Yesterday's Backup

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry for the long backup time guys, something fucked up and it wouldn't end. It's all good now though.

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
I was a little scared... I couldnt be lazy at work because the site was done... Thank you for making me be productive! >:(

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
SaiyajinNoOuji said:
I was a little scared... I couldnt be lazy at work because the site was done... Thank you for making me be productive! >:(

Oh well, it's ok now, you can be twice as lazy as usual. 8)

Aazealh said:
Sorry for the long backup time guys, something fucked up and it wouldn't end. It's all good now though.

What happened exactly? It said underconstruction so I thought Walter was touching up the site.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Rage Incarnate said:
What happened exactly? It said underconstruction so I thought Walter was touching up the site.

It said "The forum is undergoing maintenance", with a message explaining that we were doing a backup of the database. Saving it in case there would be a need to restore a previous version of the site. Nothing big.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Headless Death said:
How often is a back-up created?

Depends what kind of backup. Automatic backups of the tables are done regularly and stored in the database, and the company providing the site's hosting also makes daily backups. Now this was a complete database backup that I executed myself, storing it on HDD and CD-ROM. These don't occur very often, though I plan to do it on a regular basis in the future. From now on, the downtime for that kind of operation shouldn't exceed 10 minutes.

Top Bottom