The Red Lake (volume 14)

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
coolerimmortal said:
Er...Not quite. For all intents and purposes the Holy See might as well be called the Vatican

Not quite what? In our world, I would tend to agree to simplify things, but not in Berserk. Also, please read the definitions you quote before actually posting next time:

Although the Holy See is closely associated with the Vatican City, the independent territory over which the Holy See is sovereign, the two entities are separate and distinct.

"The Vatican" refers to a physical place (in Italy) which doesn't exist in Berserk and thus it's incorrect to name it like that. Other places have been called the Holy See besides Vatican City in our world too. My previous post was actually already clear on that point. Miura uses a specific word that means "Holy See", so it's the Holy See, and these knights are called the Holy Iron Chain Knights. The end. FYI there are also no churches in Berserk, only temples.

Anyway, there are threads on the subject that explain the situation pretty well, it would have been nice of you to search for them instead of uselessly replying here. And I'd also advise you not to try to correct me using wikipedia definitions in the future, it's usually not a success.

This post refers to something a while back. It's about the prophecy. I always interpreted the 'white sheep' 'black sheep' part as the white sheep being the people, and the black sheep being Guts.

Maybe that's because I was basing it off of the Hawk's translations. Anyways, when they said "sinful black sheep" off the hawks' translation, it came to me that Guts, being the black swordsman, has alot of sins due to the life he's led. Guess the part about the black sheep being the apostles makes more sense, cause in my interpretation, that means Guts is doing what Griffith wants him to do. Anyone else had my interpretation?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
aquateenz said:
I always interpreted the 'white sheep' 'black sheep' part as the white sheep being the people, and the black sheep being Guts.

Well that's completely wrong as you know, the "black sheep" definitely refers to the apostles.

aquateenz said:
Guess the part about the black sheep being the apostles makes more sense, cause in my interpretation, that means Guts is doing what Griffith wants him to do.

Yeah, pretty much. Anyway, there shouldn't be any doubt about how to interpret it, it's a pity inaccurate translations confused you if that is indeed the case.

Top Bottom