Drake rider

IgnusDei

mmh-hmm good.
ridersketchD.jpg

a work in progress.

used a payboy pic for reference...for the torso. the armour is reborn griffith-ish, and the headdress is inspired by an Ayami Kojima piece.

TheSkyTraveller

Monster adventures on the high seas!
Looks nice!  Her face and upper body are my favorite.  Nice design, too.  I would make her legs more shapely, though, to match her voluptuous figure, and also, she needs bigger feet.

Do you draw with a Wacom on the computer, or analog and then scan?

IgnusDei

mmh-hmm good.
and bigger is better

ridersketchE.jpg

current musical aids:

Susumu Hirasawa's Sister's Story and occasionally, Indra. both of those are from the berkserk dreamcast game, and available here:

http://www.berserkstatues.com/

would be great if i could get those in mp3s, since i'm probably sponging this guy's bandwidth listening to this :)

Actually, Indra is inspiring me to draw a much more mature and darker Isidro for some reason. once i'm done with this, i'll see about drawing him.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
I like the sketch, looks pretty good, can't wait to see the finished work. :guts:

IgnusDei said:
Susumu Hirasawa's Sister's Story and occasionally, Indra. both of those are from the berkserk dreamcast game, and available here:

http://www.berserkstatues.com/

would be great if i could get those in mp3s, since i'm probably sponging this guy's bandwidth listening to this :)

Well, you could also buy the CD if you like them so much. :void: And as far as sponging DirectDK's bandwidth goes, you can always ask him.

Vaxillus

The one and only severed head
Looks great, but as TheSkyTraveller stated, she needs thicker legs or something. Right now they don't quite match up to her hims quite right.

Your work is awesome, and it's especially amazing to see the transition from sketch lines on paper to full color, fleshed out figure.

Vaxillus

Looking awesome. You got some good variety with the armor, which I often find difficult. The texture on the shoulders is superb. As a side question, what program are you using? I'm guessing photoshop because of the strokes on the tip of th spear.

CnC

Ad Oculos
your colors are looking good so far but you really need to re-work the proportions on the character. the size and shape of her hands and feet are wrong, but most noticeably is that her upper right arm is waaaaay too long. Her thigh is also too long, but not as bad as the arm. Keep at it.

CnC said:
your colors are looking good so far but you really need to re-work the proportions on the character. the size and shape of her hands and feet are wrong, but most noticeably is that her upper right arm is waaaaay too long. Her thigh is also too long, but not as bad as the arm. Keep at it.

I think the arm is fine. If you take a close look at it, you'll notice the feathers/fluff around the shoulder makes it looks like the arm starts higher than it does. And her elbow is not at the base of the forearm glove -- The glove flares out away from her forearm. It's actually proportional. Her legs look a little long, but not excessively so. I think it's the way the armor obscures her knee and the angle of her foot that gives the impression of being extremely long. While it's certainly the leg of a rather tall woman (a model), it's not inconceivable.

CnC

Ad Oculos
much better. I see that the shoulder pads and armor were making the arm look huge, glad thats been corrected. Theres still the matter of her having chronic flat-foot-itus. But this is coming along nicely

Vaxillus

I think the feet are just at the very unfinished stage. Looking great though, that little modification to the face and the reworking of the arm and leg did a lot.

Headless_Death

u/QuartetGhent
Incredibly beautiful shading and coloring. Her position in the last shot looks fantastic, looks much better with her knee bent IMO. The softer earthen colors work incredibly well. Keep up the great work, and post more progress.:D

Top Bottom