Most Trucked-Up Moment of Berserk?

lye

Nihilist!
tonberrykid02 said:
i thought watching the Pikraf killing each other was pretty damn disturbing.
without a doubt the most messed up moment.
one second theyre playing, the next theyre inpaling each other, and then the dead revert back to human bodies. and that one guy who was like "adult attack!" or whatever it was and stung the other one.
it just freaked me out, the whole lost children ark freaked me out. all the dead half-human-half-pikraf bodies...

xavierflair

Red Stripe! Hooray Beer!
You know, I've read this entire thread from start to finish and just about every item I could think of was all ready mentioned at least three or four times.

What is scary or exciting (depending on your point of view) is I have the funny feeling, we're going to see a lot more moments to come.

Lauralana

That's Hot
i agree with everything everybody has already posted on this board. there are so many emotional situations that the characters went through in this series. And it is that emotion and struggle that catches people interests and makes fans.

I know that Muira said that there was going to be a happy ending....and i really hope there is. I don't know if i could handle a depressing conclusion to this masterpiece

Mizar

Œ©‰Ž•·‚©‰ŽŒ¾‚퉎
Lauralana said:
I know that Muira said that there was going to be a happy ending....and i really hope there is.

Miura didn't exactly say that there was going to be a happy ending, only that the ending wouldn't be a really bad one where everybody and everything dies, like in the anime series.

The only thing I hope for is that he creates a fitting ending, whether that be a depressive or a happy one, I don't really care, as long as it fits and concludes his work in a suitable manner. Berserk is a beautiful piece of art, and shouldn't be ruined by some cheesy (happy) ending, imo.

Schwabe

*cough*
With how he seems to create berserk, he's had it ongoing for so damn long...and when it's over he wont be making a berserk2. I doubt he woudl slight his work to please the fans.

He'd probally curse the fans and complete it as he plans. Afterall we know he isnt a charles dickens, writing play by play on the whim of the loud readers. It's far too obvious how much he has planned in advance with the appearance of...well...how everything corelates so well to previous episodes. This has been mentioned many times in several different threads.

I'd have to say that one of the most disturbing scenes of the story has to be the current relationship between guts and caska.

Uyennie

Next stop: Bedlam!
Hello everyone,
Newbie (not sure why i felt I had to say that...but be nice! This is the first bulletin board I've ever signed up for and I work for an internet company the last 5 years).

I just finished volume 26 and I honestly think the worst moment was when during the Eclipse, Guts realizes that this was what Griffith wanted. He says something to the effect "Is this what you want Giffith?"

The world came crashing down at that moment and I started to sympathize with Guts' uncontrollable rage and his cruelty (well, only sometimes) when he's the Blackswordsman. He's about 19 years old when this all happens and with his past...Bad Griffith!

Caska better get well soon. I need this to be a happy ending where Guts and Caska skip off holding hands. Otherwise, all the therapy and viewings of My Neighbor Totoro won't do me any good.

Guil-BANNED! said:
old debates are dangerous ;D
guil

Actually i dont not blame her, just correcting her mistake... In the past i also thought (and even insist) that he was 19, but then after i have reread Beserk more carefully, i was wrong :)

He might have been late 19 when he first became the black swordsman, he was when he came back to the hawks anyway and not heaps of time passed before the eclipse happened.

nir085

Horse and Armor
I thought seeing a snake come out of Goat-man then realizing it was his, uh, phallus was disturbing...even more so when Joachim had to kiss it :X

As for the rape scenes, I thought they were actually funny because the only ones getting raped were stupid bitches who deserved to be raped and they kept getting raped (Caska rape count so far: 5, plus 2 requests from Adon and Gutts stripping her after he saved her). I also loved it how they raped Nina then announced they were going to cut her heart out. It was sad that they didn't.

Gutts getting raped by Donovan, however, was fucking disturbing. Even more disturbing was Princess Charlotte getting raped by her dad. The rape scene in Volume 25 was disturbing. Okay, I guess all the rape scenes weren't funny, just Caska's and Nina's (Nina didn't really get raped but...close enough).

I didn't think Griffith's torture was anything really. They didn't even see his face. Seeing Mozgus' followers were much more disturbing (and their work was MUCH more disturbing than the work of Griffith's torturer).

Adonis dying was disturbing. Gennon and Griffith together was disturbing. Princess Charlotte is disturbing (in general). But having to wait for a year until Volume 27 is released is what disturbs me the most.

The_Fetus_Ninja

Lets go, bub!
Hmmm... well. Caskas rape was deffinately shitty(manga and anime.. i was screaming at my TV.. "you motherfucker griffith" .. when guts gets raped in the manga thats pretty phuct up....guts and caskas sex scene is kind of strange (manga only not anime) when you see just how emotionally fucked up Guts is....

still the one that just crushes my heart is when Guts realizes that Griffith actually wants to become a demon at the cost of all his comrades lives. The demons say something like "Yada yada you must will it, blah blah" and Griffith says "i sacrifice" (something along those lines) Pretty heavy material imho

Volume 16 chapter 111 page 23... i've just read it again and i didn't remember it ... i think it's kind of disgusting

it's when Guts have the stuff in the cocoons on in to extenguish the fire.. the picture is ...

I think i have found one of the most disturbing part for me in berserk...

If you know who is spilling out blood on the top panel then u will understand what i mean

09.jpg

That is disturbing! i dont want to see poor Guts THAT messed up, not hard to guess how that happens.

Is that from next chapter, smith?

ShinHell9

I started on here when I was like 14...
Amazing, this thread was made so far back in the day, amazing that it's still around.

the worst part of berserk is when i get to the

end of the new chapter, :-\

then i tear up and wail for hours! :'(

i just hate waiting, >:(

but its so good how can i not wait? ;D

itll be ok

- c

vajper

I'm a llama!
kimchan said:
Walter's pick was pretty disturbing, along with quite a few scenes from that volume.

Then of course there's the Eclipse, that whole thing was messed up and disturbing.

Finally the scene in Volume 17 where all the heretics are being tortured and put up in the wheels, that was pretty bad.

yeah thats the worste i ever seen :S so brutal

CharlieNash

I'm a llama! Gaze at the llama
ugh...hmm
-Troll birthing scene
-Eclipse(what happened to Caska and the rest of the Hawks)
-Wylad's antics(that was disturbing to say the least)
-Ugh...that horrible scene where we see into veinyface priest's "healin' room" (that made me shudder seeing the boob hook)
-Roshin's story was very creepy
-Killing of the innocent boy by Guts; that was really unexpected of him I felt
-The Griffith torture scene. Even though we didn't see it, that was so hard to take to think of what living through that would be like. Also seeing how far he had fallen was tough

Most Disturbing Scene, My Thoughts

Am I the only one that thinks the scene where Griffith is tortured is far more disturbing than the Eclipse?

I mean, OK, all of our favourite characters get brutally murdered and Caska and Guts will never be the same, that's pretty terrible, but all of that happened in like one morning.

Griffith on the other hand was tortured for a whole year....he had his tongue cut off, his tendons cut and god knows what else. For an entire year! Now that's just horrific.

Anyone else think it's more disturbing than the Eclipse, or am I alone on this one?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Re: Most Disturbing Scene, My Thoughts

Simon said:
Am I the only one that thinks the scene where Griffith is tortured is far more disturbing than the Eclipse?

I myself don't think it was that disturbing. It's a matter of personal sensibilities I guess.

Top Bottom