Author Topic: Episode 259  (Read 30531 times)

Offline Tell Me Why

Re: Episode 259
« Reply #75 on: July 21, 2005, 06:14:43 PM »
When I saw that shot of Guts at the end, I got the feeling like.. Guts is no longer the man out for revenge. Like, is this the same man that survived the Eclipse and is seaking revenge against Griffith? I don't know. It just seems like Guts has lost track of that goal. He looks like a different person now..

Offline Griffith

• The Millennium Falcon
  • Falconian
  • Of the Abyss
  • My posts are better.
« Reply #76 on: July 21, 2005, 07:09:09 PM »
Really, I get that feeling more from the dozens of episodes dealing with that very issue. Again though, awesome picture.

Offline CnC

• Of the Abyss
  • Ad Oculos
« Reply #77 on: July 21, 2005, 07:32:08 PM »
When I saw that shot of Guts at the end, I got the feeling like.. Guts is no longer the man out for revenge. Like, is this the same man that survived the Eclipse and is seaking revenge against Griffith? I don't know. It just seems like Guts has lost track of that goal. He looks like a different person now..

Like griffith said, there are many episodes that are dedicated to this.  It seems he either chases down Griffith and is engulfed in the flames of revenge (armor would probably kill him), or he protects the branded girl.
I'm sick of following my dreams.  I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later...
- R.I.P Mitch Hedberg
CnColors!

Offline Walter

• 賢者
  • Administrator
  • Of the Abyss
  • Chapter ≠ Episode
« Reply #78 on: July 21, 2005, 07:43:14 PM »
Like griffith said, there are many episodes that are dedicated to this.  It seems he either chases down Griffith and is engulfed in the flames of revenge (armor would probably kill him), or he protects the branded girl.
That's not completely sound either.   Guts isn't choosing Casca's safety (and now, rejuvenation) over his Revenge out of personal safety.  He had set out on this quest long before Flora told him about Karma's fire.  Besides, his quest for Casca has, thus far, been more life-threatening than his days as the Black Swordsman.
:femto: :slan: :ubik:

Offline CnC

• Of the Abyss
  • Ad Oculos
« Reply #79 on: July 21, 2005, 07:59:12 PM »
That's not completely sound either.   Guts isn't choosing Casca's safety (and now, rejuvenation) over his Revenge out of personal safety.  He had set out on this quest long before Flora told him about Karma's fire.  Besides, his quest for Casca has, thus far, been more life-threatening than his days as the Black Swordsman.

I was unclear, I meant he's choosing this path to protect her, which he weighs as more important than seeking Griffith at the moment.  I was also saying that seeking Griffith's death would consume him.  Those two points are seperate.  I didn't mean to say he was not chasing Griffith out of concern for his own personal safety
I'm sick of following my dreams.  I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later...
- R.I.P Mitch Hedberg
CnColors!

Offline Tell Me Why

« Reply #80 on: July 21, 2005, 08:30:50 PM »
Quick question. Does Guts intend to kill Griffith reborn only? Or does he also plan on trying to kill Femto?

Offline Rhombaad

• Old Fart in Training
  • Falconian
  • Of the Abyss
« Reply #81 on: July 21, 2005, 08:40:47 PM »
Quick question. Does Guts intend to kill Griffith reborn only? Or does he also plan on trying to kill Femto?

Griffith was Femto. There is no Femto since Griffith has been reborn. :miura:
« Last Edit: July 21, 2005, 08:42:20 PM by Rhombaad »

Offline creampuff_war

• Of the World
  • haven't you already paid enough for your life?
« Reply #82 on: July 21, 2005, 09:17:48 PM »
From what he told Schierke at Flora's house, Guts is planning on killing all the Godhand....

but I'm sure Griffith especially whether he's techniquly a Godhand or not.
when my fist clinches crack it open<br />before I use it and loose my cool.<br />When I smile tell me some bad news<br />before I laugh and act like a fool.

Offline Tell Me Why

« Reply #83 on: July 21, 2005, 09:47:00 PM »
What the hell? So there's no Femto? That means that if someone were to summon the God Hand in the current timeline, Femto wouldn't be there?

Offline SaiyajinNoOuji

• Of the Abyss
  • I'm still better than you
« Reply #84 on: July 21, 2005, 10:02:04 PM »
What the hell? So there's no Femto? That means that if someone were to summon the God Hand in the current timeline, Femto wouldn't be there?
That is correct. But thats water under the bridge. Current topic. The big cat or Guts big beast. I got $100 that the cat will escape.
"Plenty of time to sleep when you're dead!"

Offline Aazealh

• 髑髏の騎士
  • Administrator
  • Of Terror
  • そうはいかぬ
« Reply #85 on: July 21, 2005, 10:33:02 PM »
I'm sure Griffith especially whether he's techniquly a Godhand or not.

He's still part of the God Hand, no doubt about it. Why wouldn't he be one of them anyway?

As Saiya said, that's exact. Refer to the DC game for an example of the God Hand appearing without Femto. He was incarnated into Griffith, so he's not there anymore.

Current topic. The big cat or Guts big beast. I got $100 that the cat will escape.

Guts won't entrust himself to the Beast over a single familiar that even Farnese can maim, you guys need to get over it...

As for it escaping, I don't know, it's possible but there's probably a lot of other Kushan soldiers (monsters or not) preparing to march on Vritannis at the moment, so this precise familiar should rather try to fulfill his mission, since he was apparently going for a special target. Nevertheless, it's a possibility.

Offline Serpico

• Google-Intellectual
  • Of the Interstice
  • Farnese is the bomb diggity
« Reply #86 on: July 21, 2005, 11:20:36 PM »
Man this was a sweet episode!!!!  :serpico: Art was just amazing, especially Serpico's pages!!!!!!

Offline Mage

« Reply #87 on: July 22, 2005, 01:53:14 AM »
Awesome episode.  I can't wait to see how this invasion will play out...if Guts & Co. will slip under the radar, or if Ganishka will learn of him and his connection to Griffith (perhaps through Silat).
-

Offline yota821

« Reply #88 on: July 22, 2005, 02:01:28 AM »
Silat hardly knows anything about the connection between Guts and Griffith.    :guts:  :???:  :griff:
I'm just a poor, wayfaring stranger.......just moving along to the next habitation of demons.....

Offline Wii wii wii

• Of the Nexus
  • Was it you who killed my companions,one after one?
« Reply #89 on: July 22, 2005, 02:27:07 AM »
Great episode, thanks alot guys. Though, I kind've wish I hadn't read it, now I have a pit in my stomach thinking about the wait for the next one  :judo:

Great to see Serpico and Guts working towards a common goal again though. Reminded me of seeing them back to back against the Ogre and Kelpie.
My papa loves thee motherfucker

Offline rick

« Reply #90 on: July 22, 2005, 03:17:12 AM »
Guts legs look thicker than usual, especially his left one, almost transformer looking  :guts:

Offline Hippie

« Reply #91 on: July 22, 2005, 07:16:44 AM »
nice episode.  The next one should rule ;)

Offline Akin

« Reply #92 on: July 22, 2005, 09:19:00 AM »
Everybody's going to the party have a real good time?

Wow, that's pretty highbrow material for Guts, I figured he was saying something like, "Hey monster, come on!"

Guess he's showing his noble wit. :guts:

Howabout something like "looks like the party's over"?

Anyways, can't wait for the translation. (actually maybe I should go to sleep now and maybe it will be there by the time i get up... hrm...)

Offline Nox

« Reply #93 on: July 22, 2005, 10:10:13 AM »
aisssssss, I just love this series X], cant wait for the next ep
I wonder if Owen will recognize Guts or Casca at any moment during the battle .......I can see him asking for Griffith XDD

Thanks for the scans ^_^

Offline Smith

« Reply #94 on: July 22, 2005, 10:21:25 AM »
Guts won't entrust himself to the Beast over a single familiar that even Farnese can maim, you guys need to get over it...

Btw... I highly doubt that it is single

We'll wait and see... Guts appearing at the right time is just way  too damn cool   :badbone:
It piss me off when I see weaklings, it make me want to crush them

Offline Aazealh

• 髑髏の騎士
  • Administrator
  • Of Terror
  • そうはいかぬ
« Reply #95 on: July 22, 2005, 12:51:45 PM »
Silat hardly knows anything about the connection between Guts and Griffith.

Well, he knows that Guts was there when he attacked the old Band of the Hawks long ago, and that he was also present when Griffith appeared in Albion. Now I agree that it's a bit far-fetched for him to tell Ganishka about a hypothetic relation between Guts and Griffith based on this alone.

Howabout something like "looks like the party's over"?

Nah.

It's obviously alone at the moment. If you took the time to read the end of my post before replying you'd see that I already mentioned the high probability of other Kushan assailants.

Offline DefaultJ!!

« Reply #96 on: July 22, 2005, 05:55:41 PM »
Guts and crew make a fine entrance into the ball... go Serpico! Good to see Farnese in action, too!

bachelor demon tiger, lookin' for love...

BTW, when did these new icons appear? They're pretty awesome !  :puck: >>  >:(
« Last Edit: July 22, 2005, 05:59:25 PM by DefaultJ!! »

Offline Aazealh

• 髑髏の騎士
  • Administrator
  • Of Terror
  • そうはいかぬ
« Reply #97 on: July 22, 2005, 05:59:12 PM »
BTW, when did these new icons appear? They're pretty awesome !  :puck: >>  >:(

Last week.

Offline DefaultJ!!

« Reply #98 on: July 22, 2005, 05:59:55 PM »

Offline Kagami

« Reply #99 on: July 23, 2005, 03:09:08 AM »
Wow, that was a fast reply.

so was that.

Is the next one Guts and folks only? No new Griffith for a bit? Too bad.
Quote: Originally Posted by Picnic Boy
awesome, now I can sing pork soda in my rap battle later tonight.