AOW release: New Femto model (Femto: Rebirth)

"I hope mine arrives all in one piece!"

Did someone have already received a statue from Art of War broken ?
Do they accept to resend another one to replace the one that is broken (EMS is an insured shipment method) ?

I am asking you that because the diorama Guts and Slan (I have ordered 8) ) seems a bit fragile (a lot a thin, small parts) and I am worrying about this (it will make me spend a lot of money... I had to make sacrifice to pay this wonderful statue)

Thanks ;)

N

Ng51386

grendelrt said:
They do not refund broken items to International buyers or allow exchanges. On the bright side, they do package it really well.

That sucks... At least they should offer to redo the sculpt so that way you dont have to repair it yourself. A broken piece totally depreciates the piece even for an investment...

Isnt EMS insured though? So if it is damaged you can do something about it then, cant you?

Ng51386 said:
Isnt EMS insured though? So if it is damaged you can do something about it then, cant you?
insurance is optional on ems shipment,
i think buyer can request insurance on the package but AOW will charge extra shipping

R

-rob-

Well, I accidently just purchased 1 of these.

So, is this "Rebirth" better then the original Femto Statue? (In your opinions of course)

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
kubricka said:
i think buyer can request insurance on the package but AOW will charge extra shipping

I confirm this. AOW usually recommends it anyway.

-rob- said:
So, is this "Rebirth" better then the original Femto Statue? (In your opinions of course)

It's two different things, -rob-.

N

Ng51386

Well if it's insured, and it's broken then what will happen? :???:

As for Femto and his Rebirth statue, those two are comparable sorta, the Femto statue is more of an ominous statue, whereas Rebirth is more of a detailed composition of his rebirth as Femto.

The Femto is also about 5cm taller, but both are good statues of Femto. The Femto statue though is more of a traditional figure, whereas Rebirth is an action pose of Femto. So depends on which floats your boat, both floated mine!!! :guts:

N

Ng51386

Aazealh said:
You contact the shipping company and a horrible adventure of administrative hassle ensues.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo anything but that!!!! :judo: :isidro: :judo:

But would you be able to replace the statue, or would the end result be just your money back?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Ng51386 said:
But would you be able to replace the statue, or would the end result be just your money back?

Through the shipping company you usually get your money back (or part of it).

It is 50 japan yens for an insured EMS at each 20 000 yens level. Considering that it represents really nothing, I want to give you this piece of advice : take the insurance ;)
Especially for those who have purchased the Guts and Slan diorama, I am not a pro but it seems that it will be quite fragile for some thin parts (slan's hair and wings...)

that's kind of cheap of AOW (imo) to not offer refunds/replacements for international buyers.

I mean you are a customer after all. From all I've read about how much of a hassle it is just to order from them, you think they'd care enough about their customers to at least have some kind of customer service.

Stiler said:
that's kind of cheap of AOW (imo) to not offer refunds/replacements for international buyers.

I mean you are a customer after all. From all I've read about how much of a hassle it is just to order from them, you think they'd care enough about their customers to at least have some kind of customer service.

It definetly sucks but given that shipping costs between $50-$150 to send it back to them and then they ship it to you again they would lose alot of money per peice. Thankfully they pack the items really really well and I would rather have the option of taking the risk versus not being able to buy the items at all.

...and honestly sending a wire transfer is really easy if your bank doesn't suck balls I don't see why people complain about it.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
[AOW] Femto: Rebirth re-release

Following the success of the “Guts & Casca /1:10 scale” from the cover of Volume 13 of “The Eclipse” , we plan to reproduce the “Femto: The Birth/1:10 scale” in limited quantities.

Please note if we do not receive over 50 orders during the pre-order period, this statue will not be manufactured.

Pre-order period: From July 14th to August 10th 2012.

HTEgz.jpg

■□■Femto: The Birth/1:10 scale ■□■ 

The Birth of the Femto from the red-hot Beherit is one of the most dramatic scenes in Berserk.

The Beherit shell will be painted in different shades of red, with a strong contrast between the inside and outside of the shell to emphasize the birth of the Femto from the darkness. When the Beherit shell breaks, the strong light and darkness symbolizes the Femto himself. The color of the Femto will be dark blue with purple accented metallic spots. His head and shoulder will glitter delicately, and the subtle gradation of color from his shoulder to the mantle will be carefully hand-crafted by ART OF WAR skillful artisans. And finally, the color from bottom to the top of his wing will become increasingly transparent with clearer blood veins. There is no doubt that this art piece will be one that brings out the best of ART OF WAR artisans’ skills.

Looking at the rear of the statue you will be surprised by the strong details of the “Beherit: Egg of the King” shell. The color of the Beherit's eyes and lips will be greatly bring out the Beherit’s complexion. You will see “Egg of the King” will have a realistic facial expression through its eyes, pupils, lips, and teeth. Moreover, as it will be created in a shell form, it makes the item easy to be enjoyed from any viewpoint. ART OF WAR believe our effort with this artwork and the complexity of the paint application will allure you into the world of Berserk.

■ Code No. 286 Femto: The Birth/1:10 scale

Unit price: 45,000 Yen (approx. US$568 / € 463)
Size: 16.3 cm (H) x 13.3 cm (W) x 13.3 cm (D)
Weight: 900g (approx.)
Attachment: Base and serial number nameplate
Material: Polystone
Created & Manufactured by ART OF WAR

The statue is a suitable companion to “Guts & Casca/1:10 scale”.

Thanks for posting this, Aazealh. I notice it's marginally shorter/ smaller than the what was released originally. What do you think of the color tones on this one compared to the older one?

I noticed this annoucement last Saturday!

The painting job looks amazing! In my opinion it ll better than the old exclusive version... But the price is amazing too!

It s a chance to buy it if you don t have the older version!

Dr.Legato

Art of War Supporter
Its a great price since the older versions have been catching more money on auctions lately... But I'm not getting it, too much in a short period of time.

Dr.Legato said:
Its a great price since the older versions have been catching more money on auctions lately... But I'm not getting it, too much in a short period of time.

I will suck this piece this time.. ... this is too good of a color way to pass... ...

I didnt buy the skull knight on horse boned ver. now i wanna kill myself. :sad:

Stiler said:

They replaced a statue I received broken. I emailed them photos of the damage and of the packaging. They sent me a new one after I explained I didn't want a refund, I just wanted what I had bought in one piece. I live in Canada BTW and they didn't give me a hard time over it.

Top Bottom