Episode 258

Azn He-Man666

Was it you who killed my companions,one after one?
Vaxillus said:
Maybe we'll see a Irvine/Sonja relationship form, not romantic but perhaps like protective father figure and vulnerable daughter? 
Somehow I doubt it, Irvine so far at least seems like too much of a lone badass to really form that kind've relationship with Sonja. Granted he'd probably protect her if she were threatened(ala Grunbeld protecting her and Mule) but I don't think it will go beyond that. Sure he's a nice guy, and even Guts the original lone badass has his own little posse, but I don't think the hunter is out to form a relationship of any sort right now.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Wah wah wah said:
he'd probably protect her if she were threatened(ala Grunbeld protecting her and Mule)

Well, it's actually Irvine that saved Mule back then. ;)

Vaxillus

The one and only severed head
MaN said:
And as for dropping story lines and picking other ones .Its seems as if he doesn't want us to forget any character for too long. Apprearance of Azan out of the blue and then disappearing back into the black seems to follow this pretty well.
I have a feeling Azan will make an appearance in the city when it's attacked. Maybe he'll even join Guts' band.

nostyleart

Quixotic
Vaxillus said:
I have a feeling Azan will make an appearance in the city when it's attacked.  Maybe he'll even join Guts' band.

now thats something i look forward to. maybe even guts forming a little army of his own..?

IgnusDei

mmh-hmm good.
I always liked to imagine that he does raise one of his own, with his current little gang as the officers.

although i believe that Guts covertly thwarting griffith would be preferable (from an author's POV) to him leading an army. It's been done to death, already.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
IgnusDei said:
I always liked to imagine that he does raise one of his own, with his current little gang as the officers.
Guts doesn't need an army. He is one.

handsome rakshas

Thanks Grail!
AMAZING EPISODE!
Irvine playing an apostle banjo?
BRILLIANT!
Getting to know Irvine on a personal level?
INTERESTING!
Griffith enjoying a piece of cake?
DELICIOUS!

Great episode but WHERE"S THE 'SHAS?

tune in next time....

CnC

Ad Oculos
handsome rakshas said:
AMAZING EPISODE!
Irvine playing an apostle banjo?
BRILLIANT!
Getting to know Irvine on a personal level?
INTERESTING!
Griffith enjoying a piece of cake?
DELICIOUS!

Great episode but WHERE"S THE 'SHAS?

tune in next time....

funny review... I laughed at this one...

Good to see a switchover from Guts' story, though I hope it doesn't last too long as Guts' side is just reaching the climax, and I'd rather not wait a 5 months to find out how it ends up. It seems to early to tell what is going to happen with Griffith and his team at this point in time so I'm not going to make any indepth speculations seeing he was doing nothing but looking all hot and charismatic in this chapter.

In any case episode 257 ending with Guts; I don't believe it will last as long as last time before switching to Griffith's side because last time Guts's story was ended at a more appropriate time before showing the story more revolved around Griffith.

BTW Another month before the next episode again? "Sigh"

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Sparnage said:
Another month before the next episode again? "Sigh"

Actually since you guys are talking about it, here's an anecdotic story about the breaks I've been meaning to post for a while, it's a quote of Miura from the recently released Young Animal (#14, on July, 08th).

He had a small message publicated that was addressed to Eri-chin, a fellow mangaka, congratulating him for the 50th serialisation of the manga "Mitamura-kun". He said that while he spends his time thinking about details of Berserk such as Guts' repeating crossbow (he did mention it specifically), Eri-chin's manga progresses quickly and is becoming very popular. Then he added that Eri-chin doesn't take breaks and keeps producing good quality material, unlike some guy he knows but that he can't name (it's some sort of funny comment, he's obviously referring to himself).

He finished by saying that Eri-chin was a rare and outstanding mangaka, because while normally mangaka tend to represent some sort of ideal when drawing the other gender, he doesn't (Miura thinks that it's normally impossible for male mangaka to describe females like Eri-chin does). He said he wanted to take off his hat to his great talent, and told YA's editorial staff to encourage that kind of things.

Though it isn't very apparent in my summary, Miura's not thinking lightly of his breaks, and seems to be bothered by them. The fact he actually went through the trouble of mentioning it while congratulating another mangaka says a lot about it, IMHO.

R

-rob-

LOL I remember last month in that Live Chat thing on here I remember someone telling me Charlotte baked Griffith cookies. I thought for sure they were just fucking with me LOL I can't believe this actually happened...

Yeah though this was a great episode thanks to whoever translated it and posted the scans.

Top Bottom