Dark Horse Releases

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
Walter said:
Apparently they got their information from SkullKnight himself.  :badbone:
  Just to show you that the efforts done by you and those who work for this community are noticed.  Never seen people like Mr. Warner going to forums giving exclusive info.  Kudos to all of you and thank you very much Mr. Warner, your news is very refreshing.

That is absolutely great news Chris. Thanks :guts:

EDIT:
DarthVenom said:
volume 10 is still set to drop on 1/25/06
Date Change

ok Dark Horse has pushed up the release date of volume 10 to 1/11/06 :guts:

volume 11 is still set to drop on 4/12/06

jackson_hurley

even the horses are cut in half!
DarthVenom said:
ok Dark Horse has pushed up the release date of volume 10 to 1/11/06  :guts:

thx man! i hate when dark horse change their date at the last minute! a few days ago vol 10 was supposed to go out last wednesday 1/04/06! oh well another week to wait! haha thats fine with me! im used to it anyway! :)

SMZKAH

I shall find the crystal of peace
Hmmm weird. I called my local Boarders back on the 4th, before I checked this thread, to see if they had received volume 10 yet. They said they expected it to arrive in two days. Anyway, I found out the release date was pushed back to today (the 11th) so I called again. They said they had two on order but the release was pushed back to the 31st. Is anyone else having this problem or is my local Boarders not very reliable?

IsolatioN

Last Soldier Standing
hmm, I had a similar problem, except I was ordering online through Amazon. It seems the date change was very sudden, or I would guess that; allot of people I know are having similar difficulties.

Ahh well, they should ship soon :)

I emailed the Amazon seller that I usually but the mangas from on Friday to see if they had Volume 10 in stock, but they haven't replied yet.

SMZKAH said:
Hmmm weird.  I called my local Boarders back on the 4th, before I checked this thread, to see if they had received volume 10 yet.  They said they expected it to arrive in two days.  Anyway, I found out the release date was pushed back to today (the 11th) so I called again.  They said they had two on order but the release was pushed back to the 31st.  Is anyone else having this problem or is my local Boarders not very reliable?

Hi everybody,

Chris Warner here, Dark Horse Berserk guy, yadda yadda. Anyway, something of note regarding release dates is that our official on-sale dates are regarding the specialty market (comics shops), whose on-sale dates are almost always exactly one week after the book ships from Diamond Distribution warehouses. Since practically every individual comics shop is shipped directly from Diamond, books hit the store and are usually on the shelves the same day, and it's a very clockwork process, only affected by the occasional shipping delay or fulfillment error. In the book market, however, it's a much more convoluted process, and for the big chains, books are generally shipped to regional warehouses, where books are then broken down into shipments to individual stores (this is similar for smaller independent booksellers, who generally get their books from large regional sub-distributors like Ingram or Baker and Taylor). Therefore, the actual on-sale dates in bookstores are usually at least a week later (and often longer) than in the comics market (since there's at least one more link in the distibution chain), and there's never a hard and fast "It's always in Borders a week after the comics shops" rule, since the amount and mix of product that goes into a mass-market bookstore can vary wildly week to week (they get their stuff from many different distributors) much more than in comics shops (most of whom get all their product from a single distributor, Diamond), which can greatly affect what goes out and when. This all probably qualifies as more info than you ever wanted, so the short version is to remember that the on-sale dates on our website are for comics shops, and books will then start showing up on mass-market bookstores shelves in one to three weeks.

CnC

Ad Oculos
Chris Warner said:
This all probably qualifies as more info than you ever wanted, so the short version is to remember that the on-sale dates on our website are for comics shops, and books will then start showing up on mass-market bookstores shelves in one to three weeks.

Thanks for the clarification, Chris.

handsome rakshas

Thanks Grail!
Chris Warner said:
so the short version is to remember that the on-sale dates on our website are for comics shops, and books will then start showing up on mass-market bookstores shelves in one to three weeks.

Thanks for clarifying that for me. I always wondered why it takes Borders so damn long to get the book in. I'm going to start preordering the manga from my local comic store. Thanks for the info, Chris! And thank you for taking the time to come back and talk to us. Your actions show that you care about our opinions and questions, and I love you for that. :guts:

El_Spico11

The power of death is intoxicating...
Wow they're only up to volume 10? I just started reading the mangas two days ago and I just finished volume 2, no wonder the local bookstore only has up to 9. I was very confused because I always hear talk about volume 27 and all. Don't mind me, I'm just new to the whole manga thing, although I must say it is superb :guts: Yarrr hurry up then! It only takes me a good hour to finish a volume!

IsolatioN

Last Soldier Standing
haha :serpico: the talk of the later volumes are from people who buy the japanese volumes and read translations/transcripts on the net :)

welcome to the Berserk manga, by the way. It's an amazing experience. I suggest not just flying through them, since Miura has crafted Berserk so amazingly, there is allot you can ponder inbetween reading volumes. What I do is read a volume, sort of just process it for awhile, then read the next. It's one of the neatest things about Berserk, you can just ponder and speculate so much..

but welcome!

El_Spico11

The power of death is intoxicating...
Thanks for the welcome :serpico: I've only been reading the Dark Horse mangas so far, so which volume are they up to? I've read elsewhere that they have reached 13 or 14, and this thread only points to volume 10, so I'm a bit confused.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
DarthVenom said:
Volume 11 is still set to drop 4/12/06

and the date has been set for volume 12 to drop 7/12/06 :guts:

Nice, thanks for the update DarthVenom! I recently picked up volume 10 of the DH releases but have yet to read it and vol. 9. I'll get to 'em eventually though. :serpico:

IsolatioN

Last Soldier Standing
Hey Volume 12 comes out two days after my birth day :) Thanks for the update, can't wait to get 11. Must..see...battle..with..Wyald!

jackson_hurley

even the horses are cut in half!
even though i know how guts survive the eclipse i cant wait to see that in visuals!!! been waiting for that for a looong time! yes its gonna be good! :chomp:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Nomad said:
Never seen people like Mr. Warner going to forums giving exclusive info. Kudos to all of you and thank you very much Mr. Warner, your news is very refreshing.
His post on our forums got him on "Aintitcool" and several other sites, and then he promptly dissapeared. Very curious indeed... I hope he didn't get in trouble for being TOO exclusive? :judo:

As for the proposed release schedule, it's good news, but so far, they've already been coming out TOO quick for my wallet ;D. I just got my vol 11 a few days ago and had to forego dinner...

IsolatioN

Last Soldier Standing
Bah, who needs dinner when you have a shiny new Berserk volume? It should sustain you for at least one or two days. :guts:

Placed my order for 11 a couple days ago, should be shipping soon. :troll:

Top Bottom