AOW release: New Femto model (Femto: Rebirth)

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Recent announcement in the Japanese part of the Art of War website. Pre-orders will start on July, 29th at 11:00 AM Japan time. In 2 days basically. No other information at the moment.

Re: AOW release: New Femto model

Aazealh said:
Recent announcement in the Japanese part of the Art of War website. Pre-orders will start on July, 29th at 11:00 AM Japan time. In 2 days basically. No other information at the moment.

Does it say if it is an action figure or model?

Man, do I wish I had the money for it, probally 200+bank fee + shipping + sold out in a matter of minutes = $$$ cha-ching in the future.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member

grendelrt said:
Does it say if it is an action figure or model?

It doesn't say whether it's a statue or an action figure, hence my use of the neutral word "model".

Aazealh said:
It doesn't say whether it's a statue or an action figure, hence my use of the neutral word "model".

Yeah I didnt know if you were using model for a reason or if I was just missing it =) Man I hope its a new statue. I cant find the old one anywhere.

Stiler said:
Man, do I wish I had the money for it, probally 200+bank fee + shipping + sold out in a matter of minutes = $$$ cha-ching in the future.

Yeah thats the worst part I think, all these people buy it and then try to resell it to make a profit. Which in turn leaves true fans out in the cold. I cant stand it when people deprive real fans of something they will love just to make a quick buck. For instance the Zodd II statue on Yahoo like 2 days later for insane prices, I saw up to 1200. I dont mind paying the high price (already) for an AOW statue, since I will prob keep it forever, but I cant make myself spend 3 - 4x the price on it later.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member

I got a mail from Art of War:

We are pleased to inform you that our latest item, Femto: Rebirth will be open for order by 11:00 am (Japan time: 29 July).

Femto: Rebirth is originated in Berserk Vol. 12 and we believe the new model should appeal to all fans of Berserk. The item is limited to 1 type only and normal version will not be available in general outlets.

Femto: Rebirth has complementary of deep green Beherit and the whole item prices 22,000 JAPANESE YEN. The item is limited to 300 unit only (serial number: 1 to 300).

And here are some pictures, thanks to JIN for them:

Femto01.jpg

Femto02.jpg
Femto03.jpg

Yeah, I got the same email.... and my conclusion, I WANT IT. :guts:

I'm curious to know exactly what they mean by "normal version will not be available in general outlets". Does that mean they won't make normal ones PERIOD? Or does that mean they will only sell normal ones through their site, direct? And will the normal ones just be the same thing but without the green behelit?

Well, we'll see!

JIN

Yudanero...

Aazealh said:
And here are some pictures, thanks to JIN for them:

:miura: thx to Masato and to Derek(for trying), and Mr. Aazealh. Welcome.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member

DirectDK said:
I'm curious to know exactly what they mean by "normal version will not be available in general outlets". Does that mean they won't make normal ones PERIOD? Or does that mean they will only sell normal ones through their site, direct? And will the normal ones just be the same thing but without the green behelit?

Yeah, I'm wondering the same stuff basically, plus what we discussed together, i.e. will it be on a 1/10 scale, or smaller (which would be stealing for 22,000Y). Otherwise, it really looks good and the pose is original, hell I even like the beherit. :guts:

That looks sweet :).

I wonder how big it will be excatly?

Hopefully not that small.

How much does AOW generally end up charging for bank fee + shipping to the US?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member

Stiler said:
How much does AOW generally end up charging for bank fee + shipping to the US?

Count around $35 for EMS shipping if the total weight is ~1500g. The bank transfer fee from the USA is around $40 according to our US members.

The bank fee is $35 on the U.S. side and 2500 Yen (a little less than $25) on the Japanese side. This sucks but last time I sent a payment it was for half a dozen items so it was only $10 extra per item.

As usual I'll be getting this.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member

Maiku said:
2500 Yen (a little less than $25) on the Japanese side.

They include this in the total payment price though (along with the shipping fee), you don't have to pay for it separately. The remittance fee in the customer's country however isn't indicated nor taken into account by AOW.

SMZKAH

I shall find the crystal of peace

I'm going to remain optimistic, although originally I was extremely excited about the soaring zodd pvc statue too (so small, and expensive for the size). But sure, I'm excited about a new release, especially femto, and the pose is cool. Let's just say I hope it's nice and big and beautiful. I probably wont manage to get my hands on it though especially if numbers are really limited. Until I'm sure about size and all, I'll try to be optimistic.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Interesting, AOW put a notice in the Japanese part of the site concerning a quantity restriction on multiple orders that will apply to this item, in order to allow everybody to get one. So they won't allow more than 2 Femto: Rebirth orders per person and address.

There's not information yet whether this kind of restriction may also apply to future releases or not (and if it would be punctual or systematic).

Dimensions of the statue are: 18cm (height), 13.5cm (width), 13.5cm (depth)
The beherit is 3.5cm.

Aazealh said:
They include this in the total payment price though (along with the shipping fee), you don't have to pay for it separately. The remittance fee in the customer's country however isn't indicated nor taken into account by AOW.

When they send you the bill yes. I was just referring to the fact that it is in addition to the 22,000 yen price.

I never liked Femto, and I definitely will not buy it, but the interesting part of this statue, is that it's TAKEN FROM A SCENE FROM BERSERK!

sooooooooooooo......................

hopefully.....

They make the Griffith scene I requested! mwhahahah
<= For the Griffith scene, refer to my avatar.

Aazealh said:
Interesting, AOW put a notice in the Japanese part of the site concerning a quantity restriction on multiple orders that will apply to this item, in order to allow everybody to get one. So they won't allow more than 2 Femto: Rebirth orders per person and address.

There's not information yet whether this kind of restriction may also apply to future releases or not (and if it would be punctual or systematic).

I think they should stick to this policy for future releases as well, to prevent those money hungry sharks that just buy them off AOW with the sole intention to re-sell it for twice as much on ebay/YJ.  It's people like that that give us real fans/collectors ulcers!

Dimensions of the statue are: 18cm (height), 13.5cm (width), 13.5cm (depth)
The beherit is 3.5cm.

With these dimensions, it's most likely a 1/10 scale figure, meaning it's the appropriate size to fit with the other AOW statues.  That's good news.

EndLeSS8 said:
I never liked Femto, and I definitely will not buy it, but the interesting part of this statue, is that it's TAKEN FROM A SCENE FROM BERSERK!

Hmm, what exactly do you mean by "scene"?  As far as I know, most of their Berserk statues are taken from actual scenes.  In fact, I show the comparisons on my website!  :serpico:  There are even more of them that I haven't added yet (like the guts: mf attack form statue), and when I get back home I can post some pics up, but practically all the statues released in the past 2 years have been modelled after EXACT manga pics and scenes.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
DirectDK said:
I think they should stick to this policy for future releases as well, to prevent those money hungry sharks that just buy them off AOW with the sole intention to re-sell it for twice as much on ebay/YJ.

Yep, that's a good thing as far as I'm concerned, I've seen some prices on auction sites for recently released items that were just ridiculous.

DirectDK said:
Hmm, what exactly do you mean by "scene"? As far as I know, most of their Berserk statues are taken from actual scenes.

Actually, it's taken from the cover of volume 12, not from an actual scene in the manga. :SK: What I think EndLeSS8 meant anyway is more of a diorama than just the classic "statue standing on a base".

Ive never preordered with AOW before, do you get the invoice and have to pay within 2 weeks of the day you preorder it. Or do you get an invoice and have two weeks once the item comes into stock?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
grendelrt said:
Ive never preordered with AOW before, do you get the invoice and have to pay within 2 weeks of the day you preorder it. Or do you get an invoice and have two weeks once the item comes into stock?

2 weeks once the item is ready to ship. They'll send you a mail with the payment details telling you that they'll ship the product as soon as they get the remittance, and from then on you have two weeks to make the money transfer.

All of this can be months after the initial pre-order, so don't worry. They'll keep you well informed anyway, and will most probably ask you to confirm a couple of times, they're always careful about this.

If only I had the money.

I do wish they were bigger though.

I'd like it if the statues were in say a 1/6 scale, would be sweet to have most characters coming in around the 10-12" scale.

Then have Zodd be in the scale and quite a bit bigger.

Imagine a 24" tall zodd flying, that would be so sweet.

Top Bottom