Dark Horse Releases

He's not the worst dub actor ever (that dubious honour goes to the putz who voices Sanji), but his Zoro lacks the edge or aggression the character ought to have. Even if I've never seen a fansub before, I'd expect Zoro to sound like a grizzled bastard, not a Dragon Ball reject.

handsome rakshas

Thanks Grail!
Alucalb said:
He's not the worst dub actor ever (that dubious honour goes to the putz who voices Sanji), but his Zoro lacks the edge or aggression the character ought to have. Even if I've never seen a fansub before, I'd expect Zoro to sound like a grizzled bastard, not a Dragon Ball reject.

well at least we agree that sanji sounds like a re-re. It pains me to think of what has been done to one piece since the japanese version is so awesome.

Then there's the editing, like muskets and pistols changed into supersoakers and popguns. WTF? They keep all the sharp pointy swords, but change the firearms into, well, waterarms? Pirates don't get those eyepatches and peg legs fighting with NERF weapons, you know.

handsome rakshas

Thanks Grail!
Alucalb said:
Then there's the editing, like muskets and pistols changed into supersoakers and popguns. WTF? They keep all the sharp pointy swords, but change the firearms into, well, waterarms? Pirates don't get those eyepatches and peg legs fighting with NERF weapons, you know.

don't  forget to stop at the bar and get some grog! WAIT! NO GROG? WHAT THE HELL IS POWER JUICE?

and come to think of it, what was this topic about? Dark Horse? wow! I've just been ranting about one piece! sorry for being off topic

ok issue 10 is set to come out 1/25/06

issue 9 is still set to come out 10/12/05

ill keep you guys up to date on any changes of dates or anything that i learn. and yes i know 0 fucking 6 (come on darkhorse do what this thread topic says lol)

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Vladimir said:
So,it's long too! :judo:

Still faster than Dark Horse though, can't complain. :void: One volume every month like in Germany would have been nice, but it requires several translators working together on it and a solid editing company not to screw up.

Aazealh said:
Still faster than Dark Horse though, can't complain. :void: One volume every month like in Germany would have been nice, but it requires several translators working together on it and a solid editing company not to screw up.
Yeah,but,why is there just one personn working on it,and not many?(I cannot understand that :void:)
And beside,"Glénat"(the french company)is not so that poor

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Vladimir said:
Yeah,but,why is there just one personn working on it,and not many?(I cannot understand that :void:)

Would cost too much. Besides, releasing too many volumes too quickly would be a loss of money for them in the long run given all the titles on the market. At least, that's what they think.

Vladimir said:
And beside,"Glénat"(the french company)is not so that poor

I know, Dark Horse isn't poor either. Their goal isn't to sacrifice their profits in order to create better products though, but the contrary.

scroto

Mmm....You don't say?
The Berserk graphic novels have been top sellers in there catergory for every month that they come out here in the U.S.

From my own personal views every time I go throught the local Manga sections to see whats out, the Berserk section is never stocked. Now I know that sounds bad, but it isn't. My reason is that, I know from working at a bookstore that when a book, particulalrly one with many volumes, like Berserk, has multiple releases in a year the store isn't going to order older copies for the sake of having the entire series available on the shelf, but would be more prone to order several copies of the more recent and new releases of that series.

Back to my main point, because I never see it at all on the shelves except for maybe one stray volume surrounded by FULLY STOCKED series like Bleach and Naruto and the other multiple titles (talking full set volumes 1-current) means that people are picking up the later releases, Frequently. I think that is awesome, because that means new berserk fans are reading this stuff everyday, more then the other titles available. And if they didn't already have the older volumes they will seek them out, or they are the blood thirsty crazy fans like me who can't wait for the next volume to come out!

At least I think so, considering how many people I have turned onto Berserk in the last three years!  :guts:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
BillyBudd said:
They need to get to Volume 14 ASAP because I want to know what happens after the anime.

Noticing that only now, I just want to tell you that volume 9, 10 and 11 aren't wasted time even if you've watched the anime a hundred times. Believe me, they're worth their price. Needless to say, 12 and 13 are great too. :guts:

jackson_hurley

even the horses are cut in half!
Aazealh said:
Noticing that only now, I just want to tell you that volume 9, 10 and 11 aren't wasted time even if you've watched the anime a hundred times. Believe me, they're worth their price. Needless to say, 12 and 13 are great too. :guts:

i must agree especially since theres soooo much stuff in these books compared to the series!

-rob- said:
What I'm worried about is DarkHorse giving up after 10 or 15 or something like that.

i doubt that..i've seen a post somewhere on their board that they are far from stopping it..

I'm grateful for what DH is doing here despite their slow release times. I watched the anime and then started reading the manga where the anime left off so I missed quite a few things from anime episode 1-25. Like, I never saw the encounter Guts has with the Skull Knight in volume 9.

jackson_hurley said:
i must agree especially since theres soooo much stuff in these books compared to the series!

i doubt that..i've seen a post somewhere on their board that they are far from stopping it..

Hi everybody,

Chris Warner here, Dark Horse editor of Berserk. Believe me, no chance we'll stop publishing Berserk. Just in the way that business is done on the title, we contract three volumes at a time, and we're about to contract through volume 15, but I'd say with about 99% certainty that we'll be with the series to the end. The books have been very strong sellers for us—especially of note since a major mass-market retailer won't rack adults-only titles, offering them only as special orders—and we're currently exploring increasing the schedule to bi-monthly (if this happens, the first bi-monthly release would be in fall 2006). If we are able to go bimonthly, I'll spill the beans here first.

Chris

Chris Warner said:
Hi everybody,

Chris Warner here, Dark Horse editor of Berserk. Believe me, no chance we'll stop publishing Berserk. Just in the way that business is done on the title, we contract three volumes at a time, and we're about to contract through volume 15, but I'd say with about 99% certainty that we'll be with the series to the end. The books have been very strong sellers for us—especially of note since a major mass-market retailer won't rack adults-only titles, offering them only as special orders—and we're currently exploring increasing the schedule to bi-monthly (if this happens, the first bi-monthly release would be in fall 2006). If we are able to go bimonthly, I'll spill the beans here first.

Chris

Thanks Chris. just to let you know i buy a lot of Dark Horse products. such as comics from various Alien/Predator series, the Akira Series (which i will say is amazing) and a some diffrent Star Wars titles. And, i have to say that the Berserk Manga series is my favorite Dark Horse product yet. i have bought everyone of them and will continue to do so. So a bi-monthly release schedule will definitely be a great idea, hopefully it will happen in the fall of 2006.  :guts:

handsome rakshas

Thanks Grail!
An angel has descended and his name is Chris Warner! I would be so happy with a bi monthly release! This is good news indeed and shows that Dark Horse loves us! Heres hoping for fall of 2006!

Top Bottom