Series of Explosions in London

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
xechnao said:
Or yourself.
You are not supposed to be my patron you know.

I can't stand injustice. ;)

In any case, the thread shouldn't be about your arguments at all. So, let's all have a moment of silence of for the Londoners that lost their lives.

"Griffith No More!" said:
I can't stand injustice. ;)

In any case, the thread shouldn't be about your arguments at all. So, let's all have a moment of silence of for the Londoners that lost their lives.

You force me tell that this thread is about London bombings and "why" makes part of it.
Stop playing modern day politician.

Griffith

Fine.

Xech, what do you want? When I respond seriously, you ignore what I say or, I guess, just don't get it. So I tried to end it somewhat nicely. But you keep bitching and spurring it on. I'm not going to continue arguing with you in vain, and I'm not going to concede to your bullshit. Even though I acutally agree with a number of your positions, you put words in my mouth to the contrary. And that's what really irks me, not your poltics, but your tactics, and it's impossible to confront you about it because you just ignore me, twist it, or play the "flaming :'(" card. Sometimes talking to you is like jumping up and down in shit out of frustration after the initially stepping in it.

So, where do we go from here, asshole (besides name-calling, of course =)?

Fine.

Xech, what do you want? When I respond seriously, you ignore what I say or, I guess, just don't get it. So I tried to just end it. But you keep bitching and spurring it on. I'm not going to continue arguing with you in vain, and I'm not going to concede to your bullshit ways; which is what really irks me, not your poltics, and it's impossible to confront you about it because you just ignore me or play the "flaming :'(" card. Sometimes talking to you is like jumping up and down in shit our of frustration after the initially stepping in it.

So, where do we go from here, asshole (besides name-calling, of course =)?

Unfortunatelly, I didn't ignore or let go any of your previous "serious" replies.
Hope, I' ll get wiser in the future and let you jump up and down on your own.

P.S. And if you really want to talk about politics, you still didn't answer the question, instead of jumping.
" are you saying that we can't know what really is going on and thus, we should just trust whoever is supposed to be in charge? "

Griffith

xechnao said:
Unfortunatelly, I didn't ignore or let go any of your previous "serious" replies.
Hope, I' ll get wiser in the future and let you jump up and down on your own.

Jesus, it's like poetry in motion. Ring around the rosey.

xechnao said:
P.S. And if you really want to talk about politics, you still didn't answer the question, instead of jumping.
" are you saying that we can't know what really is going on and we should just trust whoever is supposed to be in charge? ".

The first part yes, the second part no. No! NO! I wasn't saying that, not even close, didn't even infer it in the least, and the fact that you assumed it (and similar behavior) is what I've been on about this whole time (thanks for listening). Ugh, what a waste of time; a duel example of the old "When you assume you make an ASS out of U and ME" principle. Albeit a valid illustration of why things are the way they are; we're assholes. Once again, Xech and I are the example, the guiding light, for the troubled masses of this retched Earth to follow.

Because the answer is, if everyone just gave up their stupid egotistical beliefs, then we'd have at least a shot at World Peace.

A/S/L?
willemFACE2 copy2.gif

Walter said:
:giggity:  :giggity:  :giggity:  :giggity:  :giggity:  :giggity:  :giggity:  :giggity:  :giggity:  :giggity:

The first part yes, the second part no. No! NO! I wasn't saying that, not even close, didn't even infer it in the least, and the fact that you assumed it (and similar behavior) is what I've been on about this whole time (thanks for listening).

Ok, but I guess that we are discussing on present reality.
If what you say today is that people can't really know so it's useless discussing about, it means that you can accept somehow how things are going. This is why I posted my question that way, because those things seem relative to me. So since you say we can't trust either, you should now go on and say what we should think of doing.

Btw, I don't agree that people can't really know what's going on. In the end what people generally need comes to the same thing. There is the possibility, especially today, to know everything about any society on earth.
IMO, the thing is not allowed to work because of...well I allready said so two times, don't want to repeat myself. And I believe that this is where we should start adjusting.

Ugh, what a waste of time; a duel example of the old "When you assume you make an ASS out of U and ME" principle. Albeit a valid illustration of why things are the way they are; we're assholes. Once again, Xech and I are the example, the guiding light, for the troubled masses of this retched Earth to follow.

Because the answer is, if everyone just gave up their stupid egotistical beliefs, then we'd have at least a shot at World Peace.

A/S/L?
willemFACE2 copy2.gif

No, it wasn't. I had misunderstood your meaning first place. It was some difficulty of communication. But in the end peace may come.

Griffith

Yes, peace at last.

Anyway, it's been confirmed that over 50 dead (at least), and 700 wounded. The people of London are being badasses about it all though, even ignoring Government warnings and going about business as usual. Good for them.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, peace at last.

Anyway, it's been confirmed that over 50 dead (at least), and 700 wounded. The people of London are being badasses about it all though, even ignoring Government warnings and going about business as usual. Good for them.
Seriously, I really felt some genuine heart flutters seeing Blair's speech. Totally respectable, full of confidence. CNN was running cross-cut footage of Bush, days after 9/11 screaming into a microphone: "AND WE AREN'T GOING TO LET THE PEOPLE THAT DID THIS FORGET WHO THEY BOMBED, AM I RIGHT?!" "YEAAH!"

The vast majority of the Underground was up and running again within 24 hours too. That's fucking commendable. Can't say the same about the US airline industry 8)

I completely agree with that representative of the muslim community in London(one million people). People who do things like this in the name of islam aren`t muslims. They`re monsters and madmen.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Khorne said:
I completely agree with that representative of the muslim community in London(one million people). People who do things like this in the name of islam aren`t muslims. They`re monsters and madmen.
Well, that's not really a hard opinion to get behind. The controversy between Islamic sects has been running for decades. al'Qaeda's teachings are based on a zealous interpretation (by Sayyid Qutb) of Islamic fundamentalism. So, strictly speaking, they're as much Muslim as 7th Day Adventists are Christian. However, it's important to understand the specific distinctions between traditional Islamic beliefs and those of Sayyid and consequently al'Qaeda:

al'Qaeda Origins 101
During the Nasser presidency in Iraq, just after World War I, Sayyid Qutb, an Islamic extremist, was imprisoned (like VOID!) for perverting the youth with his own interpretations of Muslim theology, specifically the Prophet's teachings. And it's precisely because of this imprisonment that he received such national attention.

"[Sayyid stressed] that while the Prophet had undoubtedly taught compassion towards nonbelievers, he had also stressed the primacy of submission to his teachings, which were those of God, and until each submission was widely achieved, Muslims were absolved from the duty of showing compassion to those who rejected the teachings of the Prophet's word. In short, violence against nonbelievers was not sinful."

-John Keegan ("The Iraq War")

From my readings, this is the primary controversy between traditional Islamicism and the kind Westerners tend to find offensive.

Herald of Yama

"It is pure Potential"
Although Al-qaeda has accepted responsibility for the attack, and had plans for such an attack, until proof surfaces that definitively indemnifies them, I won't rule out the possibility of an IRA attack. They still have a few die-hard militants in their ranks, and as was previously stated, the conference in Scotland drawing away so many of England's security personnel was too tempting.

D

darkbane

I too was surprised that the perpetrator wasn't the IRA, when I first heard of the bombings I was sure it would be them. But the attack coincided with both the G8 summit and the olympia announcement - what consequences to derive from these, I'm not entirely sure.

Just today an attack of similar magnitude (in terms of casualties) took place in Iraq and nobody in the west gives a damn (of course).

Londoners do have my sympathy for what happened, but overall I feel that the UK had it coming to them. Goes to show that harboring and funding terrorists can bite you in the ass in the long run.

Oltobaz

Cancer no Deathmask
darkbane said:
I too was surprised that the perpetrator wasn't the IRA, when I first heard of the bombings I was sure it would be them. But the attack coincided with both the G8 summit and the olympia announcement - what consequences to derive from these, I'm not entirely sure.

Large scale terrorist attacks such as this one are bound to require some serious planification. I don't see how the olympia announcement could actually be linked to those bombings, unless you're to assume they had bombs in storage for any major city winning the olympia competition...fucking unlikely.

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
darkbane said:
Just today an attack of similar magnitude (in terms of casualties) took place in Iraq and nobody in the west gives a damn (of course).

Get over yourself. A kinda of a difference is that bombings like that happen all the god damn time over there. Where as a bombing like this is not a daily occurrence.

D

darkbane

Oltobaz: better not underestimate the other side's resources. I think such planing is not unfeasible at all, there weren't that many city candidates to go around.

SaiyajinNoOuji said:
Get over yourself. A kinda of a difference is that bombings like that happen all the god damn time over there. Where as a bombing like this is not a daily occurrence.
Get over what? Human life is equally valuable, I understand how the media and the world reacts but should we be happy about this effect? (Which is also related to proximity not only to frequency, by the way). Also, if bombings like these were daily occurence in European or American cities, you wouldn't care anymore, right?

SaiyajinNoOuji

No get over the fact that evertime a fucking bomb goes off some where in the world that people freak the fuck out if the U.S. or any other "big" nation doesn't hold a 3 day holiday/remembrance on it. Especially if its in a place that it gets them on a daily basis.

Thats my point. It's no that we don't care its just that we have other things that are going on.

Just because something internal happens to a country doesn't mean the rest of the world has to get wrapped into it.

How about this. If there was a murder in America, would your country really care that much? No not really, unless it was some figurehead or political presence.

I hope you can see my point.... but if you like to make little snide comments like the one before, you open yourself up for retortions.

SaiyajinNoOuji said:
It's no that we don't care its just that we have other things that are going on.
Which practically is the same thing.

SaiyajinNoOuji said:
Just because something internal happens to a country doesn't mean the rest of the world has to get wrapped into it.

How about this. If there was a murder in America, would your country really care that much? No not really, unless it was some figurehead or political presence.

I hope you can see my point.... but if you like to make little snide comments like the one before, you open yourself up for retortions.

Unless you consider UK and US the same country and Iraq another country your argument is wrong over here.

SaiyajinNoOuji said:
No get over the fact that evertime a fucking bomb goes off some where in the world that people freak the fuck out if the U.S. or any other "big" nation doesn't hold a 3 day holiday/remembrance on it. Especially if its in a place that it gets them on a daily basis.

The talk is about US and UK again. We do hold more importance on London bombings than Baghdad bombings. Btw, yes, it's true that in Baghdad they get this on a daily basis. But this is not the thing.
The thing is that they show us that we have to worry more because this event makes clear that this could happen to our place too. (US, Italy, etch).

SaiyajinNoOuji

Which practically is the same thing.
Ok I admit, that wsnt the greatest thing to say since it is pretty much the same thing..

Unless you consider UK and US the same country and Iraq another country your argument is wrong over here.
EDIT: nvm, i do know what you mean now.. let me clarify even more.. I mean a country that does not have radical violence on a daily basis. Like Iraq and places of thta nature. yes the U.S. has violence, but they dont have car bombings everyday in crowded areas... We only hve the elderly driving and the occasional "Great White" fire. ;D

The talk is about US and UK again. We do hold more importance on London bombings than Baghdad bombings. Btw, yes, it's true that in Baghdad they get this on a daily basis. But this is not the thing.
The thing is that we have to worry because this events makes clear that this could happen to our place too. (US, Italy, etch).
I understand this and I agree but I was making my point to what's his face directly.

SaiyajinNoOuji said:
I have no idea what you mean by this.

I understand this and I agree but I was making my point to what's his face directly.

I was talking about that. About your point to him. Which I said your point against his arguments doesn't hold unless you are considering in your argument US and UK the same country.
The guy is talking eventually about coverage importances of same magnitude events in other countries. You are trying to defend your argument by talking about "big nations" and bombings in other countries. So it's like considering "big nations" one and the other countries the other or others.
Which is something I criticized about in my very post in this thread.

Btw, your other argument about murder of one important figure and one unimportant is even more confusing, I think. We are always talking about similar magnitude events in one country and the other.

So, this is why I asked you if you consider UK and US as one over here.

SaiyajinNoOuji said:
EDIT: nvm, i do know what you mean now.. let me clarify even more.. I mean a country that does not have radical violence on a daily basis. Like Iraq and places of thta nature. yes the U.S. has violence, but they dont have car bombings everyday in crowded areas... We only hve the elderly driving and the occasional "Great White" fire.  ;D

Yup, this is what happens. But I think this is wrong. It's like instead of getting us to face a problem, they try to get us more used to it. Like conditioning us to accept some evil.

But still we have to remember and honour the sufferings of the jewish nation, no matter what they are doing.

It's media manipulation. Exagerrating some things in confront of others or vive versa.

This if we don't remain in the news only, but review the whole media programme and the eventual cultural meaning they give.

SaiyajinNoOuji

I agree that it shouldn't happen but unfortunately it is a part of life for the majority...

Also it is the media's fault for this but not just their's. its all of ours for accepting this as a common thing.

Although on the flip side, death is an everyday thing. people die for many reason and in many situations. Is life fair? hell no. Is it possible to change our ways? Maybe but not in our life time.

I would think the only way to wake up the world would have to be something so drastic that it would be on the edge of total world destruction, such as a Nuclear War. I do believe something that bad would be enough to wake everyone up and really rethink their ways, nothing less.

SaiyajinNoOuji said:
I agree that it shouldn't happen but unfortunately it is a part of life for the majority...

Also it is the media's fault for this but not just their's. its all of ours for accepting this as a common thing.

Although on the flip side, death is an everyday thing. people die for many reason and in many situations. Is life fair? hell no. Is it possible to change our ways? Maybe but not in our life time.

I think things will change before our life time comes to its end. People are about to start really waking up because reality is eventually coming to some tough or strange situations the way we are going.

SaiyajinNoOuji said:
I would think the only way to wake up the world would have to be something so drastic that it would be on the edge of total world destruction, such as a Nuclear War. I do believe something that bad would be enough to wake everyone up and really rethink their ways, nothing less.

I don't think this apocalypse is necessary for that thing -but perhaps it will come, even in a different way: climate change. But, as I said, I think people are starting to wake up. After the conclusion of the cold war era, there must be some time for humanity to reconsider and readapt itself in the new era. We are there, in this period.

Griffith

Gee, you'd think World Peace woulda happened already; I guess we just need some more people to die (:eek:/ :'() for humanity to wake up and see the error of its ways. All the other innocent billions that got slaughtered were just practice for the upcoming international peace and love celebration human nature has been gearing towards since the beginning.

xechnao said:
I don't think this apocalypse is necessary for that thing -but perhaps it will come, even in a different way: climate change.

Yeah, nothing brings out love & peace like a hot day.

Top Bottom