Idea of Justice/ Vendetta

Herald of Yama

"It is pure Potential"
Galactor posited the notion of an "Idea of Justice" to recently, based on the common human notion that those who get ahead by unjust, devious, or unethical means eventually pay a price for their misdeeds. It started me thinking: What about an Idea of Vendetta?

The belief in an evening-out of the balance sheet may well be universal enough-but it lacks the primal, subconcious nature necessary for the birth of creatures like Idea of Evil. The desire for vengeance, however, is second nature to everyone, from the youngest to the oldest. And it is not limited simply to those who have been wronged; even those who are punished for their misdeeds long for revenge, even though they brought their misfortune upon themselves.

Could there be an Idea of Vendetta in the Berserk Cosmos? Would its presence lend itself to explaining the possibility of "jumping fish" like Guts and the Skull Knight?

Herald of Yama said:
Could there be an Idea of Vendetta in the Berserk Cosmos? Would its presence lend itself to explaining the possibility of "jumping fish" like Guts and the Skull Knight?

Eventually, "vedetta" or revenge drives nowhere - or at least this is what people say. So, no, it doesn't make much sense to answer your question.  ;D
I believe though, a concept like that will have it's place in the atral-spiritual realm, instead of the ideal one-which makes nosense over there IMO, as I said allready.

Herald of Yama

"It is pure Potential"
Well sure, people say that vengeance leads nowhere, but is that how they really feel? If hearsay and communal tradition were sufficient, I doubt Griffith/Femto would be the Hawk of Light. But your point about the astral is well taken.

Herald of Yama said:
Well sure, people say that vengeance leads nowhere, but is that how they really feel? If hearsay and communal tradition were sufficient, I doubt Griffith/Femto would be the Hawk of Light.  But your point about the astral is well taken.

Yup, for example stuff like evil, doom, disaster or progress, prosperity etch: ideal world.
Stuff like revenge, hate or help, love or even feeling of chill, warmth or satisfaction, emptiness etch: astral world.
In general astral has to do with individual emotional stuff while the ideal origins from collective reason or logic.

Herald of Yama said:
Then you do not believe revenge, or rather the desire for revenge is part of the collective unconcious? Why?

Because revenge makes part of a reaction to a stimolus personaly felt in means that people don't generally feel the same regarding it.
Instead, for example, the concept of evil or progress is more equally comprehended by people.
Aggressive-offensive feelings can be nutred to a population due to a nationalistic education for example (propaganda) but this is not a thing of collective origin, but controlled-directed by someones interest and most importantly it is not the same thing with revenge.

Top Bottom