Who is your favorite apostle?

Raziel

"Each man is haunted until his humanity awakens."
I'd have to go with Zodd followed by Grunbeld (gotta love the dragon form) and a tie between Locus/Irvine, although I have to admit I do have a soft spot for Rakshas.

-Raz  :beast:

S

smoke

I like Irvine, Grunbeld, and Rakshas. Even though Zodd is an apostle, I never really seem to lump him with the others when I think of apostles. He is pretty cool, though.

Never cared much for Locus, for some reason.

Irvine, because archers are cool and he's the most badass archer ever.
Rakshas, because he's the scariest guy imaginable.
Grunbeld, because I wish I was a twenty foot tall hammer wielding fire-shooting bastard.

I will have to go with Zodd or Grunbeld. They both gave the best battle scenes in the manga. Zodd is cool because even if you hurt him, it wont slow him down, infact he will like it that someone is providing a worthily challenge to him. Zodd is all about combat. Zodd also looks cool in his apostle (demon) form. :zodd:

Rakshas and.. the Slug Count! Didn't see that one coming, didcha :guts: Second place would have to go to Ganishka, then there'd be Wyald.

Stream

Inousha
I've read only up to volume 26, so I'm lacking certain knowledge of newly introduced apostles...
But, probably I'd pick Rochine and Zodd, anyway.

Zodd is THE awesome character, and Rochine, I guess, has just struck me in some personal way.

:zodd: :puck:

D

Death Can Wait

Nosferatu Zodd :zodd:
Everytime I look at him I think of the fond memories of Akuma (both love the fight and have that red-eyed demon face. Anybody know of any influential relations?) Thus Zodd made it into my heart very easily. Its always great to see him and Guts come into contact, and the way he helped him with Boscone was awesome. Second would be Grunbeld, has a very dragoon-ish design to me thus badass.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Death Can Wait said:
Anybody know of any influential relations?

Gouki first appeared as a secret character in Super Street Fighter II Turbo around a year after Zodd was introduced in Berserk. Nobody at Capcom admitted an influence so as far as I know it's officially considered as being a coincidence. This was discussed a few times in the past by the way, please try to run a search before asking that kind of question as most of them will find their answers within old posts.

Pesmerga

This is going to be one hell of a party
my favorite is

<------------------------------ ZODD

when he fight, what a POWER, incredibly violent, fast and technique

when in apostle form, better run far far away :zodd:

more than that i think the best word to describe him the first time he appear is FEAR

The Behelit Apostle. He was the one with the better story.
And I don't know why but I liked the fact that he needed to tell his story to someone before the events that led to his merging (?) with that corrupted baby Caska had. And I liked even more the fact that he chose Luca.

Billybob

Succumb to the will of the beast
I'm gonna go with the slug apostle. His story was great, and the fight he had with Guts was really good. It showed The Black Swordsman in all his glory. Plus we got the see the Godhand tell his daughter the story he never told her, which I loved, because it absolutely destroyed any innocence she had left, and turned her into a hateful little bitch.

manzikert

Kanpu- Denki otaku from BG
I think the most interesting one is the bulldog-like creature, which guts killed in 14th volume. It was the first kill which he made with his new sword, the Dragonslayer.

Right now I am interested in Irvine... I want to know what his Apostle form looks like and also hear a bit more about his character. I had mixed feelings when Miura introduced all of these new Apostles because while all of them are totally badass, it means that it will just take longer before we hear some of their stories. =[

If I had to pick a favorite Apostle I think it would be Roshinu. The thought had never occurred to me before her character that there could be children Apostles. I just assumed that children were innocent/naive (I should have known... never in Berserk LOL) and that only adults could become evil enough to sacrifice those dearest to them to the God Hand. Even though her parents did care about her though she still chose to sacrifice them in order to become a moth... wasp... elf... thing. Her minions were one of the most deranged things in the manga for me too... like when Puck goes to play ball with them and the ball turns out to be an eyeball. LOL I think the creepiest thing in the manga for me was when they started to "play" war and rape. That creeped me out more than Baphomet's snake dickpenis or Troll harem or anything. Hahaha

Opie

The Sex Icon
Ok we all know who the ultimate badass is... GRIFFITH. He will always be my favorite apostle in my book but some of you might say that he doesn't count. But I think he does he had a Beherit did he not so ya he is my favorite aposltle all the way besides who doesn't like Griffith?

Dirty Dog

Irvine, definately.
He's just the coolest.
It might only have 4 strings, but he plays an instrument, which is always cool.
Not to mention he looks like Robin Hood. :p
He also seems very capable of empathy.
And he's a loner, I tend to prefer people who are like that. (one of the reasons why I like Guts so much)

However, I kinda like Rakshas too. He's a 3-eyed shadow thing, and that's pretty cool. :carcus:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Opie said:
Ok we all know who the ultimate badass is... GRIFFITH. He will always be my favorite apostle in my book but some of you might say that he doesn't count. But I think he does he had a Beherit did he not so ya he is my favorite aposltle all the way besides who doesn't like Griffith?

Well yeah, he indeed doesn't count. He's not an apostle, he's a member of the God Hand. His beherit was different from the "common" ones too, so that doesn't mean much. Sorry man, but that's just how it is. Griffith isn't a mere apostle, and that's why he's so cool.

Well, I guess Griffith may not count. So...

I'll go with Zodd. He's pretty cool. :SK: He's like Akuma from street fighter. Going battle to battle and looking for some one stronger to kill.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Death May Die said:
I'll go with Zodd. He's pretty cool. :SK: He's like Akuma from street fighter. Going battle to battle and looking for some one stronger to kill.

Rather, Akuma's like him, because Zodd was around first. :zodd:

I love Wyald the most. I could connect with him because his philosophy and mine are pretty similiar (the point of life being to just have fun and do whatever the hell you want... just to enjoy it all) minus the raping and all that. I also loved the way DH translated how he talked, he said a few things I say and that just strengthened the connection. So yeah, Wyald is number one. :p

Femto the Raven

The location of agony? The human soul.
That's funny/creepy, identifying with Wyald that is. but I see your point.

Locus all the way for me, but of course, Zodd rocks.

Grunbeld , even without transforming he can easy kill most of the common apostles and he prob would have killed Guts if not for the berserker armor.

Top Bottom