What're you guys doing over your summer break?

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
Tell Me Why said:
hahaha, summer break? I dont have summer breaks anymore. Thus is the fate when you have to work.

The last time I had a summer break was about 6 years ago. Man that sucks... :'(

Vaxillus

The one and only severed head
Hopefully get a summer job, and get ready for college. I'm also hoping to start an online comic, and have already started, but have recently been bogged down with a certain coloration project.

By the way, I've always wondered where you guys get those colored pictures of the Berserk manga. Do you color them yourselves? I'd really like one of those . . .

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Tell Me Why said:
By the way, I've always wondered where you guys get those colored pictures of the Berserk manga. Do you color them yourselves? I'd really like one of those . . .

Here be what you seek: http://www.skullknight.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=4512.0

I gave you one preemptively.

PS: If you meant something else like what people post in Creation Station, then of course they color them themselves. Otherwise there are various official color posters and Berserk artbooks.

I shall be a camp counselor, an employee at a law firm (part time but year round), read Plato's Republic (I've meant to do that for two summers), hang with friends and most importantly: GET A SHARP $700 SWORD. All in all a relatively lazy summer.

Rage Incarnate said:
and most importantly: GET A SHARP $700 SWORD.
I guess if you are going to hurt yourself, it may as well be an expensive sword. Bragging rights:
"Hey man, what happened to your hand?!"
"This? Oh, I just cut my finger off with a $700 katana I got last summer."
;)

I just finished my last exam for the year so my summer break just started...i'll probably just be lazy like I always do

Azn He-Man666

Was it you who killed my companions,one after one?
Working in a warehouse packaging and loading clothes/shoes for shipment to stores, and nightschool.

All in all, a ruined summer.

Vaxillus

The one and only severed head
Walter said:
Just got back from Paris and Kenya. Met Olivier.  Now I'm maxin relaxin.
Why's all the cool stuff in France? How can I be a proper, French hating American (reffering to the U.S. of course) now? Same with Canada. Come to think of it, the U.S. of A. kinda sucks right now. The world is so cruel :'(.

Vaxillus said:
Why's all the cool stuff in France? How can I be a proper, French hating American (reffering to the U.S. of course) now? Same with Canada. Come to think of it, the U.S. of A. kinda sucks right now. The world is so cruel :'(.
Start listening to Toby Keith. ::)

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Me and Aaz tried huntng him down with directions off mapquest. They weren't perfect, but we managed to get his street correct. That's about it though. So after hanging out for a bit and looking at everyone on the street wondering... "that looks like an Olivier," I staged a few scenarios where we passed strangers and I'd blurt out "WHY'D THEY HAVE TO KILL JODO?!" or "Olivier Hague, El Traductor, I choose you!" Trying to draw him out. But that didnt work, or even phase the passing strangers (French people are used to stupid americans). So, we had to find a phone booth (some of the last in the world, mind you), and get him on the phone. Success:

"Olivier Hague?"
"Oui."
"It's Walter! Ya know, from SKnet!"
"......Qua? W-What?"
"I flew across the Atlantic to find you! Let's go have a drink!"
"Um... who?"

Eventually, I handed the phone to Aaz and he talked him down using some fancy French. We were to meet on his street. After walking around it for a few minutes to no avail, we finally turned a corner and saw a young man standing on the opposite corner next to... an attractive female. This couldn't be him 8) But just before me and Aaz were about to pass them, I saw him waggling his eyebrows at the girl, then half-rolling his eyes. This had to be him! And it was.
"Olivier Hague?"
"Oui," this time with a smile. After shaking hands (no hugging :'( ) We all walked down a few blocks to a cafe. One of the first things I did was explain to him that Paradise Lost got banned about 10 minutes after Olivier deleted himself. Assuring him justice was served. He smiled and nodded, "Thats good." Olivier and Aazealh talked in French while me and his female friend talked as we headed to the cafe.

Once there, I ordered a vodka w/ orange juice and everyone else followed my lead 8). I chugged mine. Olivier was very shy at first, but after he realized I wasn't there to be an asshole, he opened up. He was very, very cool. Hipster cool. Hoewver, conversation mostly circulated around nerdy things: Berserk (yes, he'd kept up with the latest episodes), Vagabond, the looming Evangelion live-action movie ;D and american/french social system differences (the state pays for your college tuition?!).

At the end, I asked and of course, he really didn't want his picture taken. So, for personal reference and rememberance, I made a really horrible sketch that no one except me will approve of. And no, I'm not posting it. As we parted, I yelled back, "See you on SKnet soon, right?!"
"Hahaha maybe?" And I'm still waiting.

Franz

It's a dolphin.
Walter said:
At the end, I asked and of course, he really didn't want his picture taken. So, for personal reference and rememberance, I made a really horrible sketch that no one except me will approve of.   And no, I'm not posting it.

Because it looks like this?

liger.jpg

Back to topic, I don't really have a summer break. I've started working at a studio called The Cannery which has been a dream job of mine for about a year, so I'm very happy working there so far. This weekend I will be attending Anime Expo 05 though, so that's probably the only real break I get.

Top Bottom