Author Topic: Episode 259  (Read 30862 times)

Offline Mizar

• Of the Nexus
  • 見猿聞か猿言わ猿
Re: Episode 259
« Reply #50 on: July 21, 2005, 12:58:47 AM »
Episode 259 is out. :beast:

Brief synopsis:
Demon Tiger trashes the party and starts feasting on the nobles. Farnese grabs a nearby candlestand and tries to burn the motherfucker. :badbone: Tiger is pissed and attacks Farnese, but Serpico comes to the rescue and takes her to safety. On the final page we see Guts and the rest arrive at the scene too.

Next episode August 12: Guts vs Tiger?

Offline CnC

• Of the Abyss
  • Ad Oculos
« Reply #51 on: July 21, 2005, 01:14:14 AM »
sweet... sounds awesome.

Looks like Farnese is making a stand.

August 12!? man... soon this is going to be a monthly strip.  Hey, if the quality is there I don't mind.
I'm sick of following my dreams.  I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later...
- R.I.P Mitch Hedberg
CnColors!

Offline Slime_Beherit

• スライム狂戦士
  • Falconian
  • Of the Interstice
  • [FIGHT][SPELL] [SACRIFICE][ITEM]
« Reply #52 on: July 21, 2005, 02:29:23 AM »
im willing to wait , i mean  :miura:  must be working hard on it, right?

Offline Headless Death

• Of the Nexus
  • u/QuartetGhent
« Reply #53 on: July 21, 2005, 06:40:34 AM »
You speak as if it is uncommon for it to be on the second Friday of the month. :schierke:

Offline Nomad

• Of the Vortex
  • "Bring the light of day"
« Reply #54 on: July 21, 2005, 07:46:21 AM »

uh huh...Serpico, you dog!. :carcus:

Thanks.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2005, 07:51:19 AM by Nomad »

Offline Griffith

• The Millennium Falcon
  • Falconian
  • Of the Abyss
  • My posts are better.
« Reply #55 on: July 21, 2005, 08:06:16 AM »
Awesome work. And awesome stuff... I must admit, when I read Mizar's summary for this episode, I wasn't that excited (Berserk withdrawl and depression methinks, especially with the promise of another mini-break), but guess what, Miura won me over again with his tried and true formula! :guts:

Okay, so Roddy is a proven man, and his Guts' band potential just skyrocketed. Great to see the shock on everyone's face as Farnese fights the Tiger. And of course, love the final panel on page 19; ENTER THE ARENA! WHO IS THE GLADIATOR!?

Oh, speaking of which, holy shit, page 20 is the coolest shot of Guts in his new armor, hands down. Looks like he and Miura finally "wore it in" because he looks not only totally awesome but also completely natural in it in that shot; actually, he looks like he's never looked better (the design was always a technical amalgamation of his previous armor, but this just took it and soared). That's an All-Series panel right there, the quintessential Guts collection. =)

P.S. 19 is neat on all fronts, gnarly shot of Serpico (actually looking genuinely happy/creepy =), and the Tiger's hair raising as the REAL Beast enters the room.:chomp: ;)
« Last Edit: July 21, 2005, 08:24:32 AM by "Griffith No More!" »

Offline Nomad

• Of the Vortex
  • "Bring the light of day"
« Reply #56 on: July 21, 2005, 08:23:09 AM »
Seconded. I personally hope that this boosts Farnese/Serpico relationship to a next level.  Keep wondering if anyone else will join the party though...

Offline Aazealh

• 髑髏の騎士
  • Administrator
  • Of Terror
  • そうはいかぬ
« Reply #57 on: July 21, 2005, 08:56:06 AM »
So there's just one familiar attacking the ball, and it's such a threat that Farnese took care of it. Looks like I'm right once again, suckers. :badbone:

Anyway I think it's pretty cool how Farnese awed everybody by slapping the familiar in the face, typical piece of jaw dropping action, usually with Guts filling the role, only not this time. I also like how she recognized the Tiger as an astral being instantly, and used a silver candlestand as a result. Her robe hindered her though. Guts' line as he arrives is also quite humorous: "the party has reached its peak". :guts:
« Last Edit: July 21, 2005, 09:01:51 AM by Aazealh »

Offline SaiyajinNoOuji

• Of the Abyss
  • I'm still better than you
« Reply #58 on: July 21, 2005, 09:14:20 AM »
Thank you!  :beast:

Pretty cool. I'm wondering if the eyes of the beast is a looking glass if you will to who ever is controlling it. I'm also wondering if the rise of the fur is because who ever is possibly controlling it recognizes Guts from the last little control seasion with the Crocodiles.
"Plenty of time to sleep when you're dead!"

Offline Mizar

• Of the Nexus
  • 見猿聞か猿言わ猿
« Reply #59 on: July 21, 2005, 09:21:17 AM »
Hmm, is silver known to be effective against astral beings? I thought the Tiger's fur was on fire there, or was that smoke the effect of the silver?

By the way, Miura is not taking a mini-break this time, the next issue of YA will be coming out in three weeks on August the 12th (second Friday of the month).

Offline Aazealh

• 髑髏の騎士
  • Administrator
  • Of Terror
  • そうはいかぬ
« Reply #60 on: July 21, 2005, 09:27:01 AM »
I'm wondering if the eyes of the beast is a looking glass if you will to who ever is controlling it.

I think that's probably the case, at least the caster must have some kind of idea/perception of what is going on.

I'm also wondering if the rise of the fur is because who ever is possibly controlling it recognizes Guts from the last little control seasion with the Crocodiles.

Much like Griffith, I'd like to think that the familiar just felt that a predator had entered the room. :SK:

Hmm, is silver known to be effective against astral beings?

Of course, remember the silver dagger and chainmails that Schierke gave Farnese and Casca. As for the smoke, you can notice that she removed the candles (or they dropped maybe?) in the shot where she stabs the familiar in the eye with the candelabrum. So it's obviously because of the silver; besides I don't think a mere candle could cause that much fire damage when stabbing such a monster.

By the way, Miura is not taking a mini-break this time, the next issue of YA will be coming out in three weeks on August the 12th (second Friday of the month).

Indeed, Headless Death commented about this already.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2005, 10:10:15 AM by Aazealh »

Offline Smith

« Reply #61 on: July 21, 2005, 10:23:05 AM »

Horses and dogs were a different thing. Those were not familiars. Understand this.

I remember a panther? Back 4 episodes ago i think...
It piss me off when I see weaklings, it make me want to crush them

Offline krumm47

« Reply #62 on: July 21, 2005, 10:31:33 AM »

I always thought that that panther was the tiger appearing in this episode...

Offline Aazealh

• 髑髏の騎士
  • Administrator
  • Of Terror
  • そうはいかぬ
« Reply #63 on: July 21, 2005, 10:31:37 AM »

Goddamn Smith, it's the fucking tiger that's in this episode...

By the way, Vol. 29 will be released on September 29, 2005.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2005, 07:14:28 PM by Aazealh »

Offline IgnusDei

• Of the Interstice
  • mmh-hmm good.
« Reply #64 on: July 21, 2005, 10:48:31 AM »
hey, it looks like Guts is gonna get a bit more popular after all.

I expect he'll be getting quite a few job offers after this blows over.

noble1 "I want thee in my army, sir! I shall pay you two hundred in gold, upfront, and an officer's pay!"
noble2  "i'll not be outbid by a Tudor! I shall give you FIVE hundred upfrront, and TWICE the officer's pay!"
noble1" ONE THOUSAND! AND THRICE!"
noble3 " TWO THOUSAND!"
noble4 " A KUSHAN HAREM!"
« Last Edit: July 21, 2005, 10:56:08 AM by IgnusDei »

Some Guy

« Reply #65 on: July 21, 2005, 11:34:13 AM »
Thank you for the episode

Man these episodes are getting better and better.  I really liked how Farnese was able to deal with the familiar (albeit temporarily).

I wonder how Guts is going to deal with this one

Guts' line as he arrives is also quite humorous: "the party has reached its peak". :guts:

Classic Guts line :guts:

Offline puella

• Gourmet Elf
  • Of the Abyss
  • Popopopopopopopo!
« Reply #66 on: July 21, 2005, 12:00:25 PM »
The problem is that the tiger looks too cute to me to be split into two by Guts. :judo:
Really cool episode, indeed. Especially I like Guts' and Serpico's lines :casca:(Anyway, are there many lines in this episode?  :guts:)

Offline Walter

• 賢者
  • Administrator
  • Of the Abyss
  • Chapter ≠ Episode
« Reply #67 on: July 21, 2005, 12:30:37 PM »
Fucking awesome episode.
:femto: :slan: :ubik:

Offline xechnao

• The Board's Troll Boy
  • Of the Vortex
« Reply #68 on: July 21, 2005, 12:55:22 PM »
Thanks!!!

Serpico and Guts seemed both much more affascinating than ever. I wonder if Miura will keep this line.

So for next episode we have some fight and plot development due to the groups revelance to the nobles.
Or perhaps only a fight, who knows, more familiars might come to dinner.

I also wonder when we will see total battle at Vrittanis. Perhaps it starts right now!  :zodd: 
And the game plays on people's backs and they don't even have a clue about it, wasting their energy because their attention is distracted by the rulers' game itself.
Pay attention people. Watch your back!

Offline CnC

• Of the Abyss
  • Ad Oculos
« Reply #69 on: July 21, 2005, 01:01:14 PM »
oh man! amazing stuff!!

From the horror scene where nobody knew what was going on to that great establishment of the tiger feasting, revealed by candle light was AMAZING!
Farnese proving herself was great too!

Cape entrance: Guts   ....sweet

Of course, everything was drawn superbly (one of the panels of the cat tearing up the nobles look a little flat, but thats a hard shot).  Episodes of this quality can come out bi-monthly and I wouldn't mind
« Last Edit: July 21, 2005, 01:53:15 PM by CnC »
I'm sick of following my dreams.  I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later...
- R.I.P Mitch Hedberg
CnColors!

Offline Griffith

• The Millennium Falcon
  • Falconian
  • Of the Abyss
  • My posts are better.
« Reply #70 on: July 21, 2005, 03:40:53 PM »
"the party has reached its peak".

Wow, that's pretty highbrow material for Guts, I figured he was saying something like, "Hey monster, come on!"

Guess he's showing his noble wit. :guts:

Offline dwarfkicker

« Reply #71 on: July 21, 2005, 03:41:24 PM »
Guts' entrance was awesome.  And the horror elements rocked.  The shit has just hit the fan.

Offline Trashcan

• Of the Interstice
  • "It is pure Potential"
« Reply #72 on: July 21, 2005, 03:44:50 PM »
One thing that's bothering me though. The guy with the candlabra that is standing next to the blood-drenched ladies who reveals the tiger. Is it Sir Owen, or just one of the hired help that looks like Sir Owen? If it is Owen... :judo:
It's always the same. Now if you had the two eyes on the same side of the nose, for instance -- or the mouth at the top -- that would be some help.'

`It wouldn't look nice,' Alice objected. But Humpty Dumpty only shut his eyes, and said `Wait till you've tried.'

Offline Woland

• Of the Interstice
  • STOP UNDRESSING ME WITH YOUR EYES!
« Reply #73 on: July 21, 2005, 03:55:38 PM »
I think it was just a servant, Owen would at least warrant an on-panel death.

Farnese just looks too cute in Serpico's arms.

I love this episode.

Now that Guts is there-
 :troll: lets get the party started :troll:
*Place deeply meaningful thoughts here*
Wait, on second thought, don't, It might ruin my reputation.

Offline CnC

• Of the Abyss
  • Ad Oculos
« Reply #74 on: July 21, 2005, 04:03:19 PM »
One thing that's bothering me though. The guy with the candlabra that is standing next to the blood-drenched ladies who reveals the tiger. Is it Sir Owen, or just one of the hired help that looks like Sir Owen? If it is Owen... :judo:

nope
- R.I.P Mitch Hedberg
CnColors!