Author Topic: BERSERK emoticons!  (Read 66982 times)

Offline ryOtoha

• Falconian
  • Of the Interstice
Re: BERSERK emoticons!
« Reply #225 on: February 12, 2012, 04:08:22 AM »
Roderick is one of a few that I've long been considering. In one I envisioned, he'd be swinging a telescope side to side, searching. Ex: "When's the next episode coming?" :rod:

The problem is that I think we've nailed the basics of emoticon functions. Each time I come up with an idea to add a new character, I realize that adding more would be superfluous. The Femto/Azan/Puck ones, for example, all basically convey the same emotion. Though it could be argued that they have their own slightly different contexts.

As you said, it's hard to match another character with a relevant emotion. But for Rody's emoticon, you've got a really cool and logical idea! You should definitely do it. :void:

« Last Edit: February 12, 2012, 04:19:44 AM by Ryouma »

Offline Gill

« Reply #226 on: March 29, 2012, 04:13:42 PM »
I have a suggestion... What about a "nosebleed" emote? There is Carcus for "Hey, you're sexy", but that's not the same, and I don't see any of these fitting for this feeling... So, based on Grail's masterpiece http://www.skullknight.net/forum/oekaki/pictures/155.png , I think a nosebleeding Tapasa guy would be nice :ganishka: What do you think? I can try making it by the way, just tell me what file format and size it should be.

Offline Walter

• 賢者
  • Administrator
  • Of the Abyss
  • Chapter ≠ Episode
« Reply #227 on: March 29, 2012, 05:01:45 PM »
Thanks for the thought, but I'd rather not have a nosebleed emoticon. I can't think of too many situations where it would be used to a funny effect.
:femto: :slan: :ubik:

Offline Griffith

• The Millennium Falcon
  • Falconian
  • Of the Abyss
  • My posts are better.
« Reply #228 on: March 29, 2012, 11:26:03 PM »
Here's one I've been longing for:

It's called "undecided," but I've always seen it as more incredulous. Like, "Nosebleed emoticon?"

"THAT'S your theory?"

"You're going to do WHAT?"

It actually fits Schierke perfectly. She makes this face all the time. It's like one of her roles. :ganishka:

Offline Walter

• 賢者
  • Administrator
  • Of the Abyss
  • Chapter ≠ Episode
« Reply #229 on: March 29, 2012, 11:56:19 PM »
I actually have a few variations of Schierke's emoticon where she makes that face. I might be able to polish it up and make a new one for her. But no promises... Her resemblance is among the toughest to nail , since her hairstyle is among her signature charictaristics, unless you include her hat, which is HUGE in terms of emoticon height.

Example:

Offline Griffith

• The Millennium Falcon
  • Falconian
  • Of the Abyss
  • My posts are better.
« Reply #230 on: March 30, 2012, 02:42:54 AM »
Wow, that already looks great! The resemblance is spot on, it just needs more dismay bordering on horror to convey the feeling I'm talking about. :ganishka:

Offline Gobolatula

• Smooth operator
  • Falconian
  • Of the Vortex
  • praise be to grail!
« Reply #231 on: March 30, 2012, 02:53:32 AM »
Not bad at all!

Offline Aazealh

• 髑髏の騎士
  • Administrator
  • Of Terror
  • そうはいかぬ
« Reply #232 on: March 30, 2012, 07:38:02 AM »
It actually fits Schierke perfectly. She makes this face all the time. It's like one of her roles.

That's actually what her emoticon started as, but when Wally added the eye rolling it was too good to pass up. Also, I think the "undecided" emoticon carries more of a "bothered" or "uncomfortable" meaning, at least that's how I see it. Not downright sad but "not cool".

Offline Gill

« Reply #233 on: March 30, 2012, 01:24:08 PM »
It's called "undecided," but I've always seen it as more incredulous. Like, "Nosebleed emoticon?"
Was my idea that bad?  :troll: I was already dreaming of using it :judo: At least I like the "undecided" one.
But besides the nosebleed emote, I would support having emotes with these typical anime expressions, like the drop on the head and others... Berserk is a manga, after all... I think they could be pretty funny.

Offline Gill

« Reply #234 on: April 04, 2012, 10:49:13 AM »
Umm, although my ideas don't seem to be very successful, I have another :troll:

I just realised I really miss a very happy, enthusiastic emoticon. You know, shouting of happiness like "Yeeaaah! I can't believe it! Woohooo!", and/or running around... I think it can be used often, eg. when the new episode comes out after a half year break. But I don't know who should it be? :???: Maybe Sonia?

Offline Aazealh

• 髑髏の騎士
  • Administrator
  • Of Terror
  • そうはいかぬ
« Reply #235 on: April 04, 2012, 11:29:00 AM »
I just realised I really miss a very happy, enthusiastic emoticon. You know, shouting of happiness like "Yeeaaah! I can't believe it! Woohooo!", and/or running around... I think it can be used often, eg. when the new episode comes out after a half year break. But I don't know who should it be? :???: Maybe Sonia?

You mean that emoticon? :ubik:

Offline Gill

« Reply #236 on: April 04, 2012, 07:38:05 PM »
You mean that emoticon? :ubik:
That's not exactly the same... :sad: I thought of a feeling like that Sonia had when Charlotte saw her running to Griffith and hugging him. That really wasn't this "applause" feeling... I imagined something like: her, with a giant smile, and screaming of happiness while turning round and round... What do you think? :troll:

Offline Aazealh

• 髑髏の騎士
  • Administrator
  • Of Terror
  • そうはいかぬ
« Reply #237 on: April 04, 2012, 07:59:02 PM »
What do you think? :troll:

I think you should stop posting in this thread.

Offline Walter

• 賢者
  • Administrator
  • Of the Abyss
  • Chapter ≠ Episode
« Reply #238 on: April 04, 2012, 08:06:32 PM »
That's not exactly the same... :sad: I thought of a feeling like that Sonia had when Charlotte saw her running to Griffith and hugging him. That really wasn't this "applause" feeling... I imagined something like: her, with a giant smile, and screaming of happiness while turning round and round... What do you think? :troll:
Well, first of all a spinning emoticon would be a reaaaal hassle to animate. Multiple frames at multiple angles would take a lot of time. When it's just a smiley face with three features (two eyes, a mouth) it's one thing, but when you're trying to maintain a resemblance to a character, each little feature has to be perfect at each angle.

And anyway, I looked up the scene to see the expression you're referring to, but I didn't think it was special enough to warrant an emoticon. I tend to think of emoticons like this... Rather than envisioning a particular scene and then trying to shoehorn in an applicable emoticon that works with it (which is how I set out on a number of failed ideas), I look at emotions generally expressed on the forum, and determine if there's a way they could be expressed or punctuated with an icon instead.

Speaking of which, I don't think you're using the Troll emoticon correctly. Unless you're trying to troll us, or meant the question ironically.

Offline SrCraneo

« Reply #239 on: April 04, 2012, 11:34:13 PM »

I think I know what you're getting at, but I think the emoticons used in these forums are not of that type you're describing in my opinion, starting with the fact almost all of them are just faces and done in pixel art. Looking at your avatar and signature, which I really like btw, I think you could even make really great ones on own for personal use.

Offline Gill

« Reply #240 on: April 05, 2012, 08:37:25 AM »
Well, first of all a spinning emoticon would be a reaaaal hassle to animate.
I know, that's why I wanted to try it (I like challenges :ganishka:) I'll give it a try anyway, and post it, if you don't mind it. If you don't accept it that's okay, I just wanted to give a try to emoticon-making. Just tell me what size should it be :serpico:
And anyway, I looked up the scene to see the expression you're referring to, but I didn't think it was special enough to warrant an emoticon.
I wrote that scene as an example, not exactly for her expression but the emotion itself and why I think she would be a good choice for this one. I just suggested it because I felt I really miss something like this, but if it isn't needed, that's ok.
I don't think you're using the Troll emoticon correctly. Unless you're trying to troll us, or meant the question ironically.
Actually, I think you're right, just realised I didn't use it correctly, I'm sorry... :farnese: It's expression is similar to an emoticon I use often on another site, that's why I used it often, too, but it seems like their meaning is different...  Sorry, I didn't want to troll anyone. I'll use it more carefully from now on.
I think you should stop posting in this thread.
Okay, okay, just one more, and you won't even see me in this thread again, I'm sorry.

Offline Walter

• 賢者
  • Administrator
  • Of the Abyss
  • Chapter ≠ Episode
« Reply #241 on: November 25, 2014, 04:11:34 AM »
Two long overdue updates:   :isidro: &   :schierke: (say goodbye to and )

And... presenting the NEW emoticon I made for backers of the SKnet Patreon, but of course available for everyone, THE SLAP captured in emoticon format:  :rickert:

Offline Dar Klink

• Falconian
  • Of the Vortex
  • Last Guardian when? - CyberKlink 20XX before dying
« Reply #242 on: November 25, 2014, 04:13:26 AM »
Two long overdue updates:   :isidro: &   :schierke: (vs and

And... presenting the NEW emoticon I made for backers of the SKnet Patreon, but of course available for everyone, THE SLAP captured in emoticon format:  :rickert:
Awesome! That Rickert is amazing

Offline Delta Phi

• Sylph Sword
  • Falconian
  • Of the Nexus
  • Grail Serpico!
« Reply #243 on: November 25, 2014, 04:22:21 AM »

Nice! The updates are great and the Rickert is phenominal! Thanks Walter!

Offline Skeleton

• Falconian
  • Of the Nexus
« Reply #244 on: November 25, 2014, 04:28:03 AM »
Great work, Walter.  They look amazing.

Offline Walter

• 賢者
  • Administrator
  • Of the Abyss
  • Chapter ≠ Episode
« Reply #245 on: November 25, 2014, 04:33:51 AM »
Awesome! That Rickert is amazing
Great work, Walter.  They look amazing.

Thank you. I can assure you, it wasn't easy. The first new emoticon in 5 years... Tough to step back in those shoes.

Here's the draft progression: < :rickert:

I have an idea for a new one, but honestly I need to step back for a bit. Dragon Age is calling  :daiba:

Offline Grail

• Spanish Inquisitor
  • Falconian
  • Of the Vortex
  • Feel the funk blast
« Reply #246 on: November 25, 2014, 06:56:09 AM »
You still got the touch, Wally! Despite it being a step in the drafting process, that 4th is kinda mesmerizing me. Maybe it's the shading on the nose?

I'm going to have to find an excuse to use these icons now. I don't think I'd have the heart to slap anybody, though. :judo:

Offline Oburi

• Falconian
  • Of the Abyss
  • All praise Grail
« Reply #247 on: November 25, 2014, 01:13:56 PM »
Very nice! Well done.

:rickert:

Yup it works :troll:

Offline Walter

• 賢者
  • Administrator
  • Of the Abyss
  • Chapter ≠ Episode
« Reply #248 on: November 25, 2014, 02:23:47 PM »
You still got the touch, Wally! Despite it being a step in the drafting process, that 4th is kinda mesmerizing me. Maybe it's the shading on the nose?
Thanks. The fourth one doesn't have the resemblance though, and those eyebrows, they're on par with Guts'!  :guts:

I should have mentioned that Aazealh was instrumental in critiquing every small change I made to this thing. Couldn't have done it without his assistance.

Offline Rhombaad

• Old Fart in Training
  • Falconian
  • Of the Abyss
« Reply #249 on: November 26, 2014, 04:52:27 PM »

I love the updates to Isidro and Schierke's emoticons, and the Rickert emoticon is fantastic. Nice work, Walter! :ubik: