Episode 258

Title: 帰巣 - Homing

05v13.jpg

Man I never thought I'd start one of these ;D

I would translate "帰巣”(きそう) as "The Return Home".

帰 = to return, to come back

巣 = nest (as in a bird's nest)

It seems appropriate for the Hawk of Light to return to its 'nest'.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
dwarfkicker said:
Man I never thought I'd start one of these ;D

第258話 千年帝国の鷹篇 鷹都の章 帰巣

http://www.younganimal.com/berserk/sp/img/05v13.jpg

And what a one to start! :eek:

Fuuuuuhhhhck, it's like the ONLY worthwhile preview EVER, congrats. =)

yota821 said:
I would translate "帰巣”(きそう) as "The Return Home". 

帰 = to return, to come back

巣 = nest (as in a bird's nest)

It seems appropriate for the Hawk of Light to return to its 'nest'. 

Also appropriate considering Sonja's rampant bird analogies from a few episodes ago, especially as it's her homecoming.

CnC

Ad Oculos
same outfit makes me wonder if he ever has to do laundry...

...but seriously...

...gurifisu-sama!!!

"Griffith No More!" said:
And what a one to start! :eek:

Fuuuuuhhhhck, it's like the ONLY worthwhile preview EVER, congrats. =)

Also appropriate considering Sonja's rampant bird analogies from a few episodes ago, especially as it's her homecoming.

I wholeheartedly agree.

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
Wow... I feel fulfilled by a preview... IS THIS AN OMEN, GRIFFITH?! IS IT?!!?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member

Indeed. And as far as the title goes, I think "homing" or "homecoming" is appropriate.

rick said:
so does this mean griffith is returning to midland?

Griffith was in Wyndham not so long ago, and it's Midland's capital. It refers to Sonja coming back to the Neo Hawks, IMHO.

SaiyajinNoOuji said:
I think you're looking to much into it. ;)

Ditto. It's just otherworldly beautiful hair xech. ;)

Creative speech bubble. =)

Exactly what I was thinking!!

Anyway, it's amazing that a simple picture of Griffith can cause such a stir among you people. Maybe I'm not jittering with excitement [as much] because I've only recently caught up with releases, and thus, Griffith's last appearance in the manga seems pretty recent to me. But now that I think about it, Griffith's last appearance was probably about 4 or 5 volumes ago (rough estimate based on my horrible memory; please don't kill me if my estimate is off  :-[), which equates to about 3 or 4 years ago!!  :eek:

You guys have reason to be excited ;).

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
krumm47 said:
now that I think about it, Griffith's last appearance was probably about 5 or 6 volumes ago, which equates to about 3 or 4 years ago  :eek: .

He appeared in volume 27, when he rescued Charlotte from Ganishka. But it had been a while since we saw him before that, and the story didn't focus on him for long last time (just during episode 235, basically).

Aazealh said:
He appeared in volume 27, when he rescued Charlotte from Ganishka. But it had been a while since we saw him before that, and the story didn't focus on him for long last time (just during episode 235, basically).

Haha, after editing my post to hopefully reduce the possible chance of error (from 5-6 volumes, to 4-5 volumes) I was still a bit out  ::).  Ah well...

Homing? I could understand homecoming, but homing? As in homing missile? As in homing beacon? As in homing..............in? Maybe I'm just too pragmatic or something, I'm just not too comfortable using 'homing' as a title. Maybe 'homing nest' or something.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
yota821 said:
Homing?  I could understand homecoming, but homing?  As in homing missile?  As in homing beacon?

As in homing instinct or homing pigeon. Like for birds.

Homing \Hom"ing\, a.
adj: Orienting or directing homeward or to a destination; Home-returning;

The term is used for birds specifically, it fits the context quite well IMHO.

^^Hmmm, pretty cool. But since it's an adjective, it's kinda weird for it to be used alone. Not that I'm complaining or anything.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
yota821 said:
^^Hmmm, pretty cool.  But since it's an adjective, it's kinda weird for it to be used alone.   Not that I'm complaining or anything.

Well, it embodies pretty well the feeling of "returning home" while adding a birdish connotation to it (and it's concise, too). It's true that using it alone would be weird since it's an adjective though; I thought of it more as a gerund actually, I'm not sure whether it can be used that way or not.

EDIT:
puella said:
It's also a noun.

Ah well then, I guess it's fine.

The Lamb

Luncheable!
I think our eye is supposed to follow Griffith up from his boots all the way to the clouds, via his cloudy hair. :)

Vaxillus

The one and only severed head
Aazealh said:
homing pigeon
I hear their was a program to train pigeons to guide missiles by pecking the target on a sreen, but the training was too expensive for a one use pigeon.

Anyway, that is a great preview. Griffith's hair does seem a bit untextured for one of Miura's drawings though.

Top Bottom