BERSERK emoticons!

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Jaze1618 said:
:slan: To offer criticism tersely, she looks a little too much like Ryoko from Tenchi for my tastes.
I don't think anyone except anime dweebs in basements are going to get that confused. This is, afterall, a Berserk forum.

As for your suggestions, it's more important to come up with emotions that we haven't represented yet rather than just to have an arsenal of characters at our disposal as emoticons.

Because I say a lot of things in this forum that I later apologize for, how about an Adon emoticon that is like a *headslap* or "doh!." It could be used also anytime someone admits fault.

deathbybears said:
Because I say a lot of things in this forum that I later apologize for, how about an Adon emoticon that is like a *headslap* or "doh!." It could be used also anytime someone admits fault.

I wouldn't mind a headslap emoti but why Adon?

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
deathbybears said:
Because Adon is adept at making a fool of himself in grandeur fashion haha.
I'd rather not perpetuate the Adon thing into emoticon form. Magnifico however...

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
Walter said:
I'd rather not perpetuate the Adon thing into emoticon form. Magnifico however...
I could see Magnifico as a Emoticon for the "They're after me man! im being followed!" paranoid type with shifty eyes and sweat on his head.

The right adon emoticon could be a great response to blowhard quotes in replies.

And I think my problem with the Slan Icon may be in the lips? I can't pin it down but she seem's to cutesy and not enough lust mixed with regret. Sadly I have no constructive specific examples or suggestions.

Jaze1618 said:
The right adon emoticon could be a great response to blowhard quotes in replies.

And I think my problem with the Slan Icon may be in the lips? I can't pin it down but she seem's to cutesy and not enough lust mixed with regret. Sadly I have no constructive specific examples or suggestions.
... it's a playful wink. I think it's meant to be cutesy.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Jaze1618 said:
I can't pin it down but she seem's to cutesy and not enough lust mixed with regret
Im not sure Slan has ever displayed ... regret. You sure you aren't just trying to get Grail to service your special 25 pixel fetish over here?  :guts:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Alright, so here's what I think about what's been proposed:

An Adon emoticon should convey retardation if it were made. Something not unlike the "downs" emoticons they have over SA.com, but more exuberant/silly.

For Magnifico I can see a barfing emoticon. Would go well with his current seasickness too.

As for a headslap, I think it's a good idea, but I can't think of a fitting character for it right now.

Graywords

Bettychu, I choose YOU!
All these new smileys are brilliant, sirs. Brilliant. :guts:

Would probably be incredibly difficult to pull off, but the first thing that came to mind for Adon is his flip-top head death scene... as another said above, it'd be representing sort of an "admitting defeat" or "I just got owned!" type of emotion...

But I digress...

I'd say Grunbeld would make a good something, but I think we already have emoticons for any emotions that he's displayed so far, aside from maybe "incredulousness". :slan:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Graywords said:
I'd say Grunbeld would make a good something, but I think we already have emoticons for any emotions that he's displayed so far, aside from maybe "incredulousness". :slan:

:isidro: I think Isidro fills that function already.

Wow! Thank you so much for the great new emoticons, Walter, Aaz, and Grail! They look absolutely incredible! You guys are gods among men when it comes to emoticons.

[quote author=Walter]
You can tell that's Schnoz right? And that's an exclamation mark, not the Star of David. You got that, right?
[/quote]

LOL! That's hilarious and terrible, Walter. :ganishka:

Graywords

Bettychu, I choose YOU!
Aazealh said:
:isidro: I think Isidro fills that function already.

Hah, and he's also a redhead, to boot! Might as well be Grunny's long-lost son...

I bet there's already some random silly Speculation Nation thread about that, unfortunately. :schierke:

Graywords said:
Hah, and he's also a redhead, to boot! Might as well be Grunny's long-lost son...

I bet there's already some random silly Speculation Nation thread about that, unfortunately. :schierke:

After a small search.. I did not find anything. I realize you were joking but I felt I may as well point this out:

That's probably Isidro's dad in volume 24.

I was asking Aazealh about wanting to make some new Berserk emoticons, starting with a full set of guts. He pointed out this thread so I'll post here.

I spent the past 10-20 mins. making these 2 guts emoticons, they're 22x23 pixels. (sorry a little over 20x20) I can try messing around with smaller dimensions or shrinking these if you really want to, but they'll get a bit blurry.

gutsface122x23.gif
Guts with an evil looking smirk.
gutsface222x23.gif
Guts pissed off ready to kick ass.

Let me know what you guys think.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
I like where you're taking it, but it is a little asymmetrical. Easily remedied!

His right eyebrow should also be visible somewhat, I think.

Walter said:
I like where you're taking it, but it is a little asymmetrical. Easily remedied!

His right eyebrow should also be visible somewhat, I think.

Thanks! it was kinda meant to be uneven as if his face wasn't facing completely straight ahead. But I'll make it symmetrical for the next update.
gutsface122x23.gif

You mean the eyebrow with the injured eye? I'll try to set aside a few hours in the next couple of days to work on 'em then I'll post the whole Guts set here. Who knows maybe ill try some other characters too...
gutsface222x23.gif

Aazealh said:
As for a headslap, I think it's a good idea, but I can't think of a fitting character for it right now.
Thread revival, how about Ganishka doing a *facepalm* or a headslap? He's done something similar before, though with much different intent.
20tf1u9.png

You had this as your avatar for quite a long time.
If we ignore why he did it in the manga, I think it could be used for an overall *Doh* or *headslap* emoti. The placing of the hand and the exposed parts of the face would be the problems.

Thoughts?

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Over the past month, Aaz, Griff and I have collaborated in updating and revamping emoticons. Hope you guys enjoy them!

Revamped: :guts: :casca: :???:

New: :magni: :farnese: :iva:

Each of these guys deserve a sentence or two.

:guts: needed to be updated. His old form
guts-old.gif
was among the original line up. He was also the easiest to do, since he was based on a design that Griff had been working on for a while.

Casca's :casca: :???: emoticons also needed an update, since she was in the original lineup. Her hair was improved to be more accurate and her expression has more going on with it now than previously.

:magni: definitely took me the longest, and is the one I'm most proud of in this bunch. He went through many, many (~20 drafts) stages of design between the debates of Aaz, Griff and myself before Aaz came up with this hilarious animation -- making him the most elaborate SKnet emoticon EVER!

:farnese: turned out well. She was a project that had at least 3 hands in it. Aaz came up with the bashful emoticon idea for her several years ago, but we couldn't pull it off to our liking. Then we had Grail commissioned to do one, but it still wasn't juuuust right. I stepped in and tried a different, cutesy approach and it turned out well.

:iva: was one of Aaz' long-term projects. She went through several drafts as our =P emoticon before we all agreed on a design we liked. After that, animation went smoothly.

These are just the WINNERS of the crew we all worked on the past month. I completed a Flora, but she was something of a failed project. She was going to replace Serpico, but ... her expression isn't QUITE distinct enough to convey that grin as well as Serpico. So she's out of the normal lineup, and instead, she'll be hidden as ": flora :" :flora:. Griff may have one more to add to the lineup as well.

There were also many ... losers that may still see the light of day in the distant future. But for now, we are all collectively burnt out on these damned things. USE THEM WELL!

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Hope you guys will enjoy those. It's been a lot of fun creating them at times, especially since it's been a collaborative work, but after a while they start bleeding out of your eyes. Our line-up should now be pretty much complete. :guts:

Top Bottom