Author Topic: BERSERK emoticons!  (Read 66308 times)

Offline Vaxillus

• Of the Interstice
  • The one and only severed head
Re: BERSERK emoticons!
« Reply #50 on: August 01, 2005, 08:30:09 AM »
I thought about making Slan but I'm not planning on doing her at the moment.
Not planning on doing Slann?  Well, I guess she is a comic character, but one can always fantasize...

Offline Mage

« Reply #51 on: August 14, 2005, 06:17:34 AM »
It took me awhile to figure out the Guts emoticon actually represented Guts.  I thought it was some guy w/ a flattop grinning, like the president's PR rep from the Dark Knight Returns.  Even now the emoticon looks more like that guy than it does Guts.
-

Offline Headless Death

• Of the Nexus
  • Headless Death
« Reply #52 on: August 15, 2005, 06:11:15 PM »
I think our emoticons are a bit too big for this, but that's a good idea regardless.
Although the one your using seems to do the job, how about using something along the lines of one of the forum icons like the

For one already an icon \/
                            Favicon

Offline Aazealh

• 髑髏の騎士
  • Administrator
  • Of Terror
  • そうはいかぬ
« Reply #53 on: August 15, 2005, 06:18:02 PM »
Although the one your using seems to do the job, how about using something along the lines of one of the forum icons

That's what is planned, the current favicon is just a test I made quickly.

Offline Headless Death

• Of the Nexus
  • Headless Death
« Reply #54 on: August 15, 2005, 06:31:25 PM »

Here is a 16x16 test.

Offline CnC

• Of the Abyss
  • Ad Oculos
« Reply #55 on: August 15, 2005, 07:28:44 PM »

Here is a 16x16 test.

which is completely imcomprehensable at that size
I'm sick of following my dreams.  I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later...
- R.I.P Mitch Hedberg
CnColors!

Offline Aazealh

• 髑髏の騎士
  • Administrator
  • Of Terror
  • そうはいかぬ
« Reply #56 on: August 15, 2005, 07:35:36 PM »
Well, I made a new version of my own, following Headless Death's example. Coincidentally, the rose was what Walter and I had in mind, and I think the result isn't too bad, so I'll leave it like that for now.

Offline kimchan

• Berserk Lovin' Gal
  • Of the Vortex
  • "Should I be overcome by the vapors?
« Reply #57 on: August 16, 2005, 12:37:38 AM »
Well, I made a new version of my own, following Headless Death's example. Coincidentally, the rose was what Walter and I had in mind, and I think the result isn't too bad, so I'll leave it like that for now.

Looks really good.   :serpico:
Puck: He's my villa, Isidro.  And *he's* my main house, Guts.

Offline Griffith

• The Millennium Falcon
  • Falconian
  • Of the Abyss
  • My posts are better.
« Reply #58 on: August 16, 2005, 09:29:43 PM »
It took me awhile to figure out the Guts emoticon actually represented Guts.  I thought it was some guy w/ a flattop grinning, like the president's PR rep from the Dark Knight Returns.  Even now the emoticon looks more like that guy than it does Guts.

:'(

I mean...  :judo:

Offline Tell Me Why

« Reply #59 on: August 29, 2005, 08:44:05 PM »
Isidro icon could be better. But the rest look great! Especially this one ..  :chomp:

Offline Walter

• 賢者
  • Administrator
  • Of the Abyss
  • Chapter ≠ Episode
« Reply #60 on: December 09, 2008, 06:35:46 PM »
Azan enters the fray of emoticons as MR. DOUBLE-FROWN.  :azan:

I'm planning a few more throughout the month. Merry Christmas.
:femto: :slan: :ubik:

Offline Aazealh

• 髑髏の騎士
  • Administrator
  • Of Terror
  • そうはいかぬ
« Reply #61 on: December 09, 2008, 06:37:12 PM »
That Azan emoticon was LONG overdue! :azan:

Offline Vampire_Hunter_Bob

• SK.net Sergeant at Arms
  • Of the Abyss
« Reply #62 on: December 09, 2008, 08:45:14 PM »
That Azan emoticon was LONG overdue! :azan:

I support this statement. Is it too much to ask for a arm cross emoticon?  :azan:

Offline Walter

• 賢者
  • Administrator
  • Of the Abyss
  • Chapter ≠ Episode
« Reply #63 on: December 09, 2008, 09:34:06 PM »
Is it too much to ask for a arm cross emoticon?  :azan:
I'm afraid it is. The mandate for new emoticons is they not exceed 25 pixels height, at MAX. Otherwise, they look fucked up in posts. Here's an example.
So here's a bunch of text. So here's a bunch of text. So here's a bunch of text. So here's a bunch of text. So here's a bunch of text. So here's a bunch of text. So here's a bunch of text. So here's a bunch of text. So here's a bunch of text. So here's a bunch of text. So here's a bunch of text. :troll: (27 px high) So here's a bunch of text. So here's a bunch of text. So here's a bunch of text. So here's a bunch of text.

So here's a bunch of text. So here's a bunch of text. So here's a bunch of text. So here's a bunch of text. So here's a bunch of text. So here's a bunch of text. So here's a bunch of text. So here's a bunch of text. So here's a bunch of text. So here's a bunch of text. So here's a bunch of text. :daiba: (25 px high) So here's a bunch of text. So here's a bunch of text. So here's a bunch of text. So here's a bunch of text.

So here's a bunch of text. So here's a bunch of text. So here's a bunch of text. So here's a bunch of text. So here's a bunch of text. So here's a bunch of text. So here's a bunch of text. So here's a bunch of text. So here's a bunch of text. So here's a bunch of text. So here's a bunch of text. :griff: (28 px high) So here's a bunch of text. So here's a bunch of text. So here's a bunch of text. So here's a bunch of text.

So here's a bunch of text. So here's a bunch of text. So here's a bunch of text. So here's a bunch of text. So here's a bunch of text. So here's a bunch of text. So here's a bunch of text. So here's a bunch of text. So here's a bunch of text. So here's a bunch of text. So here's a bunch of text. :azan: (22 px high) So here's a bunch of text. So here's a bunch of text. So here's a bunch of text. So here's a bunch of text.

So here's a bunch of text. So here's a bunch of text. So here's a bunch of text. So here's a bunch of text. So here's a bunch of text. So here's a bunch of text. So here's a bunch of text. So here's a bunch of text. So here's a bunch of text. So here's a bunch of text. So here's a bunch of text. :puck: (16 px high) So here's a bunch of text. So here's a bunch of text. So here's a bunch of text. So here's a bunch of text.
^--- Ya see? ---^

Also, as a favor to me, try not to abuse the use of these things, like for situations that don't warrant it.

Offline Aazealh

• 髑髏の騎士
  • Administrator
  • Of Terror
  • そうはいかぬ
« Reply #64 on: December 09, 2008, 09:51:47 PM »
Also, as a favor to me, try not to abuse the use of these things, like for situations that don't warrant it.

I'd like to emphasize this. Using them in the proper context is what makes those emoticons great. For example, spamming the troll emoticon (which is supposed to imply a trollish comment) just ruins it, and can even confuse other members over your intentions.

Offline Rhombaad

• Old Fart in Training
  • Falconian
  • Of the Abyss
« Reply #65 on: December 09, 2008, 11:06:12 PM »
Awesome!  Azan is a great addition and the Void one is hilarious. :void:

Offline Walter

• 賢者
  • Administrator
  • Of the Abyss
  • Chapter ≠ Episode
« Reply #66 on: December 09, 2008, 11:14:46 PM »
Awesome!  Azan is a great addition and the Void one is hilarious. :void:
Thanks for the praise. As Aaz said, a new batch of emoticons is really looong overdue. But these will look good, because I think I've gotten better at making them over the years. This Azan one was a cakewalk compared to the early emoticons, which took hours and hours of polishing for each.

And the Void emoticon actually isn't implemented yet. Still working with variations on it. The one  you see is just a first draft, so it's kind of a tease.

Also, I fleshed out Skully's emoticons to make them look a little more realistic. I'm pleased with the results. VS . And VS

Offline Rhombaad

• Old Fart in Training
  • Falconian
  • Of the Abyss
« Reply #67 on: December 09, 2008, 11:30:44 PM »
Also, I fleshed out Skully's emoticons to make them look a little more realistic. I'm pleased with the results. VS . And VS

Yeah, they look a lot better.  More like SK and less like regular skulls, although I still enjoyed the earlier ones. :serpico:

Offline Xans-Griffith

• Of the Interstice
  • Everything changes.
« Reply #68 on: December 10, 2008, 02:13:57 PM »
The Azan emoticon looks great; very compact, polished and professional. There's a difference from the older ones in how well the characterizing detail is packed into the small space while retaining an "emoticon" look. Carcus is still the best, though.

I'd like to emphasize this. Using them in the proper context is what makes those emoticons great. For example, spamming the troll emoticon (which is supposed to imply a trollish comment) just ruins it, and can even confuse other members over your intentions.

I changed my troll emoticon in the 301 thread to something more appropriate.

Offline Madam President

« Reply #69 on: December 10, 2008, 11:54:37 PM »
Love the Azan icon! (Carcus is my favorite out of all of them) Any plans for Slan?? I have no idea what emotion she'd represent, but the comments you guys make about her always make me laugh out loud! :ganishka:

Offline Walter

• 賢者
  • Administrator
  • Of the Abyss
  • Chapter ≠ Episode
« Reply #70 on: December 11, 2008, 12:29:51 AM »
Love the Azan icon! (Carcus is my favorite out of all of them) Any plans for Slan?? I have no idea what emotion she'd represent, but the comments you guys make about her always make me laugh out loud! :ganishka:
Slan is among those planned for the future, but they may be used in different ways than we've planned.

Offline Ramen4ever

« Reply #71 on: December 11, 2008, 03:23:59 PM »
Pretty cool stuff. Slan would make for a pretty good "wink" "giggle" or just a general "seduce" emotio.

Offline Walter

• 賢者
  • Administrator
  • Of the Abyss
  • Chapter ≠ Episode
« Reply #72 on: December 15, 2008, 08:59:44 PM »
 Another new one premiered in the 301 thread today:  :griffnotevil:

Offline Rhombaad

• Old Fart in Training
  • Falconian
  • Of the Abyss
« Reply #73 on: December 15, 2008, 09:25:43 PM »
Awww, so innocent.  Nice addition, Walter. :serpico:

Offline deathbybears

« Reply #74 on: December 16, 2008, 05:16:23 AM »
I'm really impressed with the :azan: emoticon. Could you give me an example situation for when it could be used?