Do you let your friends read your Berserk manga?

I always let my friends read my Berserk manga just so I can spread the word around about this great series! And all of them who see it grow to love it!

Triggormortis

Weakness is a disease; I am the cure.
Hahaha, that sounds a lot like me. I've never looked at myself as a priest, but that's what I'm pretty much trying to achieve. At first I was one of the few in my school who knew about the series. I read the first book and was enraptured by its greatness. I showed a friend, they showed their friend, and so on and on. Now, half the school is Berserk-crazy.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Actually, not really. I hardly try to convert people to Berserk, I just disdainfully tell them it's "teh bestest evar" and recommend them to buy it, but nothing more. As for actually lending my volumes to someone, I'd never do that, they're far too precious to me. :p

godhand_incog

you're on the mic, what's your beef?
Before I got my own house, i let my roommates read my copies.

Most of the time I convert people to berserk in groups by
showing them the anime.

Headless_Death

u/QuartetGhent
I usually let friends borrow my second set of the DVDs. As for the manga if they are still interested they are welcome to read the few english versions I have, and if they still want more they need to get their own Japanese editions.

TheSkyTraveller

Monster adventures on the high seas!
I don't lend any of my comics out to anyone ever since I lent a copy of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure vol. 1 to a friend a long time ago, and an entire page was ripped in half somehow, in a fit of passion perhaps?  It did have a "hott" pic of Dio on it... Luckily it was just a double. 

Here in Rome canon for students is that they share flats. Each one has his room but they all live in the same flat.
I' ve had stolen half of my collection of the manga in my ex-apartment.

xechnao said:
Here in Rome canon for students is that they share flats. Each one has his room but they all live in the same flat.
I' ve had stolen half of my collection of the manga in my ex-apartment.

:miura:

i do let them read them if i have them on me at the moment. but i never lend them to anyone lol (im scared that my issue of berserk or YA will get messed up) i usually show people the anime first then i let them get hooked on the manga. and i dont even lend the DVD's out :p. my small Berserk collection is priceless to me :void:

R

-rob-

I've got a few people hooked on the anime. But they all hated the ending and wasn't even interested in the manga cause if it.

My brothers and his friends loved the anime, but I couldn't sell them on the manga because god forbid they have to read. :schierke: I lend my neighbor the books as they come out, and she's really diggin' them.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
-rob- said:
I've got a few people hooked on the anime. But they all hated the ending and wasn't even interested in the manga cause if it.
I really will never understand people who have this sentiment. The ending was spectacular.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
The Real Mccoy said:
The ending was good but, I still find ti hard to watch even though its a cartoon i cant really stand seeing Casca go through that.
And the manga is easier?

R

-rob-

Walter said:
I really will never understand people who have this sentiment. The ending was spectacular.

Yeah to me it was spectacular. But when you see it for the first time Iguess it just kind of flips everything the whole series builds up and throws it away. (With no knowledge about the manga of course)

for me i do lend my friend the manga if they need it... there is one more people to discuss on Berserk :guts:

But the sad thing is... None of my friend read Berserk :judo:

Top Bottom