How did God Hand feel about Griffith's rebirth?

Boonki

Christopher Lowell's Rainbow Six
I may have missed some of this in the manga, but I'm wondering a few things about Griffith's rebirth. Did/Do the God Hand care that Griffith wanted to be reborn to fulfill his dream? Didn't they say by becoming a God Hand he would fulfill his dream that way? Are they liars or was this part of Idea's plan? Did they ever show Griffith making a proposal to the God Hand? "Hello God Hand. I am here today to discuss a few things, one of which the incompletion of my dream. I feel the best way possibly to live out my dream is to be reborn and conquer the world." Do you think they agreed but there's some kinda deal he had to make to come back? Kinda give some idea of what happened to Skullknight, right? I dunno. Feedback please.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Re: How did God Hand feel about Griffith's rebirth

Something I said a few posts back. I think its just follow through logic that:

a) Idea said that whatever Griffiths actions were, they would benefit humanity.

b) If you want to speculate, compare Griffith to Gaiseric. Many parallels can be drawn from this comparison. One of which is that Gaiseric was (most likely) the 5th of the Hand at that time as well.

c) Look at God Hand not as competing forces, but forces that work together for fate as a whole. Griffith is acting as an agent of God Hand, while still completing his own dream (which of cource is foremost in his concerns, but nevertheless, he is an agent of GH).

Thats just my opinion. There didnt NEED to be a scene involving the discussion of "who gets to be _it_ this 1000 years" because its just follow through logic.

a) Idea said that whatever Griffiths actions were, they would benefit humanity.
"Benefit"? They _may_ benefit humanity, yes, but... That's not what the Idea said (and "Idea" isn't a name! ^^; ).
c) Look at God Hand not as competing forces, but forces that work together for fate as a whole.
So far... But I still get that feeling that Void knows more than the other God Hands (sans Femto)...
Thats just my opinion. There didnt NEED to be a scene involving the discussion of "who gets to be _it_ this 1000 years" because its just follow through logic.
And it would be cheesy and forced. ^_^;

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great

"Benefit"? They _may_ benefit humanity, yes, but... That's not what the Idea said (and "Idea" isn't a name! ^^; ).

then what do we call him?

So far... But I still get that feeling that Void knows more than the other God Hands (sans Femto)...

what ever happend o Void i havnt seen him around.

then what do we call him?

"The Idea" i think fits fairly well. since thats not a name, more of a title if anything...

what ever happend o Void i havnt seen him around.

we havent seen or heard from any of the God Hand lately. perhaps theyre still pulling the strings behind the scenes for Griff?

Chinmi

The best defense is a good offence!

When the God hand came to Griffith, it happen without Griffith calling them.  It was just mere concident that he fell in the river and the behilit was there.  

I wonder if Griffith had an option to decline the God's hand offer. What if Griffith told the God's hand to fuck off and take his ulgy ass friends with them?  They probably will kill them all, even if Griffith said no.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member

When the God hand came to Griffith, it happen without Griffith calling them.  It was just mere concident that he fell in the river and the behilit was there.  

I wonder if Griffith had an option to decline the God's hand offer. What if Griffith told the God's hand to fuck off and take his ulgy ass friends with them?  They probably will kill them all, even if Griffith said no.
how provocative......... ........................... ...

God Hand discussed what would happen, if you were paying close enough attention. Griffith would be living a lie by not accepting God Hands offer and therefore, not completing his dream.

Boonki

So like, Walter, how do you think Griffith's coming back compares to the Gaiseric/Skullknight stuff? What do you speculate with this?

Walter

Administrator
Staff member

I think that so far, it is a complete mirror, that is with the exception of Guts and Skull Knight. It would continue to be a complete mirror of the events 1000 years ago, if it were not for the forces of Skull Knight and Guts, both of which will most definitely change the "plan", however I dont really think the God Hand can fail in this manner... something like that would be obvious to forsee (as they must surely realize the existence of both of the X factors).

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great

I think that so far, it is a complete mirror, that is with the exception of Guts and Skull Knight. It would continue to be a complete mirror of the events 1000 years ago, if it were not for the forces of Skull Knight and Guts, both of which will most definitely change the "plan", however I dont really think the God Hand can fail in this manner... something like that would be obvious to forsee (as they must surely realize the existence of both of the X factors).
Damn you people and your ability to get Berserk mangas before me i'm left to guess what happens. how do we actully know Skull knight was gaiseric [not spelled right] I liked the idea about Skull Knight being a "title" passed down [that makes more sense to me] over, Gaiseric being Skull Knight and the one thats been opposing the God Hand for thousand of years. Maybe it's an army of Skullys fighting the God Hand :p
~Bob

Boonki

I think if it would fall into pattern, Miura wouldn't have written the story. Gutts has to do something to overcome fate, to show that man controls his own destiny and it's not planned. I think it's silly to think otherwise. Like someone said, there was no Gutts in the mix previously with Gaiseric (or at least we dont know that) and what Slann says during the sacrafice makes me think they know he's something special.

Kenoh-Sama

"What is love? Not that I want some or anythi

how provocative......... ........................... ...

God Hand discussed what would happen, if you were paying close enough attention. Griffith would be living a lie by not accepting God Hands offer and therefore, not completing his dream.

In the end I have a feeling Griffith's Dream won't be that important. I have a feeling that he's being set up for something. Like he's accomplishing someone elses dream but doesn't know it. When he speaks of his dream it's as if he's being pushed towards it. I don't think Idea (btw the my art of war source always refers to Idea as "she". He knows alot of what's going to happen so... take that for what it's worth) would give Griffith carte' blonch unless there is something going on. It's to clean of a deal. That's what bugs me.

Top Bottom