AOW: Zodd and Armored Berserk PVC statues

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
According to Art of War's website, they will soon release 2 PVC statues, one being the Armored Berserk statue recently released in resin, and the other one a Zodd (older version?) statue (there should also be Limited editions for both).

Pre-orders will start in June. More informations later.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
BillyBudd said:
How much does it cost to import a figure again?

Well, apart from the price of the product itself, if you order directly from Art of War, you'll have to pay the shipping fee (around $30 for a relatively light item), as well as a transaction fee when you will transfer them the money (bank transfer), that is around $40.

Hobby Link Japan has a photo of the Berserker Armor.
It looks....ok to me
It might be a prototype

http://www.hlj.com/product/AOW33749

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
EndLeSS8 said:
Hobby Link Japan has a photo of the Berserker Armor.
It looks....ok to me
It might be a prototype

http://www.hlj.com/product/AOW33749
The helmet's jaws look a little off but it still looks really cool. Can't wait till it's available. ;D

conan

Until next time...
I'm betting the Zodd PVC they mention is the one we've already seen on HLJ.com w/ the tower base (flying Zodd). I'm also wondering if the Guts Berserker is an action figure or a PVC statue like the "Battle Damaged" PVC that was released earlier this year?

If it's a PVC statue, the pictured proto looks terrible.

It looks like an action figure to me as the elbows and shoulders/biceps look to have twist/angle joints to them.

sorry to say this, but if this is an action figure, 85.oo is too high!!

The black swordsman action figure didn't even sell for 1/2 that...

And if it's a statue...well, it's still too high. Should be 1/2 that for a PVC statue of this, unless this thing is 9" or 10" tall and includes a huge base of some sort...

I'll wait until Yamato USA brings it to the US for less than $50.oo a figure and THEN I'll buy a few of them...

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
conan said:
I'm betting the Zodd PVC they mention is the one we've already seen on HLJ.com w/ the tower base (flying Zodd).

I think that would be the other Zodd they talked about in the news about the mini-figure set vol. 5 release (other thread). This one should be different.

conan said:
I'm also wondering if the Guts Berserker is an action figure or a PVC statue like the "Battle Damaged" PVC that was released earlier this year?

What is the thread title? Statue or figure? Then you have your answer. ;) The news have finally been updated in English on AOW's site so you can check it by yourself.

conan

Until next time...
Thanks Aazealh, I thought so. The fact it "looks" like an action figure makes that proto look terrible for a statue.

The proto pictured looks too loose to be a statue as the cowl/ helm look removable and the arms and hips look articulated. 
Maybe there's a Berserker armor action figure planned too then...
anyhow...

That pic makes it look like crap IMO.
If that's the quality of this statue, I'll pass. 
If, however, the end product looks as good (or close to as good) as the resin, I'll pick it up...or wait until Yamato USA brings it to the USA...

In this case, there does appear to be a big difference between the PVC and resin statues. I was hoping it would have a pose closer to the resin, too.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
conan said:
That pic makes it look like crap IMO.
If that's the quality of this statue, I'll pass. 
If, however, the end product looks as good (or close to as good) as the resin, I'll pick it up...

Well, it doesn't look very good yeah... I also think (hope) that it's just a prototype and will be different once completed. For that price, a flawless recast of the resin version would be a good deal (at least compared to the resin's original price), but if the final version looks like that, they won't sell a lot of it. I also agree about the pose, it's kind of sloppy for a statue, IMHO. I hope the PVC Zodd will look better.

AOW seems to be going down the wrong road these days...

Vaxillus

The one and only severed head
It just looks like the lower jaw/cape isn't pushed on all the way, giving the impression that his head is too small and squashed into his chest. You can see his neck under his cape, so I think it was just assembled funny. The pose is strange though, awkward rather than tense. Needs some work.

conan

Until next time...
I read about the new statue before it was officially announced as I got a note about it from a buddy (the editor of CoolJapaneseToys.com) who knew they were working on this piece two months ago (during NY Toy Fair).

I'd love to see an action figure with this sculpt and a removable helm and cowl, but I think both would look too big and be out of scale. I'll probably pre-order this and wait to see what the final product looks like before I cancel or keep the order though.

Why would anyone order direct from Art of War if it costs an extra $70.oo to get it?  Why not wait to get it from HLJ.com or Yamato USA? (Ok, so fans of the exclusives order direct from AOW, why would anyone buy a regular version from them though?)

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
conan said:
I read about the new statue before it was officially announced as I got a note about it from a buddy

The advantages of working in the action figures field. :)

conan said:
(Ok, so fans of the exclusives order direct from AOW, why would anyone buy a regular version from them though?)

In cases like this one, where regular versions are available on other sites, I think it's mostly Japanese people that buy it directly from AOW, as it costs them less, and of course people end up buying it from them when all the other shops are sold out as well.

Vaxillus

The one and only severed head
conan said:
Oh, and I edited this one too and added the word POOP!
Like what comes out of my azz.

Rule one of posting on any forum: NEVER attack the moderators. Unless, of course, you want to be banned.

Rule two: If you do it, at least make it clever.

conan

Until next time...
I think I'll preorder the regular version of the statue from HLJ.com as I'm not keen on ordering anything through AOW with the amount of fees and shipping you have to pay.

If the sculpt is revealed in June and still looks bad, I'll cancel my order.
If it looks as good (or close to as good) as the resin, I'll keep the statue ordered.

I'm glad AOW finally figured out there are a group of us who can't afford the resin but can still afford PVC statues of our favorite characters. I'd love to have a Guts Magun PVC that stands 8" high, but that's a dream I'm sure...

I sure hope this Berserker Armor statue looks better than that picture makes it look! :D ;D

Anyone else preorder the Berserker ARmor Guts from HLJ.com or am I the only one? Is everyone else waiting for the "exclusive" from AOW?

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
conan said:
Anyone else preorder the Berserker ARmor Guts from HLJ.com or am I the only one?

Is everyone else waiting for the "exclusive" from AOW?
I'm actually asking it for my birthday so I'm praying someone pre-ordered it for me. ;D If not, then I'll be pre-ordering it very soon.

conan

Until next time...
Full pics of Guts Berserker PVC statue HERE!!

Yamato USA will be releasing both the Flying Zodd PVC Statue and the Guts Berserker Statue in the USA this fall and full pics of both have been revealed...

check it all out here: Figures.com

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Re: Full pics of Guts Berserker PVC statue HERE!!

I'm disappointed that the Berserker statue isn't in the cool pose like the resin one, but it looks alright. I'll definitely be picking up the Zodd PVC statue, though. :)

Re: Full pics of Guts Berserker PVC statue HERE!!

Nice...... I like that Guts Berserker one, the Zodd one looks pretty good too, it just looks kinda funny to me because of the pose he is in and such.

Top Bottom