A new weapon for Guts?

nostyleart

Quixotic
not one to replace the all-mighty dragonslayer, but perhaps some other kind of addon to his arm, or perhaps if his arm is restored by the elf king, another tool that can be used with two hands? i was thinking something like really strong gauntlets if his arm is to be resotred, or smokescreen powder, i really haven't thought to much of it, but the idea crosses into my mind every now and then. any ideas? although, i personally think it would be cool, if guts could manipulate the armor more, perhaps, change its shape, of it all or add spikes to it.. i dunno, what do u think?

The elf king restoring his arm? No way. Elves can heal wounds, not just make limbs pop back. "What? You chopped your arm off a few years back? No problem! *poof* Good as new!" no. As for the addons, does he really need anything? I really don't think there's any kind of new piece of equipment that could further aid him.

(Unless it's a portable microwave that he carries on his waist so he can fix himself a nice hot dog whenever he's hungry. It might also play a role in the final battle:
Griffith: Die Guts!
Guts: I think not! *pulls out microwave*
Guts: Take this! *microwave fires out deadly rays*
Griffith: Nooo my demigodly powers can't take it! *Griffith gets cancer in the head and implodes*
THE END)

Triggormortis

Weakness is a disease; I am the cure.
Well, I looked a few chapters ahead, and Guts eventually gets a Flachete (a mix between a Flak canon and a machete) from a robot (yes, a robot) fueled by the ghost of Goddo Mcmahon (his actual last-name). It is a very powerful weapon, however, as a drawback, it takes off 11 minutes off its users life every time it is fired. Ironically, this is similar to the habit of smoking ciggarettes.

Triggormortis said:
Well, I looked a few chapters ahead, and Guts eventually gets a Flachete (a mix between a Flak canon and a machete) from a robot (yes, a robot) fueled by the ghost of Goddo Mcmahon (his actual last-name). It is a very powerful weapon, however, as a drawback, it takes off 11 minutes off its users life every time it is fired. Ironically, this is similar to the habit of smoking ciggarettes.

The robot also glues hammers to Guts' kneecaps.

Judo

Midlands finest
the berserk-armor has only been used twice until now and its attributes are far away from being totally explored...
so I guess it's a bit early to think about another equipment-upgrade.

Gutts having the ability to "spike" out his armor....would remind me too much of Spawn the movie......which every time i see on TV i have to laugh at its sillyness....and his arm being restored i think would set him back.....how many times has his hidden cannon saved his ass? Like it or not he needs that shit....the elemental axe i would like to see him use once.....just to see what the fuck is its power.... :zodd:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Getting new equipment (not necessarily a weapon) in Elfhelm is definitely possible, but I can't find anything that would be plausible at the moment. Who knows anyway, Guts could even learn a few magic tricks while over there (I honestly have a hard time imagining this though).

Vaxillus

The one and only severed head
new equipment maybe, but it seems to me like giving up the Dragon Slayer would be heresy to most fans (including myself). Honestly, that, the mechanical arm, and now the Berserk Armor are really the weapons which define Guts.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
He gets along fine. Why would he need new weapons? By the way, the humor factor in this thread gets an A+. Really.
emot-what.gif
What.

Triggormortis

Weakness is a disease; I am the cure.
Walter said:
He gets along fine. Why would he need new weapons?  By the way, the humor factor in this thread gets an A+. Really.
emot-what.gif
What.
Well we can be almost assured that Guts is going to leave Elfhelm with something, be it Casca's brain or a new weapon. But if I had to guess, I'd say he'd get some kind of ward or protection spell. Maybe against magic and spells in general, or perhaps a way for him to get close to a powerful apostle and not bleed everywhere (but still be able to detect them.)
And on another note, I keep imagining the Elf King suggesting to bring back Guts' lost appendages, but Guts refusing saying something about how he wants a reminder for what Griffith has done or something like that.

GoHF

I'm a llama!
a pirate-like patch over his eye... that would kick so much ass. Otherwise, Guts is pretty much set. There aren't those many weapons in berserk's world he doesn't already carry (a big blade - dragon slayer, small blades -  throwing knives, bombs, a cannon and a group of no-good sidekicks to make the berserk armor work).

oh, and the elf-king will probably just give him some "magical" advice like this:

home_expressm.jpg

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Guts had an eyepatch in the Berserk prototype Miura did back before the series began. It looked pretty... well, wacky, honestly.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Walter said:
Guts had an eyepatch in the Berserk prototype Miura did back before the series began. It looked pretty... well, wacky, honestly.

He gives it to Flicca halfway through the prototype too, so he doesn't even keep it for long. :guts:

How about another repeater bow? Guts could strap it on his right arm and plug bad guys John Woo-style. Puck and Evarella would have to turn each crank for him, though. :p

egg of the king

Mort pour Rien
I hope, above all, that Guts will get healed by the elf king. That alone will help him to use the armor to its full effect. I think, though, that the bearer of this armor's fate is to lose, piece-by-piece, their humanity. The newest "weapon", to speculate of course, may be some kind of ward that stops the degenration of his senses when using the berserker armor.
Conventionally speaking, though, I don't think we will see Guts with a new axe or shield, etc. The only accoutrement to his already burgeoning stockpile of weapons I'd like to see would maybe be a chain of sorts that could hook from the DS to his armor, so that even if he lost his grip on it for whatever reason, he could swing his body, slice and dice.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
egg of the king said:
The newest "weapon", to speculate of course, may be some kind of ward that stops the degenration of his senses when using the berserker armor.
Somehow I doubt this. It would make Skull Knight's warning of its dangers rather a moot point, wouldn't it?

:SK: "You found the cheat codes? Wish I'd had those back in my day..."

XD

egg of the king said:
The only accoutrement to his already burgeoning stockpile of weapons I'd like to see would maybe be a chain of sorts that could hook from the DS to his armor, so that even if he lost his grip on it for whatever reason, he could swing his body, slice and dice.

And reel in opponents for a deadly uppercut. "Get over here!!"

Herald of Yama

"It is pure Potential"
Hmm.

If Casca regains her sanity, maybe instead of a new weapon, Guts can just get some wild, sweaty monkey-sex? :isidro: :carcus: That would be cooler than a new weapon, and might satisfy the need of the regular YA subscribers for hardcore pr0n that has been so lacking these past few chapters. Yes, I mean chapters, unless something happened that I've forgotten.

egg of the king

Mort pour Rien
Walter said:
Somehow I doubt this.  It would make Skull Knight's warning of its dangers rather a moot point, wouldn't it? 

:SK: "You found the cheat codes? Wish I'd had those back in my day..."

Well it's all rather dubious--by virtue of being speculative. Yet, I think this nonetheless because Miura maintains that Guts will remain human. Now, "humanity" can be construed various ways, I know. Just throwing the possibility out there.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Trashcan said:
hardcore pr0n that has been so lacking these past few chapters. Yes, I mean chapters, unless something happened that I've forgotten.

It's even been a couple of arcs, actually.

egg of the king said:
Yet, I think this nonetheless because Miura maintains that Guts will remain human. Now, "humanity" can be construed various ways, I know. Just throwing the possibility out there.

Yeah, and Miura said so a while ago (I still think it's valid, though). Now, I think Walter was reacting more to the ward part, it would just be too easy.

egg of the king

Mort pour Rien
Alucalb said:
XD

And reel in opponents for a deadly uppercut. "Get over here!!"

lol. Seriously thoough, couldnt you see this being useful and not in the least superfluous, especially when Guts is wearing the Berserk armor? He has tried to bind the sword to him on two occasions and on numerous others his loss of the sword, Guts guile notwithstanding, proves to be both a loss in terms of tactical efficiency and morale.

Top Bottom