Episode 258

nostyleart

Quixotic
Vaxillus said:
I hear their was a program to train pigeons to guide missiles by pecking the target on a sreen, but the training was too expensive for a one use pigeon.

Anyway, that is a great preview.  Griffith's hair does seem a bit untextured for one of Miura's drawings though.

thats probably cause theres text in it...

Looks like it'll be a great volume. By the way, has Guts ever met Griffith since he got the Berserker's Armor? I don't remember much. It's been a long time since I've read the previous episodes.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
"Homing" , "Homecoming", "Homeward Bound", anyway you slice it, this looks to be the episode I've been waiting for :)

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Vaxillus said:
I hear their was a program to train pigeons to guide missiles by pecking the target on a sreen, but the training was too expensive for a one use pigeon.

Great. There's also an IP Over Avian Carriers protocol, it's the RFC 1149.

nostyleart said:

Yeah, right.

Walter said:
"Homing" , "Homecoming", "Homeward Bound", anyway you slice it, this looks to be the episode I've been waiting for  :)

It's indeed promising, although I doubt the story to focus on Griffith for long this time, it's too early considering the events going on in Vritannis with Guts and co in my opinion. I think we might switch sides for a while once they finally set off to Elfhelm.

Vaxillus said:
That's just speculation.

And he used the word "probably"...

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
Aazealh said:
Great. There's also an IP Over Avian Carriers protocol, it's the RFC 1149.

I also hear that to use this protocol, you have you to have the ID10-T form filled out.

Anyways, im awaiting to see Griffith come strolling into town. I also wonder who else is going to be with him other then Sonja.. perhaps a down in the dumps Grunbeld? ;D I suppose time will only tell.

Great preview, but can't help to think that the preview page will be on the final few pages of the episode, still very excited to see him back.

S

Some Guy

YES! ;D

I've been waiting for the focus to bet back the the Band of the Hawk since Charlotte's rescue.

Freddy C said:
but can't help to think that the preview page will be on the final few pages of the episode

I don't think so, all of the previews I've seen were in the first half of the episode, and I doubt this will be an exception

Not to 'oversymobolize' (whatever), but it seems that Griffith is looking forward, and that may also mean doing a step forward again. I expect some serieus action (the long awaited attack?)...

what did Miura mean with the cloudy hairstyle anyway..? :)

Yaayy. I wonder how the episode previews are done. Does an assistant pick a panel and then white out the dialogue. Seems that way as mentioned by others here before...

Anyway nice to see a preview that generates more excitement than usual....

Aazealh said:
It's indeed promising, although I doubt the story to focus on Griffith for long this time, it's too early considering the events going on in Vritannis with Guts and co in my opinion. I think we might switch sides for a while once they finally set off to Elfhelm.

I agree but then again Miura has dropped obvious plot lines for others only to bring them together a few episodes later. I think it also gives him a little chance to work on something new... change of pace :)

Mizar

Œ©‰Ž•·‚©‰ŽŒ¾‚퉎
Aazealh said:
nostyleart said:

Yeah, right.

pucky1fs.jpg

Special Bonus question: from which volume is this image? You receive extra points if you give the correct page number as well. :D

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
SaiyajinNoOuji said:
I also hear that to use this protocol, you have you to have the ID10-T form filled out.

Hahah, well I know it was used at least once. ;D

MaN said:
I wonder how the episode previews are done. Does an assistant pick a panel and then white out the dialogue.

They're probably just selected from raw panels and sent to Hakusensha. And I'd think that Miura chooses them himself.

Mizar said:
Special Bonus question: from which volume is this image? You receive extra points if you give the correct page number as well. :D

Volume 1, page 77.

CnC

Ad Oculos
people are reading too much into the cloudy hair. Its style, baby, style...

people are missing the bigger question here...

Do reincarnated god hands need haircuts?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
It's nice to actually see Irvine talking. A lot of talking goes on in this episode actually, I bet a lot of people will complain. :p Seems to focus on the Charlotte/Sonja rivalry. I was actually surprised to see Charlotte dressed as a commoner, making a cake and all, I really didn't expect that. It's sort of logical though, going by the Neo Hawks' way of life (plus they're on a campaign).

PS: Irvine = Judo!?!? :eek:

Well, now it's confirmed: Griffith's hair is NOT a speech bubble.  ::)

Now, onto more pressing matters, the next episode is seemingly coming on the 22nd of July. Another break?! Gee... (Background information: The 22nd of July is my birthday  ;D)

Anyway, can't wait for a translation. It shall be awesome.  :)

puella

Berserk forever
"Griffith No More!" said:
http://www.skullknight.net/griffith/judoremix.jpg

Totally.

Griffith, I had thought you did a photoshop job (the guitar...but it was a real thing) before I checked the episode!
Sorry, I have a very crappy sight and I'm careless as well. ;D

Anyway, Irvine called himself "a hunter". Interesting.

mahlernut

I call the big one Bitey!
Woland said:
Wow, Irvine actually seems...nice.

Of course, so does Griffith ;) And that never ceases to creep me out XD

Nice episode, and good to see some nice character moments for Irvine, though the thought of another month-long break makes me sad.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
The color poster was an illustration used in the TCG, it's very nice and fitting but I honestly was expecting something new. Can't blame Miura after all the paintings he did for the TCG though, I just wish an artbook would come out. We'll probably have to wait at least until next year.

Woland said:
Wow, Irvine actually seems...nice.

Yup, despite having creepy Rochine-like eyes on page 15 (and not just plain white).

BiQ_

" ... "
Wow. Really good stuff. Thanks. :) About time we got to see these guys again. Charlotte seems to be changing somehow. Or maybe it's just me, surprised to see the former princess do things that are normally done by peasant women. Of course, it's the situation they are in right now and there's nothing to be really surprised about but it still makes for a weird (not a bad way) feeling to actually see it.

... but it's a month-long wait again before the next one... :( Well, when the art is as fantastic as Berserk's, there's no point in wanting to hurry it.

Top Bottom