Highlander anime

http://www.legendaryheroes.com/c.309960/site/Highlander/highlander.html

In revenge, patience is a virtue.

And after a few thousand years,
Colin MacLeod doesn't give a damn about virtue...

After four films and two successful television series, you've never seen the HIGHLANDER like this. MacLeod returns with a vengeance in an animated feature length epic!

In the tradition of "Vampire Hunter D" and "Ninja Scroll," anime wizard Yoshiaki Kawajiri brings his unique visual bravura to the immortal "Highlander" franchise. For the first time, the MacLeod katana blade will find itself in the hands of a Japanese master.

Looks to be pretty cool.  I enjoyed VHD:Bloodlust and Ninja Scroll so I should enjoy this. Follow the above link for a teaser trailer.

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
  Highlander goes from a masterpice, to utter crap.  Let's just hope that this Japanese flavor spices up the storyine a bit.  But I have to admit that having Yoshiaki in charge, brings out my interest. Thanks again Dwarfy.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
God, how much I dislike this character design... Anyway, the trailer makes it look like a totally generic futuristic-world with a new-age katana-wielding-dude anime to me.

Not sure using the Highlander franchise was necessary here, oh well.

PS: Yeah, the animation does look good at least.

Oltobaz

Cancer no Deathmask
Actually there used to be this futuristic crappy Highlander cartoon...but this anime looks pretty damn cool.
By the by, anybody ever played the Jaguar game?

Oltobaz

Cancer no Deathmask
Psymont 2.0 said:
the last highlander movie was by far one of the most ridiculous things i have ever seen... ever

I enjoyed it. But you should check Highlander 2, quite possibly the worst movie I ever saw, so bad
its own director came to acknowledge its shittiness, wishing he'd never had done it in the first place.

Hmmm, I dunno about this, but yes the animation does look pretty good, and if the same guy behind Ninja scroll, and VHD: Bloodlust is doing it, then there is atleast some hope.

"Highlander" is a cool concept, even though it was wasted in the movies....I think there should be something new this time, new characters and new places... but I would prolly watch it anyway, since I enjoyed the tv series...

I don't know if it was wasted if there are millions of fans of the Highlander series. It's just beyond some people's tastes. Personally, I liked the first movie. The second had way too many conflicting storylines with the first. It probably should have been a stand-alone. I never saw the third, I heard it was ass, and never heard of the fourth. The TV series bored me.

I agree that if they push it weeeell into the future, this anime has some serious potential to be pretty damn good. I'm just curious as to what his objective will be. The normal "Highlander" theme? Find immortals, kill them, proceed to the quickening? A UNIVERSAL quickening? Now that could be interesting. Immortals of alien races; champions of their planets' quickenings. Hmmm...?

Top Bottom