AOW: Zodd and Armored Berserk PVC statues

Go to the AOW website...what's this? I tried to use Babel Fish Translator on it, and it sounded like it might be a Young Animal exclusive set.

topImage.jpg

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
BillyBudd said:
Go to the AOW website...what's this?

http://www.skullknight.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=4441.msg91778#msg91778

Aazealh said:
Also, in the next Young Animal (May 27th), it will be possible to apply for 2 exclusive "Armored Berserk" figures by Art of War (all the appliances will be accepted/granted). One will be the classic Beast-helm armor (height: 74mm, weight: 50g), and the other the Skull-helm armor, before it was transformed (height: 120mm, weight: 65g).

conan

Until next time...
yeah...it says on Yamato USA's sight the PVC is an "accurate reproduction" of the sold out resin statue of Guts Berserk Armor, but we all know that isn't true...

I'm going to call my contact at Yamato and find out if the one picture is indeed the PVC statue or...possibly...an action figure.... :D

Thought it looks to be a PVC statue as I see ZERO joints...though the right shoulder does look like it could have a twist/cut joint in it as it is really oddly shaped in one specific area....

oh well...

So are those Young Animal exclusives actually mini figures? It sounds like they're just under 5 inches tall. This just goes to show that they COULD make a figure with the same pose as the statue. Why they would choose not to...I don't know. It would kind of suck.

conan

Until next time...
I really think we'll eventually see one as AOW is trying their best to "pimp" Berserk for all it's worth...since it's the really only BIG property it has right now....

I also think we'll see an action figure of the Berserker armor by the end of the this year...with, like the BS figure, numerous variants like skeleton face, wolf face, bloody, non-bloody, etc....

I sure hope we do anyhow...I'd love to get a figure of that guy! :D

conan

Until next time...
Aaz stays WAY ahead of everyone on this forum in terms of where stuff is at on this board (it's his job after all!) Thanks Aaz!

The mini-figs look good, but I really want them as full sized 8" PVC statues...

I'd love to have a PVC statue of the Skull faced Berserker armor as well as the wolf-head Guts Berserker armor...(course I want Guts' to be posed like the resin though...)

I'm looking forward to AOW's offical photos of the Guts Berserk Armor PVC statue as they know how to make it look "good" and bring out the highlights in the sculpt and paint...

hope the detail of the armor on the back of the PVC statue is still there and I really hope that cape is longer than it looks...I hate the way the Guts BS action figures look w/ the cape on...

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
conan said:
Aaz stays WAY ahead of everyone on this forum in terms of where stuff is at on this board (it's his job after all!) Thanks Aaz!

Heh, well that's to be expected as you said. :)

conan said:
I'd love to have a PVC statue of the Skull faced Berserker armor as well as the wolf-head Guts Berserker armor...(course I want Guts' to be posed like the resin though...)

Actually I'd already like it if they made a high quality resin statue of the Skull-helmed Berserk armor.

conan said:
I'm looking forward to AOW's offical photos of the Guts Berserk Armor PVC statue as they know how to make it look "good" and bring out the highlights in the sculpt and paint...

Well, meanwhile you can always check the "Winged Silence: Soaring Zodd" (Exclusive) that was just released on AOW's site.

Link to the SK.net thread discussing that Flying Zodd statue.
Link to the AOW item page.

conan

Until next time...
7.5 hours to go CST until AOW offers the Berserk ARmor PVC "Exclusive" statue...

I'm not getting it, but thought you all should know...

I'll be getting one from HLJ.com for a little over $90.oo dlvd. :D

conan

Until next time...
Armored Berserk Armor Guts is available for 9800 yen on AOW.co now...

Looks decent, but the PVC is no where near as cool a pose as the polystone statue...

The right arm will be posable, so it can be positioned up or down and the sword is of course removable. the base is a simple black stand like the action figures included... :(

That just means I'll have to customize one I guess... :D

First 500 exclusives include a bloody sword (which I will again be adding myself :D).

Let the scalping begin... :D

Again, i dont' think this one will be NEAR as popular as the polystone...the "depaired" look of this one isn't near as cool looking as the action pose of the polystone statue...i

conan said:
Armored Berserk Armor Guts is available for 9800 yen on AOW.co now...

Looks decent, but the PVC is no where near as cool a pose as the polystone statue...

The right arm will be posable, so it can be positioned up or down and the sword is of course removable. the base is a simple black stand like the action figures included... :(

That just means I'll have to customize one I guess... :D

First 500 exclusives include a bloody sword (which I will again be adding myself :D).

Let the scalping begin... :D

Again, i dont' think this one will be NEAR as popular as the polystone...the "depaired" look of this one isn't near as cool looking as the action pose of the polystone statue...i

I agree completely. They could have make SOME sort of base. Bases make a huge difference, and just that round piece of plastic ain't gonna cut it.

The option of moving the right arm is cool, but not really something that I particularly care for. I rather them just make a better sculpt than for it to be customizable.

Anyhow, I'm still debating... I must act soon though, if I want the exclusive. =/

conan

Until next time...
Like I said in another post, this will be imported to the USA by Yamato USA in November/ Dec and retail for approx. $80.oo, $20.oo LESS than the Japanese retail.

No exclusives then of course, but still a better deal in terms of cost for the statue.

I'll have a regular version in late July for a review for www.Figures.com and www.CoolJapaneseToys.com. I'll take a ton of pics with and without the cape and I'll make sure to post a link to the review here...

I think it's worth $80.oo since I'm a completeist and only collecting the PVCs and action figures. Though I still think an action figure of this guy would have been better...

and what's up with retailing the Birth Feast PVC (battle damaged) for only $50.oo srp and this one for twice that?!? The Berserk Armor PVC doesn't even include a base (as already said)!!! WTF?!?

I'll get it, but I'll have to make a custom base w/ grass or demon heads or something and I'll have to bloody my own damn sword since there's no way I'm gonna order the exclusive and pay all those fees...

Ok someone help me out here. This is the first time I've ordered off the Hobby Link Japan site. I put in an order for that Zodd statue coming soon. I filled out all the info and such, but it didnt ask me to input any payment info. Then I got an email saying "Order confirmed" and it will be updated on the 20th with an ID# and such. Can I update and can check my payment method then? or did I miss something?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Hippie said:
Then I got an email saying "Order confirmed" and it will be updated on the 20th with an ID# and such. Can I update and can check my payment method then? or did I miss something?

They'll ask for it later on, they're very flexible with payment. Of course you can update your account with your CC information at any time. Don't hesitate to check their F.A.Q. for more info.

Ya I did. That part just kinda threw me for a loop :) I still cant edit anything until I get a buyer ID #, which they said would be monday.

conan

Until next time...
HLJ.com is the best importer of Japanese stuff I've EVER ordered from, and I have been a customer of theirs since I first started buying the original 199X Xebec/ Kaiyodo Fist of the NOrth Star Figs back in 1998.

They are super dependable and reliable.

I suggest adding a CC to your account. They will charge it automatically when your order arrives and send it out ASAP. If you don't, you will more than likely have to pay via Paypal or other method and you will not get the first shipment of figures/collectibles that they get...

just my .02 worth...

I expect my Berserk Armor Guts PVC statue to arrive late July from them, which is right when AOW says they'll be shipping....

conan

Until next time...
I think people are going to be MAJORLY disappointed w/ the Zodd PVC statue (that comes with the base of the Tower of Cond).

I saw it at SDCC along w/ the Bererker Armor PVC and it was in scale w/ the mini figures...seriously...

it stands, from base to top of the Zodd horns 7", thus the figure itself is only about 6" wide (wing tip to wing tip) and 5" long (nose to tail). It is TINY! The 7" is how high off of the stand/base it is, not the scale of the figure...
guess I figured it'd be bigger, especially since the Zoddo PVC I got (the first one) was HUGE and in scale w/ the 8" figures...

On a good note, I saw the Berserker PVC and it looks pretty good IMO. Not great, but good. I cancelled my order through HLJ.com and will wait for Yamato USA to import it to the USA, where it'll be retailing for around $70 or $80.oo max. I have a feeling it'll be on Ebay for less than $60.oo by Christmas...it's great looking and captures Guts' tire and weary after the fight look well, but it's not worth the $100.oo AOW is asking...

I'll probably get it in Nov when it's set to come out for around $70.oo...

Hey Conan,

Man, I wish I could have gone to SDCC! It must have been so much fun!

Anyways, thanks for the info on the Zoddo PVC statue. Yah, judging from the level of detail in the AOW pictures, I'm not surprised at all that the figure is so tiny. All in all, the figure is pretty disappointing, especially when I first heard about a FLYING ZODDO statue, man I was going nuts! And what's with the price? It's pretty damn expensive for something so small... ~sigh~

But that's good to hear about the Berserker PVC looking pretty good. I would like to see it in person too. You should have taken pictures! Or... would they not allow it???

DirectDK said:
Hey Conan,

Man, I wish I could have gone to SDCC! It must have been so much fun!

Anyways, thanks for the info on the Zoddo PVC statue. Yah, judging from the level of detail in the AOW pictures, I'm not surprised at all that the figure is so tiny. All in all, the figure is pretty disappointing, especially when I first heard about a FLYING ZODDO statue, man I was going nuts! And what's with the price? It's pretty damn expensive for something so small... ~sigh~

But that's good to hear about the Berserker PVC looking pretty good. I would like to see it in person too. You should have taken pictures! Or... would they not allow it???

http://photos.figures.com/photo/1/showgallery.php?cat=3079

:)

I wonder who took those pics....hmm
"User: crowinghorse"

:p.

Thanks Stiler, for the link. That's pretty interesting though. According to one of the pictures, you can order a Wyald AOW resin statue at the booth! I wonder what THAT is all about!

conan

Until next time...
Doug, the Yamato USA rep and THE MAN to know if you are looking for Berserk stuff in the USA, said they were importing only 40 of the statues Wyald statues to the USA and you could order one at the booth and have it sent to you in the next month.

I didn't as I had NO MONEY, but someone looking for that statue had the opportunity. If you are still interested in ordering one, I could probably talk to Doug and find out how to get it...

YUP, I took ALL of those pics, though I wish I had had better light and less people around. We were in a hurry and my boss (who doesn't appriciate Berserk like I do!) said we had to go...so I took a few hurried shots and planned to come back, but never got the chance...

The left eye of the Berserker PVC supposedly glows in the dark, though it is pretty hard to see from the angle in the pics...

The PVC Berserker is gonna be pretty limited in the USA as they had what sounds like an overstock of the Battle Damaged Birth Feast PVC statues...
Look for only around 400 or a few more in the USA, which is pretty low run if you ask me...(around 2,000 Battle Damaged PVCs were brought stateside last year).

No news on the Berserker action figure, though it sounds like we could see it as soon as Christmas/ New Years...though I think more like next spring/ summer...

hope the pics helped...

conan said:
Doug, the Yamato USA rep and THE MAN to know if you are looking for Berserk stuff in the USA, said they were importing only 40 of the statues Wyald statues to the USA and you could order one at the booth and have it sent to you in the next month.

I didn't as I had NO MONEY, but someone looking for that statue had the opportunity.  If you are still interested in ordering one, I could probably talk to Doug and find out how to get it...

You have email address for him by chance?

conan said:

Odd he told me 30 pieces were being brought into the U.S. *shrugs*

They had 2 at the show one for display and one to sell. The one to sell I purchased and it is on it's way to my office on a pallet with some company stuff. When I get it here I'm going to take some pics and show you guys the surprise. :carcus:

I don't really know why people are so surprised with the size of the flying Zodd. His dimensions were clearly listed on AoWs page.

conan

Until next time...
Congrats on the Wyald statue...

There maybe only 30 coming in...depending on how many people buy it...

Berserk is really losing popularity in USA right now. W/ no anime or cartoon to support it on TV at the moment, a manga that comes out every OTHER month from Dark HOrse, and a small but loyal cult following; Berserk looks like it's going to the wayside here in the states...

I spoke for quite a while w/ Tetsuya Nakashima, the sales dept. manager over at Yamato (Yamato Group- both USA and Japan) and he said there is less and less Berserk coming stateside, though Yamato USA will try to put out at least a few of everything that Yamato Japan does as well (reason for small #s on the Berserker PVC).

I DO have his email, but you can get an email you can use off of the Yamato USA website. Sorry, business contacts don't get given out on public forums....

I just preordered the Berserker Armor PVC from Treasure Island yesterday for $75.oo shipped. Not bad, though I have to wait until November to get it. Early Christmas gift from my wife... :D

The size of the Flying Zodd seems small because, even w/ the dimensions on the description, the figure SHOULDN'T be that small...Zodd should never be that tiny IMO... :D He should be HUGE!

I have the PVC figure that came out a few years ago, so I'm passing on the flying Zodd, but i was expecting something more I guess...though it would look great if you only collected the mini figs and were looking for something in scale w/ those...

Top Bottom