New Wyald (apostle form) and Puck kits by HEADLONG

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
http://www.geocities.jp/headlong037/b06/s.wiald.html

Wyald resin kit, will be sold during WF2005. As usual it's pretty cool, although a bit small unfortunately; the best Wyald kit (in apostle form) so far, IMHO.

Total height: 145mm (5.71")
Price: 6000円 (~ $53)

Wyald-kitHeadlong.jpg

He's also done a new Puck (flying :isidro:) kit and it will be available at WF2005 too. Height for this one is 40mm (1.58").

pack2_tl.jpg

http://www.geocities.jp/headlong037/

Headlong is awesome. His sculpts have great detail. I just wish he made these apostle kits bigger. Although, he did tell me that late next year he'll be releasing a 40cm Zoddo... WITH WINGS!!!! (Hehehe, I know I already mentioned that in my berserkstatues thread but man, that's gonna be awesome)

Anyhow, I'm excited about this kit. I think I'll go all out with it again and make it a diorama since it's so small.

The puck is awesome too! I dunno if it beats yoda puck though! :puck: Oh, and speaking of flying pucks, I got this a few days ago:

puckevahena.jpg

Anyone know what they are saying??? Hehe.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
DirectDK said:
I got this a few days ago

You're the one that got it? It's pretty cool, I like it a lot. :serpico:

As for what they say, it's nothing much, really...

Puck: There?!
Ivalera: Where?

CnC said:
I do like that wyald one... good detail on the fur.
53 bucks for a 5-6inch statue? .hmmmm :void:

Well, that's at WF2005, now on Yahoo Japan auctions the price is probably going to be higher, not including the handling and shipping fees. Then you have to assemble and paint it. :SK:

Aazealh said:
You're the one that got it? It's pretty cool, I like it a lot. :serpico:

Haha, well actually, there have a been a few auctions for this kit lately. It was originally released a while back (1-2 years ago), but just last month at WHF in Kobe, they were re-released (usually I hate re-releases but this one worked in my favor since I've been wanting it for a while now =P). Anyways, I didn't win the auction for just that kit in particular (I think that one ended over 10,000 yen which is crazy). I won a different auction that was for the full set:

puckhena.jpg

evahena.jpg

I dig the puck a lot, but the evarella one looks a little off to me. I hope all those diorama parts come with the kit too (especially the root). I should have asked, but I forgot to!

As for what they say, it's nothing much, really...

Puck: There?!
Ivalera: Where?

Ahh, thanks :serpico:

CnC

Ad Oculos
DirectDK said:
I dig the puck a lot, but the evarella one looks a little off to me. I hope all those diorama parts come with the kit too (especially the root). I should have asked, but I forgot to!

I agree, Puck's face looks good (or at least from that angle, his right hand is too long) but, yet again, the face is messed up in Evarella (bushy eyebrows?).

Actually, her feet look wierd too.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
DirectDK said:
Anyways, I didn't win the auction for just that kit in particular (I think that one ended over 10,000 yen which is crazy).

Yeah, last time I checked it was at 14,000Y or something like that... The dialog bubbles are custom apparently though, that may explain it.

DirectDK said:
I hope all those diorama parts come with the kit too (especially the root). I should have asked, but I forgot to!

Well, I always saw the kits along with the diorama parts, so I'd assume that it's a bundle. Now, I also wouldn't be surprised if everybody used the same pictures again and again while this was a specific "demo" completed kit.

R

-rob-

Aazealh said:
http://www.geocities.jp/headlong037/b06/s.wiald.html

Wyald resin kit, will be sold during WF2005. As usual it's pretty cool, although a bit small unfortunately; the best Wyald kit (in apostle form) so far, IMHO.

Total height: 145mm (5.71")
Price: 6000円 (~ $53)

He's also done a new Puck (flying :isidro:) kit and it will be available at WF2005 too. Height for this one is 40mm (1.58").

http://www.geocities.jp/headlong037/

O man I want that. I'm gonna have to order it tommorow!

-rob- said:
O man I want that. I'm gonna have to order it tommorow!

LOL, how exactly do you plan to order it tomorrow? :???: heheh

Anyways, since we are on the topic of Wyald (though this isn't exactly about HEADLONG's Wyald, but I figured I should share anyways), several months ago a Berserk collector in Taiwan emailed me with some pictures of a custom Wyald he's been working on. He's not professional or anything but it's a very admirable attempt, and the size of the thing is HUUUUUGEEE.

wyaldcustom1.jpg

wyaldcustom2.jpg

His name is James Huang and he has a pretty nice Berserk AOW collection himself. Here's his website: http://homepage1.seed.net.tw/web@1/pooh/

TheSkyTraveller

Monster adventures on the high seas!
Wow, both of those kits are awesome.  The Wyald is amazing, but seems way too small.  And Puck is so cute I could die!  Their other Puck kit on their site is even cuter.  How is that possible??!!

DirectDK said:
Anyways, since we are on the topic of Wyald....

Holy shit, that thing IS huge!  I wonder what he sculpted it with?  Did he say anything?  It looks like some kind of oil clay, or possibly an epoxy putty?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
DirectDK said:
LOL, how exactly do you plan to order it tomorrow? :???: heheh

Hehe yeah, I felt like asking that, too. :guts:

DirectDK said:
Anyways, since we are on the topic of Wyald (though this isn't exactly about HEADLONG's Wyald, but I figured I should share anyways), several months ago a Berserk collector in Taiwan emailed me with some pictures of a custom Wyald he's been working on.

Pretty cool for a non-professional, and it's big indeed. :isidro: Like TheSkyTraveller, I wonder what he used to sculpt it. Does he plan on painting it afterwards? That'd be nice. His collection in general is also very neat.

Top Bottom