Darkhorse brings us Vampire Hunter D

Vol 1
http://www.darkhorse.com/profile/profile.php?sku=10-583

Vol 2
http://www.darkhorse.com/profile/profile.php?sku=10-736

Wow this has definitly been a long time coming. I've been reading volume 1 and haven't gotten a chance to start this topic and all I can say is it's awesome. The movie was based off the first book and I can tell you it's very different from the movie. And it's better than the movie.

Apparently Darkhorse has acquired the rights to the first three novels it seems they are in the process of acquiring the rest.

Here's a place to get reviews and plot info from 15 of 16 volumes:
http://www.altvampyres.net/vhd/nov1.html

I'm nearly done volume 1 and I already can't wait to get my hands on volume 2.

Top ten selling manga:

1. Fruits Basket volume 9
2. D.N.Angel volume 8
3. Rurouni Kenshin volume 15
4. Vampire Hunter D
5. Fullmetal Alchemist volume 1
6. Bleach volume 7
7. YuYu Hakusho volume 7
8. Dragon Ball Z volume 20
9. Hana Kimi volume 6
10. Book of Bunny Suicides

Looks like Vampire Hunter D is quite popular maybe Darkhorse will bring the rest of Vampire Hunter D novels.

I haven't read Vampire Hunter D myself but I plan on buying it later on. Too busy right now with a bunch of manga (Hellsing, Vanguard, BlotI, Kare Kano and Sgt. Frog)and video games (MS3, Disgaea, Phantom Brave, La Pucelle Tatics, GT4, Star Ocean 3) it's summer after all. :p

Vaxillus

The one and only severed head
It says on the DH website that there are only 13 volumes, but your first post implies 16. ???

Dark horse are saying it's a Manga, I thought it was a novel. Excuse my ignorance on this topic, don't know much about VHD.

One Japanese Novel I want to get into is Guin Saga, I know where to get it but not sure if I can justify $40 for volume 1..... unless anyone has anything really good to say about it.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Sparnage said:
Dark horse are saying it's a Manga, I thought it was a novel. Excuse my ignorance on this topic, don't know much about VHD.

It's a series of novels with a few illustrations included.

Sparnage said:
One Japanese Novel I want to get into is Guin Saga, I know where to get it but not sure if I can justify $40 for volume 1..... unless anyone has anything really good to say about it.

Tried Amazon yet? ::)

Anyway, it's not bad, but it's not fabulously good either.

Nice link but it does not tell me anything. ANN says there are three books, aother site says 12, and other crazy numbers(17, 7, 10 ect)
I would just follow DH's site ;)

I'm gonna give you the titles to every book thus far.

Volume 1: Kyuuketsuki Hantaa "D" (Vampire Hunter "D")

Volume 2: Kaze Tachite "D" ("D" -- Raiser of Gales)

Volume 3: D -- Yousatsukou (D -- Demon Deathchase)

Volume 4: D -- Shigaitan (D -- Tale of the Dead City)

Volume 5: Yume Narishi D (D -- the Dreamt-of)

Volume 6: D -- Seima Henreki (D -- Pilgrimage of the Sacred Demon)

Volume 7: D -- Hokkai-Makou (D -- Demon Journey to the North Sea) 2 parts

D -- Kurai Nokutaan (D -- Dark Nocturne) not a volume / 3 short stories

Volume 8: D -- Baraki (D -- Rose Princess)

Volume 9: D -- Aojiroki Datenshi (D -- Pale Fallen Angels) 4 parts

Volume 10: D -- Souei no Kishi (D -- Twin-Shadowed Knight) 2 parts

Volume 11:  D -- Daaku Roodo (D -- Dark Road) 3 parts

Volume 12: D -- Jaoh Seidan (D -- Star Squad of the Evil Overlord) 4 parts

Volume 13: D -- Jajin Toride (D -- Fortress of the Elder God)

Volume 14: D -- Youhei Kaido (D -- Highway of the Enchanted Troops)

Volume 15: D -- Masenshou (D -- Account of the Demon Battle)

Volume 16: D -- Kettoufu

The guy who does the english translations told me the title of the 16th volume in an email, but sadly I know longer have it.  Vol 16 was recently released.  Sending it through babelfish translates it to D -- The Music of the Bloody War

That link I posted has a review for 15 of the 16 novels as well as the book of short stories.

cool on the books but what about the movies i have 1 and 2 of Vampire hunter D but have been hearing rumors on a 3rd movie can anyone back that up with fact??

I finished the first book the other night, it was so much better than the movie. Lots of things where different (and better). I own both movies, and would love to have a 3rd one. I can't wait for the second book to be released next month.

The first chapter for the second book makes you want it even more. The Vampire Hunter D story is just so awesome. And going by the reviews I linked to, they won't disappoint.

One of the cooler scenes in the book is when a large angry mob comes for Doris and D steps in and threatens to slaughter them all. That scene just owned.

dwarfkicker said:
The first chapter for the second book makes you want it even more.  The Vampire Hunter D story is just so awesome.  And going by the reviews I linked to, they won't disappoint.

One of the cooler scenes in the book is when a large angry mob comes for Doris and D steps in and threatens to slaughter them all.  That scene just owned.

Yeah he isnt quite in the books like he is in BloodLust , hes one bad mofo :guts:

Top Bottom