Who will be the first God Hand to die?

After reviewing various posts here, and reading various volumes from 6-26, (up to volume 26 published herein Germany; hard to get the whole series atm, tho.), I'm starting to wonder when Guts will actually kill one of the God Hand.  They're starting to use their influence on the world more and more since Femto completed their ranks.  Namely:

WARNING:  POSSIBLE SPOILERS BELOW

Volume 17 - As Kushan forces invade Midland, Raban sees most of the population has been killed off by plague.  As he leaves, the infected rats congregate and form into Conrad's face, before sinking into the ground.

Volume 26:  Slann physically attacks, and wounds Guts.

Void appears again, but I can't remember how/when, and I've yet to see Ubik manipulate the human world.

Given that they are starting to show themselves more, chances are he'll kill at least one of them. The question is, who will be first?

To avenge the other Hawks, he wants to kill all of them particualrly Femto/Griffith. But will Griffith be the first to die by Guts' hand, or will he kill the others and leave his nemesis till last?

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome to SKnet, Tuxedo_nat.

Guts really isn't on a God Hand hunt at the moment. Then again, that didn't stop Slan crossing his path in the Qliphoth.

Besides, it's not like Guts can simply see a God Hand manifestation and shoot it with the arm-cannon; done deal. Slan composed herself of intestines, which certainly wasn't her true form (which resides 1-2 layers away in the Nexus). Even when Guts used the cannon in combination with the shadow-empowered Dragon Slayer, it only scattered her spirit.

The God Hand, as you accurately state, have been doing more than simply sitting around. In vol. 26 (ep. 219) Slan says that the others are "floating around in their oh-so-favorite sephira" now. While we don't know the full extent of her meaning, I think it's a safe bet that they have more direct influence over the state of the world now that the two (or all three?) worlds are merging.

As for who goes first? Since we're running on such little info with the current state of affairs, it seems an arbitrary question to me.

PS:
Void appears again, but I can't remember how/when.
It's in volume 20, during the Reincarnaton Ceremony.

Who knows, I personally think it will be a long while before any of the Godhand members "die" if at all, and if so like I said in the Void Ends, thread they probably could just be reborn since they are astral beings or whatever, but then you have the whole SkullKnights sword thing, but I think there wouldn't be a way to "completely" kill them, as they are spirits... you may be able to send them back to abyss and all but not eliminate them entirely.

Thought I would say Hi and weigh in on this one at once :)

I don't think any of the God Hand members are going to die at all. I can see Guts defeating Griffith and his plans down the road, but not killing him. I don't know why, but I just can't see any of the Godhand members staying "dead". The first one I think Guts or Skullknight is going to have to deal with though is going to be Slan. For some reason I think she is going to pop up more to screw with them, and they will have to confront her before the rest.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
tuxedo_nat said:
Void appears again, but I can't remember how/when, and I've yet to see Ubik manipulate the human world.

As Walter said, we see the God Hand (not just Void but all of them) again in volume 20, during the incarnation ceremony. What we see though are just illusions, mere shadows of the real God Hand members, created out of incubi. They aren't really there, and when Guts attacks them, they instantly reform.

Zelz said:
like I said in the Void Ends, thread they probably could just be reborn since they are astral beings or whatever

I don't see why you're assuming that they would be reborn if they were killed. As for not being able to really kill them because they are astral beings, the trolls were also astral beings and they did die.

Top Bottom