that this whole episode was not just the end of the fight, it showed Guts keen ability to sense many different things in a battle, and ended in a tottally different scene, (which I cannot read
310.gif
).

Excellently done in the Miura way. I can't wait for the professional translating, which I am thankful for, and then reading what's going on. 8)

- C

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Kagami said:
This time there is the strange cat beast for starters(kinda has the mouth of Ganishka don't you think?), and after Ganishka saw the power of the band first hand, I think he may step up the quality of the troops he sends in.

It's a familiar, or a Pishacha if you want, so it's not really a surprise for it to have Ganishkan teeth. The Daka and the Makara also had these. As for Ganishka seeing the power of the band, I doubt it. Daiba might be suspicious of a third party involved in the Vritannis attack, but Ganishka himself has other matters to think about, IMHO.

Woland said:
I think this last fight settled things between them (well, hopefully)). I think Serpico is going to face the nasty realization that Farnese won't be safe even if she leaves the group, due to the Kushans and her family's political power. She might be safer traveling with Guts & co. since they're at least strong enough to fight back, unlike certain guards we've seen.

Yeah, I pretty much agree with that. I don't think Serpico will ever contest Guts' authority again, and he has probably already realized that without the group Farnese stood no chance.

Kagami said:
Troll land

Qliphoth.

Kagami said:
they will probably find another reason to go at it

Why? Nothing hints at this.

darkbane said:
Aazealh, do you have any notion of what Serpico tells Guts and (more importantly) what Guts replies when he turns away?

He tells Guts that he should go to Farnese, and Guts says that he will. On page 10, Serpico reflects on the fight, and how Guts was foolishly naive not using his repeating crossbow and arm cannon. There's more to it of course but I think that will do for now.

hamstermaster said:
sorry for that but i still not understand why you guys put the rar with a password with a password that change often that really suk

It's just to bother people. :eek:

Rage Incarnate said:
In any case I kinda felt the whole battle was a let down. What was the point of having it at all. Maybe a full translation would answer some of these questions, not to degrade the value of Aazealh's contributions.

Ugh, well given your post, I don't think a translation would help much.

blueberserk said:
hey Aaz,dont worry about it.i have got the recent artbook"YA13mini-artbook".

You mean the "Collected Paintings of Berserk: I" (II and III are yet to come). I'm not especially interested by these, and they aren't really artbooks, but it's nice to have the pictures in high quality nonetheless (not that they can't be found), so thanks I guess. :) You got these from jojohot, right?

You got me before I could push save, oh well. I added to my post right before yours. ;D

- C

CnC

Ad Oculos
Thanks for the episode! It was a nice conclusion to the fight.

edit: Also, thanks for fixing the avatar!

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
Best image from a recent Berserk episode:

semen7ug.jpg
XD​
Someone just spotted a trace of sticky-white-love-piss in his palm, I see. Seriously though, excellent episode from what I could make out. Serpice gets the award for "Bitch Slap of the Week" and the last page is a nice little cliff-hanger for the next episode. Thanks for the scans, Aazealh!

Kagami

Goo!
Aazealh said:
Qliphoth.

Why? Nothing hints at this.

1) I should have said Enoch. :/ thats the place I meant.

2) I guess it's just speculation, so maybe the wrong section to bring that up. From Serp's personality, I wouldn't be surprised if it happened again. Kinda like Bushido. They respect each other, but wouldn't hesitate to fight each other (that was shown in the last episode). After saying that, whuddya think aboot the situation? If you still don't think it is likely, any particular reason? Or just you think this theory is just a pile of Guile (the street fighter dude, not being tricky).

S

Some Guy

Yes, good episode.  So it turns out Guts wasn't just deflecting the rubble, he was preparing to swat Serpico like a fly! :p

Thanks Aazealh, for the episode and giving an idea of what is going on in some of the scenes.  I'd like the know though why Manifico has got the "oh shit!" face on page 20, though.  Is it something Mr. Vadminion said?

mahlernut

I call the big one Bitey!
Some Guy said:
Thanks Aazealh, for the episode and giving an idea of what is going on in some of the scenes. I'd like the know though why Magnifico has got the "oh shit!" face on page 20, though. Is it something Mr. Vandimion said?

After he's announced to the whole ball that he has an announcement, Farnese's disappearance leaves him stuttering. The elder Vandimion comes over and asks what he was about to say.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Kagami said:
I should have said Enoch. :/ thats the place I meant.

Ok.

Kagami said:
I guess it's just speculation, so maybe the wrong section to bring that up.

It's fine as long as it relates to the current episode.

Kagami said:
From Serp's personality, I wouldn't be surprised if it happened again. Kinda like Bushido. They respect each other, but wouldn't hesitate to fight each other (that was shown in the last episode). After saying that, whuddya think aboot the situation? If you still don't think it is likely, any particular reason?

It's just that they need a reason to fight, and Serpico now lacks it. He also has finally acknowledged that Guts was out of his league. Lastly, having them fight again and again would end up being a bit redundant, IMHO.

Some Guy said:
I'd like the know though why Magnifico has got the "oh shit!" face on page 20, though. Is it something Mr. Vandimion said?

Well, he's trying to announce his sister's wedding with Roderick, wanting to take his father by surprise in front of hundreds of nobles (and his brothers), and his sister isn't there... He basically makes a fool of himself in public, and then his father asks him what he was about to say... Vandimion's (whose first name is Federico, by the way) speech is quite spirited, he says that the army they have gathered now is the biggest ever in the history of the Holy See, and that they're going to wage a Holy war (the campaign is supposed to start on the next day). We also learn that he is the 3rd head of the Vandimion family in date, and that he financially supports a lot of countries apart from Tudor (that he's supporting). People say that without him this war wouldn't be possible.

Kagami said:
2) I guess it's just speculation, so maybe the wrong section to bring that up. From Serp's personality, I wouldn't be surprised if it happened again. Kinda like Bushido. They respect each other, but wouldn't hesitate to fight each other (that was shown in the last episode). After saying that, whuddya think aboot the situation? If you still don't think it is likely, any particular reason? Or just you think this theory is just a pile of Guile (the street fighter dude, not being tricky).

Not quite sure where you got that from (in the last episode, Serpico wanted to keep guts from getting near farnese and going berserk and killing her...).  Right now, he understands that the kushan threat is a far more immediate danger than guts is right now (which was proven by the way guts handled the fight).  Only if guts presence threatens farnese will serpico want to fight guts again.

Herald of Yama

"It is pure Potential"
Many thanks, Aazealh. I'd be willing to front $257,000.00 just for a crappy frame-rate, five minute Flash animation of this ep.(If I had that kind of money... :( )

Top Bottom