Most Trucked-Up Moment of Berserk?

Alteisen

Kids, don't do drugs.
To me, it was when Pippin died. He was one of my favorite characters, and to see him without his innards and getting ripped in half by monster tentacles on the next page really bothered me.

I also agree with the troll rape. Well, it wasn't the rape that made me sick, but when baby trolls sprung up from the kidnapped woman's belly. That wasn't cool.

In the lost children arc, when Puck and Jill are watching the mutated children play war, the whole thing is pretty sick...but when the two children are about to join up and one uses the HUMAN ATTACK aka huge stinger rape. The shot of the dead child and Jill's/Puck's reactions and that they're all children made me queasy. :eek:

Soul Blader

My blade seeks vengeance!!
Yeah Man that shit was messed up. Kinda like Lord of The Flies except 100 worse.

Mozgus torturing people was also messed up.
They really used those torturing devices in l Europe during the middle ages too.

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...
THE BEAST said:
yaknow by reading berserk i find my self becoming desencitized but Troll baby explosion was pretty disturbing
you haven't read enough berserk. Try some MPD Psycho if that doesn't cover it.

phant112

I'm a llama!
You know i dont think i could pick a "most trucked-up" moment... as there are alot of them in Berserk.. one of the things that make it so great...the No Holds Barred apporach when dealing with nudity/sex/violence... but some of the orgy scenes were pretty messed up...

Im pretty desensitized (sp) so nothing really violent bothered me, they seemed more or less "cool" to me then anything else... I thought that the whole eclipse was rather interesting, it was the turning point of the whole story, that and it was the sadest thing I have ever read before... the anime ecplise made it that much more heartbreaking, I just wish that they would have made an episode 26 so that people who havent read the manga would know what happens to Caska, as thats one of the sadest events I have ever seen or read (as i said before)

Oh crap, off topic again....

Ill have to re-read Berserk to find any moments that are truly shocking, as its been about a month or 2 since i first read it.

I agree with just about everything posted. There is too much messed up stuff in berserk to count, but i think the only thing that really screwed with my head was the eclipse, since i watched the anime first. The two most messed up parts of the eclipse were probably pippin's death, and gaston's death. I mean, c'mon gaston's there and you and gatts are both thinkin' "Ah.. a survivor, he's messed up, but perhaps he'll survive or just die peacefully with gatts and..... BLAM!" there goes his head. and there runs away that little friggin' thing snickering about it. Roshinu's death also bothered me, but that was becuase it was depressing, it wasn't messed up. I'll just add a few things that haven't been mentioned yet:

1.)The sheer appearance of the creatures in Qliphoth

2.)The serpent kind holding half a child on a pike, letting the blood drip into his mouth.

3.) The snail count with that giant caterpillar blob thing coming out of his mouth to posess the one guy.

by the way do any of you laugh when you read berserk, not counting pucks scenes just from the violence and content in general. i'm just making sure i'm not alone

Hmm... sometimes i laugh at things that weren't necessarily supposed to be funny. I don't remember, but i think i laughed at the horse rape of farneses due to the line "I'm going to mount YOU!" And i laughed at puck saying "I saved you, now you owe me a favor, then gatts chopping the hands off the guy who grabbed puck and said "There's your favor."
Though, i think that was kinda supposed to be funny. Eh, maybe i laugh other times, dun remember.

Aquedesin

See you soon my dear...
Swordsman in Sable said:
but when the two children are about to join up and one uses the HUMAN ATTACK aka huge stinger rape.

Well, it's just disgusting enough to think that if the "child" now "rape" his "friends" it mean that it was regularly "raped" when he was still human...

Begemot

STOP UNDRESSING ME WITH YOUR EYES!
himura_kenshin said:
Hmm... sometimes i laugh at things that weren't necessarily supposed to be funny. I don't remember, but i think i laughed at the horse rape of farneses due to the line "I'm going to mount YOU!" And i laughed at puck saying "I saved you, now you owe me a favor, then gatts chopping the hands off the guy who grabbed puck and said "There's your favor."
Though, i think that was kinda supposed to be funny. Eh, maybe i laugh other times, dun remember.

It's called Dark Humor.

Hi_There

Born to be MILD!
Most disturbing... I'd say when Guts' inner beast said 'Tear her apart like Grffith did' -tied alot of imagery in the moment, then it bit off Caska's breast (full meaty gore in sight), then when it shows Caska's head in its mouth whith Caska's mutilated body.

by the way do any of you laugh when you read berserk, not counting pucks scenes just from the violence and content in general. i'm just making sure i'm not alone

When Mozgus(sp?) smashed that Guy's skull with his Bible... I laughed my ass off!

And when Mozgus is all nice to the child's mom and shows her the torture chamber like its a present...

NightCrawler

Aeons gone, vast, mad and deathless
Majin Tenshi said:
you haven't read enough berserk. Try some MPD Psycho if that doesn't cover it.

MPD Psycho is fuckin awesome, and rather disturbing! (favourite manga along with Berserk).

Sometimes i find myself wondering if im a normal person by reading/loving koroshyia-1.

Animegirl^_^

have a wonderfull day
typhonblue said:
Ah, don't worry about it. Griffith was prolly *ahem* better armed then Guts and Casca still had some hymen left to rupture. Maidenhood isn't always lost in one go. ;D

(Remember Guts made her bleed too.)
True, but you can be ripped apart.

Most desturbing moment... hmmm... i guess the troll rape,the lost children arc was messed up with the kids.

one scene comes to my head; i wouldnt call it one of the most disturbing moments, but in terms of black humour one moment that stands out for me is in book 3 when Gatts had just cut off the counts head and theresia is having a mental breakdown, straight afterwards gatts offers the half mutilated counts head to her.
oh man that had me laughing for a bit ;D

by the way, what is "MPD Psyco"? i am open to alot of different anime and manga, but i have never heard of it. if berserk fans are into it, then it sounds promising. whats it about and where can it be downloaded from?

Sparnage said:
by the way, what is "MPD Psyco"? i am open to alot of different anime and manga, but i have never heard of it. if berserk fans are into it, then it sounds promising. whats it about and where can it be downloaded from?

LOL wrong place to ask this, try to post this in the FAQ section

"sigh" if i went to the FAQ asking about it someone would probably say to me "this is the berserk FAQ, we dont want your petty non berserk questions around here!" they might say that, you never know!

dont get me wrong i love berserk but i keep a look out for any promising manga and anime.

Top Bottom