Beherit Colors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could someone tell me what the confirmed Beherit colors are? I know of the red one Griffith carried, and the green one that Guts picked up from the snake lord. I'm sure there are many different colors of beherit in the Berserk universe, but what colors have been encountered (and thus confirmed as true) in the storyline so far? I have yet to read the manga, but I am curious.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Well there's the crimson beherit, the green beherit that Guts carries, and the blue beherit that we can see in the Berserk DC game. That's all as far as I can remember. Theorically "normal" beherits could be any color but red I guess... The manga isn't going to help you a lot with this, since it's black and white.

I would say theres only green and red, but its rather irrelevant since the manga is, as said, black and white...

But another thing Ive been curious about, is the crimson behelit smaller than the "normal" behelits?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
-Player- said:
I would say theres only green and red, but its rather irrelevant since the manga is, as said, black and white...

Yeah, it's rather irrelevant indeed.

-Player- said:
But another thing Ive been curious about, is the crimson behelit smaller than the "normal" behelits?

No?

I understand that the manga is in black and white, but there is still an idea of what the creator has in mind for the coloring. Everyone seems to know what the hair/eye/armor/etc color is for most other things in the series, I was just curious as to the coloring of the beherits.

I'm interested in making one of my own. Does the beherit's face stay the same throughout the manga, or does it move around? Is it different on the different types of beherits?

Aazealh said:

Ya, ive noticed that a normal behelit, which Guts carries almost fills his palm, but the crimson one is abt half a palm in size, but then again maybe its just the perspective that changes, its hand-drawn after all...

Caldus said:
I'm interested in making one of my own. Does the beherit's face stay the same throughout the manga, or does it move around? Is it different on the different types of beherits?

Ive noticed that the crimson beherit that Griff has is different from the one Guts gets later, its eyes and mouth are in different places, but i wouldnt worry too much abt it, since they look the same when they are opened :)

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Caldus said:
I understand that the manga is in black and white, but there is still an idea of what the creator has in mind for the coloring. Everyone seems to know what the hair/eye/armor/etc color is for most other things in the series

Everybody knows about the characters because there are color illustrations depicting them. Nobody expected Schierke's hair to be green before we first saw it. My previous post contains all the information there is on the subject.

Caldus said:
Does the beherit's face stay the same throughout the manga, or does it move around? Is it different on the different types of beherits?

Beherits are sentient, so they look at people at times, or are disturbed by some events (Incarnation ceremony, Slan's appearance in the Qliphoth, or Puck fooling around with "his"). Their features also vary in the manga as -Player- said, Rochine's beherit is different from Guts', for example.

-Player- said:
but then again maybe its just the perspective that changes, its hand-drawn after all...

Yes, take Guts' beherit, its size varies through the manga. While it's true that Griffith's beherit looks definitely smaller, it's not relevant IMHO.

DarkDragoon

Kuro no mahoutsukai
I'd say that the size differences are just unintentional illistration variations. Guts' sword has been different sizes as well.

As far as different colored behelits, I'm planning to customize one of the AOW ones into this:

PurpleBehelit09.jpg

PurpleBehelit14.jpg

PurpleBehelit02.jpg

Hopefully my spray painting skills will be good enough.

Aazealh said:
Everybody knows about the characters because there are color illustrations depicting them.
I've not seen these illustrations, which is why I asked. I do not know what the published color illustrations are.

I guess I'll just wing it on the size.

Caldus said:
I've not seen these illustrations, which is why I asked. I do not know what the published color illustrations are.

There are color illustrations on the covers of the manga... and sometimes there are some extras included with more color...

Aazealh said:
Well there's the crimson beherit, the green beherit that Guts carries, and the blue beherit that we can see in the Berserk DC game.

Well, in terms of AOW products (and I believe that AOW products are made under the supervision of Kentarou Miura???), there are 3 behelit colors released so far:

-RED (pendants, YA 1:1 exclusive, puck xmas set)
-GREEN (YA 1:1 exclusive, puck xmas set)
-BLUE (casca: episode of birth feast pendant)

That probably doesn't say much, but I just thought I'd put my 2 cents in.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
DirectDK said:
I believe that AOW products are made under the supervision of Kentarou Miura???

Well, AOW claimed that he supervised some of them (everything's relative though), and I think they have to submit their ideas/concepts to his approval, but I doubt him to have the time to check everything thoroughly (or to be willing to, for that matter, though you never know with perfectionists like him).

TheSkyTraveller

Monster adventures on the high seas!
Aazealh said:
Well, AOW claimed that he supervised some of them (everything's relative though), and I think they have to submit their ideas/concepts to his approval, but I doubt him to have the time to check everything thoroughly (or to be willing to, for that matter, though you never know with perfectionists like him).

Well, according to the olive Beherit that came with the Armored Berserk exclusive, which is 1:1 scale:
bigB.jpg

Either my hand is really small, or Guts' hand is fuckin' huge, or they just made it too big. =)

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
TheSkyTraveller said:
Either my hand is really small, or Guts' hand is fuckin' huge, or they just made it too big. =)

Not according to that shot at the end of VOLUME ONE!!1!1 Didn't they advertise the beherit pendants as being on a 1:1 scale too back then anyway? I think they just claim whatever they feel like, then wait to see if Hakusensha (after an anonymous denunciation by a certain Kentarou M.) breaks hell loose on them. ::)

PS: That beherit looks gross anyway.

TheSkyTraveller said:
Well, according to the olive Beherit that came with the Armored Berserk exclusive, which is 1:1 scale:

LOL, nicee you got one of the Exclusive Armored Berserk statues. =) IMO, I think AOW's 1:1 scale is a bit big too. I can't imagine a 1:1 kuri puck being able to pick up that behelit like he does in the manga.

Well, Guts IS a big guy.....and the shot at the end of volume 1 it was sitting on a shrine and all...looked pretty big to me, not to be rude but I could careless how big/ what color they are though, all it matters to me is what it symbolizes and what it can do..... and the only one that color really matters is the crimson behelit

TheSkyTraveller: Wow... that certainly looks huge compared to your hand. What are the dimensions on it? [edit: It being the beherit, not your hand. *lol*]

Is Griffith's red beherit the only one that's made into a pendant?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Zelz said:
Well, Guts IS a big guy.....and the shot at the end of volume 1 it was sitting on a shrine and all...looked pretty big to me, not to be rude but I could careless how big/ what color they are though

Not to be rude but you're just repeating what I already said. As for Guts being a big guy, he's not Grunberd either...

DirectDK said:
Nope, the blue one that comes with the Casca statue is a pendant.

Yeah, and it's a pendant in the DC game, too.

SK's special sword is made of Behlits and the TCG card of it depicts as blue meaning it's made of blue behlits. But the video game shows it differently.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
DirectDK said:
Well... in terms of the AOW pendants, yes they are the exact same size.

And again, in the DC game the blue beherit pendant has the same size than Griffith's own beherit, proportionally to the characters.

dwarfkicker said:
SK's special sword is made of Behlits and the TCG card of it depicts as blue meaning it's made of blue behlits.

It's blue and greenish (there are various subtile tones with a majority of turquoise). Doesn't mean much in regard to what was already said IMHO, except that Miura may or may not have validated it. It seems right to me overall though.

dwarfkicker said:
But the video game shows it differently.

Yeah, shining and sort of multicolor (a touch of blue and green, and a lot of red), with a white-grey mellatic dominant. Looked cool in the game but I'd be inclined to go with Konami's art rather than the PS2 game's.

Stream

Inousha
Question:

Crimson beherit, the one Griffith has, is ONE and ONLY, right?

But, what about other God Hand members? What about their Beherits?
Are they of the usual colors, who can be found on many Beherits?
Or do you think they're somehow special as well?

Just um checking out this info... I'm to make one beherit pendant for myself, and can't really decide which color.
It obviously can't be crimson, since I'm giving one to my friend.
(and I wouldn't want the crimson one, anyway..)

So I was trying to guess what would, for example, Slan's beherit be like... But it's not of major importance.

I'd be happy to hear some wise opinions on this one :SK:tnx.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Stream said:
Crimson beherit, the one Griffith has, is ONE and ONLY, right?

That's likely, but not certain by any means.

Stream said:
But, what about other God Hand members? What about their Beherits?

Either they used the same beherit (passed on through centuries), or if we consider that each of them had a unique one, then they all had a one-use red beherit (less likely than the first choice). Crimson beherit(s) are for God Hand members, other ones are for apostles. It's really not that hard to get.

Stream said:
So I was trying to guess what would, for example, Slan's beherit be like... But it's not of major importance.

I'd be happy to hear some wise opinions on this one

It would be red, of course. And that's not my opinion, it's a fact. :SK:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom