Episode 259

When I saw that shot of Guts at the end, I got the feeling like.. Guts is no longer the man out for revenge. Like, is this the same man that survived the Eclipse and is seaking revenge against Griffith? I don't know. It just seems like Guts has lost track of that goal. He looks like a different person now..

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Really, I get that feeling more from the dozens of episodes dealing with that very issue. Again though, awesome picture.

CnC

Ad Oculos
Tell Me Why said:
When I saw that shot of Guts at the end, I got the feeling like.. Guts is no longer the man out for revenge. Like, is this the same man that survived the Eclipse and is seaking revenge against Griffith? I don't know. It just seems like Guts has lost track of that goal. He looks like a different person now..

Like griffith said, there are many episodes that are dedicated to this. It seems he either chases down Griffith and is engulfed in the flames of revenge (armor would probably kill him), or he protects the branded girl.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
CnC said:
Like griffith said, there are many episodes that are dedicated to this. It seems he either chases down Griffith and is engulfed in the flames of revenge (armor would probably kill him), or he protects the branded girl.
That's not completely sound either. Guts isn't choosing Casca's safety (and now, rejuvenation) over his Revenge out of personal safety. He had set out on this quest long before Flora told him about Karma's fire. Besides, his quest for Casca has, thus far, been more life-threatening than his days as the Black Swordsman.

CnC

Ad Oculos
Walter said:
That's not completely sound either. Guts isn't choosing Casca's safety (and now, rejuvenation) over his Revenge out of personal safety. He had set out on this quest long before Flora told him about Karma's fire. Besides, his quest for Casca has, thus far, been more life-threatening than his days as the Black Swordsman.

I was unclear, I meant he's choosing this path to protect her, which he weighs as more important than seeking Griffith at the moment. I was also saying that seeking Griffith's death would consume him. Those two points are seperate. I didn't mean to say he was not chasing Griffith out of concern for his own personal safety

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Tell Me Why said:
Quick question. Does Guts intend to kill Griffith reborn only? Or does he also plan on trying to kill Femto?

Griffith was Femto. There is no Femto since Griffith has been reborn. :miura:

creampuff_war

haven't you already paid enough for your life?
From what he told Shierke at Flora's house, Guts is planning on killing all the Godhand....

but I'm sure Griffith especially whether he's techniquly a Godhand or not.

What the hell? So there's no Femto? That means that if someone were to summon the God Hand in the current timeline, Femto wouldn't be there?

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
Tell Me Why said:
What the hell? So there's no Femto? That means that if someone were to summon the God Hand in the current timeline, Femto wouldn't be there?
That is correct. But thats water under the bridge. Current topic. The big cat or Gut's big beast. I got $100 that the cat will escape.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
creampuff_war said:
I'm sure Griffith especially whether he's techniquly a Godhand or not.

He's still part of the God Hand, no doubt about it. Why wouldn't he be one of them anyway?

Tell Me Why said:

As Saiya said, that's exact. Refer to the DC game for an example of the God Hand appearing without Femto. He was incarnated into Griffith, so he's not there anymore.

SaiyajinNoOuji said:
Current topic. The big cat or Gut's big beast. I got $100 that the cat will escape.

Guts won't entrust himself to the Beast over a single familiar that even Farnese can maim, you guys need to get over it...

As for it escaping, I don't know, it's possible but there's probably a lot of other Kushan soldiers (monsters or not) preparing to march on Vritannis at the moment, so this precise familiar should rather try to fulfill his mission, since he was apparently going for a special target. Nevertheless, it's a possibility.

Awesome episode. I can't wait to see how this invasion will play out...if Guts & Co. will slip under the radar, or if Ganishka will learn of him and his connection to Griffith (perhaps through Silat).

Azn He-Man666

Was it you who killed my companions,one after one?
Great episode, thanks alot guys. Though, I kind've wish I hadn't read it, now I have a pit in my stomach thinking about the wait for the next one :judo:

Great to see Serpico and Guts working towards a common goal again though. Reminded me of seeing them back to back against the Ogre and Kelpie.

Akin

MOOO!!!
Everybody's going to the party have a real good time?

"Griffith No More!" said:
Wow, that's pretty highbrow material for Guts, I figured he was saying something like, "Hey monster, come on!"

Guess he's showing his noble wit. :guts:

Howabout something like "looks like the party's over"?

Anyways, can't wait for the translation. (actually maybe I should go to sleep now and maybe it will be there by the time i get up... hrm...)

aisssssss, I just love this series X], cant wait for the next ep
I wonder if Owen will recognize Guts or Casca at any moment during the battle .......I can see him asking for Griffith XDD

Thanks for the scans ^_^

Aazealh said:
Guts won't entrust himself to the Beast over a single familiar that even Farnese can maim, you guys need to get over it...

Btw... I highly doubt that it is single

We'll wait and see... Guts appearing at the right time is just way too damn cool :badbone:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
yota821 said:
Silat hardly knows anything about the connection between Guts and Griffith.

Well, he knows that Guts was there when he attacked the old Band of the Hawks long ago, and that he was also present when Griffith appeared in Albion. Now I agree that it's a bit far-fetched for him to tell Ganishka about a hypothetic relation between Guts and Griffith based on this alone.

Akin said:
Howabout something like "looks like the party's over"?

Nah.

Smith said:

It's obviously alone at the moment. If you took the time to read the end of my post before replying you'd see that I already mentioned the high probability of other Kushan assailants.

Guts and crew make a fine entrance into the ball... go Serpico! Good to see Farnese in action, too!

Smith said:
bachelor demon tiger, lookin' for love...

BTW, when did these new icons appear? They're pretty awesome ! :puck: >> >:(

Top Bottom